• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Any amil Brahmin from Srilanka?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I had been to many Hindu Temples in the UK and have observed many gurukal doing pooja like we do in India, but they are basicaly from Srilanka. Their Tamil accent everything from Srilanka. I dont think there are poorveega Iyengars from Lanka and whom ever I met are Iyer Gurukals from Lanka. Not only their Tamil accent is diff, I am sure lots of aspects when we get into details. I am interested in knowing such details.

Would like to know traditions, sects, practices of Lanka Tamil Brahmins. Especially how they managed to learn and master Vedagamam and protetct it so long? It would help us to understand the diversity of the community and its practices. Is there any body in is site from Srilanka Brahmin community? Even if you are not directly belong to - but of you know about them, pls share details.

Thanks
Sundaran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back