• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mozilla to launch Rs.1,500 smartphone in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mozilla to launch Rs.1,500 smartphone in India

Mozilla, the developer of the Firefox web browser, has tied up with handset makers Intex and Spice to bring smartphones priced at $25 (Rs.1,500) to India in the next few months, a move that may redefine the "ultra-affordable" mobile phone market in the country.

Mozilla showcased a smartphone prototype costing as little as $25 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in February, targeting developing countries including India and China. The Firefox operating system devices will compete with phones using Google's Android and Microsoft's Windows platforms.

"Mozilla is dedicated to putting the power of the web in people's hands, and Firefox OS frees consumers, developers, mobile providers and manufacturers from the limitations and restrictions of proprietary platforms," Mozilla Chief Operating Officer Li Gong said in a statement.

With more accessible Firefox OS phones coming to India soon and the addition of Intex and Spice to the team of global partners, it is clear that momentum for Firefox OS is continuing to accelerate, he added.

Google and Microsoft have tried to enter the mobile market with their hardware, but have not been successful. Firefox too will face a difficult market to penetrate.

Google and Microsoft have tried to enter the mobile market with their hardware, but have not been successful. Firefox too will face a difficult market to penetrate.
hi

i think price tag is cheaper...firefox OS is fine better than chrome/ms.....i use firefox for a long time....i like firefox better than chrome/

windows explorer....more safer and nice look... indian market is always a volatile....

My point is not that. Successful software companies have not succeeded in hardware area.

hi

i think price tag is cheaper...firefox OS is fine better than chrome/ms.....i use firefox for a long time....i like firefox better than chrome/

windows explorer....more safer and nice look... indian market is always a volatile....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back