• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some truths, about 'Truth'.

1. Truth remains truth forever - It does not change with persons, places
and time.

2. Truth does not require anyone's sanction.

3. Truth does not require proof. Even if it cannot be proved in a court of law
or before learned people, it remains as truth only. It does not lose out
its character and force.

4. Truth can be spoken by anyone. There is no need for a minimum
qualification or status to speak truth.

5. Truth shall not be mixed with untruth/lie, as otherwise both will lose their
credibility. A half-truth is more dangerous than a 100% lie.

6. Truth suppressed is justice killed. When one has a duty to speak out,
he shall not hesitate to tell the truth. Silence in such a situation will
harm the believers in truth, but not the truth itself.

7. Truth is priceless. It cannot be purchased for a value, nor its worth
evaluated in material terms.

8. Truth saves the deserving people, from whatever danger or evils.

9. Truth cannot be rewritten to suit one's requirements and compulsions.

10. Truth is the voice of the God, in that it wins His ready approval,
though it may not be outwardly visible to or felt by everybody.

Last edited:
What is Truth to One is a Lie to another one.

What is Lie to another one is Truth to another one.

When as long as 'another one' exists Truth is distorted Truthfully.

sb

you got 2 truths - relative and absolute.
Knowledge - should acknowledge both. Then only it is full-knowledge

Once you understand , you understand thoroughly , no need to further understand - that is Knowledge - Ultimate Knowledge.

you got 2 truths - relative and absolute.
Knowledge - should acknowledge both. Then only it is full-knowledge

Once you understand , you understand thoroughly , no need to further understand - that is Knowledge - Ultimate Knowledge.
hi all,
the truth is the base...like mud and pot...mud is the truth... but the
pot made of mud is also truth.........the thread is truth...but the
cloth made of thread also truth........ little confusing..

regards
tbs:juggle:

vadama muthi vaishanavam poi thiruppiyum katthua adicchu vadama aiytamathiri thonnuthu.

Ellam avan seyal

Shri pannvlan, the world is made of of relative perceptions and truth is no exception...
hi sesh sir,
namaskarams... the TRUTH HAS 6 PRAMANAS BASED ON ADVAITHA
VEDANTA.. they are pratyksha/anumana/upamana/aagama/arthapathi/
aunupalabdhi based on vedanta paribhasha..

regards
tbs:popcorn:

One more Pramana - most important one - Shruti Pramana

The character of the truth does not get affected by the qualities of the person who seeks to probe or acquire it. Hence, the individual perceptions like relative and absolute depend on the person concerned. But,truth remains as absolute as ever.

As Lord Krishna said in Gita:

Everything is in me, but I do not reside in anything.

To illustrate this further, when seen collectively, the entire Indian Ocean can be called as such. But, a small drop of water or a cup of water taken out of Indian Ocean cannot by itself become Indian Ocean.

In the words of Mahaperiyaval, even after taking infinity out of infinity, it remains as infinity only. It is beyond human comprehension how it could be, because we tend to think that anything minus the same thing is zero. That is our limitation.

The character of the truth does not get affected by the qualities of the person who seeks to probe or acquire it. Hence, the individual perceptions like relative and absolute depend on the person concerned. But,truth remains as absolute as ever.
It is because we see and define things that the concept of truth has come about. Change is the only thing constant in this world, so maybe change is the eternal truth? But then, it is not constant... and what is not constant cannot be universal...

To illustrate this further, when seen collectively, the entire Indian Ocean can be called as such. But, a small drop of water or a cup of water taken out of Indian Ocean cannot by itself become Indian Ocean.
Here again, relativity comes into play based on our perception, that is why we term them differently...

In the words of Mahaperiyaval, even after taking infinity out of infinity, it remains as infinity only. It is beyond human comprehension how it could be, because we tend to think that anything minus the same thing is zero. That is our limitation
This is similar to Isopanishad => Out of poornam, even if we take poornam, what remains is still poornam... difficult to explain in mathematical terms.... but if you think in terms of human reproduction, it could be a lead... I think this could simply explain evolution in its entirety...

Nachhi!
you mean , without this text, we wouldn't have the concept of "0". That's interesting.

Let's wait for the paper.

But to me, I see "0" in many heads

Regards

There is a derivation:

If x^n = x^m, then n=m. This would hold good if you substitute x for any number.

Eg. if 2^n = 2^m, then obviously n must be equal to m. This can easily be proved.

So, by extending this logic, if 1^3 = 1^4, then 3=4!!! this could be extended to prove any number is equal to any other number. So, here zero is equal to infinity (1^0 = 1^inf = 1)

I have read this somewhere during my school days... but just cant believe it... there must be some hitch somewhere...

Any mathematician who could explain this?

>>Everything is in me, but I do not reside in anything.<<

Shri pannvalan,in my observation,i have noticed,that to quote a verse here and there,is totally out of context.When we read the Bhagavath Gita,in its entirety,then we form an opinion,on its entirety.According to me,Bhagavan,thoonilum irruppar-thurumbillum irruppar.Is the essence.Thats why,despite Duryodhana getting the massive military might of Lord Krishna,did finally lose to Yudhistrar,as Bhagavan Krishna was with Pandavas,as Partha Sarathy,guiding them.

:) sb :)

Look malgova, if this is a joke, then I dont get it...

I was serious about the theory.

If you can throw some light on the equation, then do so, otherwise I dont see any point in your questions... such kind of discussions would only lead to a bruised ego and a damp atmosphere...

Thanks

shunya

Shri Seshadri and M M

Shoonya Vaadam.The enlightened masters wrote lots of things about lots of subjects.They could guide and discuss everything under the Navagrahas.But its science,which is bringing,it to reality.In the scientific community,its westerners,who are churning out inventions & discoveries,left right and center.

As a kid,when i saw pictures or dieties of Navagrahas,i really thought,beings like them existed and controlled our welfare.

When Neil Armstrong landed and when i saw NASA pictures,there was not an iota of any resemblance,what our ancients told us.I was angry,becoz i fooled myself.

But,now,i am able to understand,how these icons came into play and what exactly they signify,in a very subtle form.To me,Americans,are extremely hard working lot as well as practical lot.But all the same,we ought be as Independent as we can be,and learn.

The minute when someone thinks,he knows it all-only downfall from thereoff.

:) sb :)

no, no - why you get me wrong?

Seriously i want to know how 3=4 ...

So I guessed, you said a bit more - so just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back