• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Amazing smart phone that is dirt cheap: Moto E

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]Motorola launches the Moto E: Decent specs, but hey, it is dirt cheap[/h] May 14, 2014 G.Kishore

Motorola

The last week was rife with rumors about the arrival of Motorola’s first phone after it got acquired by Lenovo.

Motorola seems to have a penchant for cheap phones” Even its flagship, the Moto X is placed relatively low in the price ladder. It’s Moto G offered mid-range specs for a really cheap price. Motorola has decided to go even lower and launch the Moto E, at just $129.

It offers incredible value, with specifications not found on phones anywhere near its price tag: qHD (960*540 pixels) screen, 1.2 Ghz Dual Core Processor, 1GB RAM and a 1980mAh battery.
The highlight is the screen: although the 4.3 inch qHD screen isn’t exactly groundbreaking, it is mediocre, in fact, but what is special about it is its durability: Motorola has decided to outfit the Moto E’s screen with Gorilla Glass, which is incredibly durable and not found on any phone in the $100-$150 range.

Also, it has been covered with a water-resistant coating, meaning it will be able to survive the occasional splash with no damage, but don’t think of taking it with you as you jump into the pool.

As mentioned above, you won’t find a quad-core powerhouse underneath, but chances are you don’t even need that much power: Unless you play lots of Graphically heavy Games or do system intensive tasks, you are going to do just fine with the Moto E’s 1.2 Ghz Dual Core Snapdragon 200 Processor, with just the rare lag. However, we do sort of guarantee that you won’t find it unbearably slow. You may even be satisfied, if your daily routine just includes simple browsing, Twitter, etc with just the dash of simple gaming.

The software too is top-notch: It features Google’s latest and greatest, Android Kitkat (4.4.2), which too is a feature we reckon you won’t find anywhere else in this price belt. Heck, you can’t even find Kitkat on several Mid-Range phones and even not on some flagship and former-flagship smartphones. Plus, Motorola has promised to roll out the latest Android updates as quickly as possible.

You can even customize the Moto E, like you can with its bigger brother, the Moto X, but not to that extent. You can swap the back with backplates of different colors and designs, which Motorola calls Motorola Shells.

It has 4GB internal storage, which is a bit on the low side, but it makes up for it with a MicroSD card slot, meaning you can expand it to upto 32GB.

Motorola reckons that it’s 1920mAh battery is sufficient enough and will last for upto 24 hours under simple use.

It has WiFi 802.11n and Bluetooth 4.0 LE.

Motorola

The only real drawbacks appear on the Camera side: It has been equipped with just a 5MP camera (No front camera for your pathetic selfies) and no flash. It also lacks 4G, though 3G offers reasonably fast speeds. Plus, a stable 4G network hasn’t been established in Developing Countries, which are the Moto E’s prime audience.

The Moto E’s tagline is “Goodbye Dumbphone”, which is pretty true since you are getting a decent smartphone for the price of feature phones, which still make up for the majority of the phones sold in developing Areas such as India.

Motorola has also added the much-needed 4G and MicroSD card slot to its Moto G, making it the perfect smartphone for most: Decent Display, Adequate Performance, Rock Bottom price, what more?

We definitely recommend the Moto E and it will definitely appeal to those who still use a feature phone. If you can’t afford the Moto G, then this is the best phone for you: adequate performance, Decent Display, Durability and also, Customizability.

The 4G Moto G will cost $219, $40 higher than the original Moto G’s $179 asking price, but still lower than most, with unbeatable value.

It will launch unlocked this week in the US and the UK for $129 and £89 respecitvey. It will expand to over 40 countries and to over 80 carriers in the coming months.
Sources: Motorola

I believe flip cart could not handle the orders for MOTOE it showed error. it appears to be good mob . for its price

Krishji,

Same with me too..I tried ordering this yesterday at flipkart..It said out of stock...It will notify me as soon as stocks are available and asked me to share my email address, which I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back