• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to prepare Vadu Mangai Pickle

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to prepare Vadu Mangai Pickle

Ingredients needed for 2 kgs

1907298_670714376330871_286927187860532519_n.jpg

Vadu mangai (small mangoes) - 2 kg

Salt (crystal salt or rock salt) - 2 cups

Chilli powder - 1/2 cup

Mustard seeds - 2 tsp

Turmeric powder - 1 tsp

Preparation

Wash mangoes well 3-4 times.Trim the long stems.

In a bowl, mix salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder well.

Method

Take a big jar or container, add 1 layer of mangoes, then add a layer of salt + chilli pwd + turmeric pwd mix.
Then again a layer of mangoes and top it with chilli pwd mix. Keep on layering it until all the mangoes are over.
Close it and keep it aside.

Shake well every day.

By the 3 th day, the mangoes would have oozed out lot of water.

Take 2 tsp of mustard seeds and grind it with that water and add it back to the mango pickle.

It is ready for use after 10 days but do not forget to mix well everyday.

The longer the mangoes get soaked, the tastier they will become. Mine was perfect and tasted great.

Note-
I use only rock salt for all my pickles as it is free of the additives.

Traditionally, they make this pickle in large quantities and preserve it for a year,
so castor oil is applied on the mangoes before pickling, to prevent it from getting spoiled.

Since it is only 2 kg mangoes, no need to apply Castor oil

Source: Ananthanarayanan Ramaswamy

hi sir,

in vadu mango pickle.. i like the stem of the tender mango..its very tasty....yummy yummy too...its alled tender mango pickle too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back