• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Guardian angels for senior citzens

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are not courageous all the time . the best of us are afraid of the unknown and what will happen to us in our evening years.
the unknown is a constant challenge and is a part of living.
many specially senior citizen have developed the habit of talking to themselves to overcome the fear of what future holds for them. most might think , there goes the oldie who talks to himself on the roads . many might think, this guy has gone crazy.
Actually this is good. talk to oneself . this might actually give you the power and generate an inner force that will help cope and overcome the problems of old age and its insecurities. you will also reason out the way to surmount the obstacles that need to be surmounted,
we learn lessons from defeats in our life and prepare ourselves also for victories that will be part our balance life
I also talk to myself when i am alone. know all ,you are never alone when you do this . there are many guardian angels who are listening to us and helping us to reflect .
There are many such angels [ not ladies alone -not gender specific] even in his forum who keep listening and they will come out at appropriate time and take us out of our miseries.
How do you like this post .? these are ramblings of a self talking senior citizen on a sunday morning

Dear Krish Sir,
I have seen many elderly men talking to themselves while walking on the roads of Sing. Chennai! :kev:

BTW have you noticed that most of the ideas that wander in our minds is like talking to oneself! 'Should I go to bank today?';

'What should I wear today?'; 'Is it necessary to finalize the trip?' and so on........... But talking aloud to oneself looks funny

and people around will consider that person as a fittest one to go to Kilpauk! :crazy: . . . :der:

Dear Krish Sir,
I have seen many elderly men talking to themselves while walking on the roads of Sing. Chennai! :kev:

BTW have you noticed that most of the ideas that wander in our minds is like talking to oneself! 'Should I go to bank today?';

'What should I wear today?'; 'Is it necessary to finalize the trip?' and so on........... But talking aloud to oneself looks funny

and people around will consider that person as a fittest one to go to Kilpauk! :crazy: . . . :der:
madam ,
delhi is no different . i see a lot of oldies talk to themselves when they go for morning walks.
It is a social phenomenon. This needs addressing

they require angels who will hold their hands and listen to their woes.

some active ladies like you might think how to organise the days activities ,planning trips or choice of costumes etc.

It might be a good idea for these helpless souls that there are imaginary angels who will applaud their little moves to become self sufficient and cope with problems associated with age.

many who do this self talking are well off middle class ,poverty is hardly the reason . it is just the fear of coping with the unknown.
self talking is an escape mechanism . if they imagine that there are some pretty angels in tune with their thoughts ,they can cheer up.
not a crazy idea really

Dear Krish Sir,

Those who do NOT build good relationship with friends and relatives always have this type of problem. There are many senior citizens

in my family who have good set of friends. Relatives do not live near by and hence only phone calls are possible. My sister-in-law

wishes that all the members in our family living in Sing Chennai should meet once in a month but this is still a dream come true!

Dear Krish Sir,

Those who do NOT build good relationship with friends and relatives always have this type of problem. There are many senior citizens

in my family who have good set of friends. Relatives do not live near by and hence only phone calls are possible. My sister-in-law

wishes that all the members in our family living in Sing Chennai should meet once in a month but this is still a dream come true!
Dear RRji
Get together of relatives - have you wondered how many really want it .

When people go thru life they keep collecting skeletons by their misdeeds and at the end of it , they probably would like to hide from many relatives,

so they try going to temples and have a selective amnesia.

I have seen in many good events such as family marriage etc many relatives rake up the past to remind what they did and what others did not . same happens in get together with relatives .

They remind each other what was done to them to elicit some sympathy or what they did to help others which people have forgotten now.

most relatives senior citizen live in the past and recite their woes in get together . very few let themselves go and enjoy fully .

friends of course ,it is a bit different. as age progresses many drop out or pass away and get togethers become head counts of those alive and who is at what stage of terminal illness .

also get discussed are how many have been thrown out by children and how many are on the roads

so many times it is worthwhile to have angels even illusory . atleast it is a pretty thought .
of course what I am suggesting is for the really old bordering on senility .

other younger senior citizens should live it up and think of new conquests .lol

Last edited:
Dear Krish Sir,

Now a days with Bluetooth headsets, even younger people seems to be talking to themselves.

madam ,
delhi is no different . i see a lot of oldies talk to themselves when they go for morning walks.
It is a social phenomenon. This needs addressing

they require angels who will hold their hands and listen to their woes.

some active ladies like you might think how to organise the days activities ,planning trips or choice of costumes etc.

It might be a good idea for these helpless souls that there are imaginary angels who will applaud their little moves to become self sufficient and cope with problems associated with age.

many who do this self talking are well off middle class ,poverty is hardly the reason . it is just the fear of coping with the unknown.
self talking is an escape mechanism . if they imagine that there are some pretty angels in tune with their thoughts ,they can cheer up.
not a crazy idea really

Have seen the Iphones you can talk to SIRI and she would answer you intelligently. She may be a digital voice, and not a n angel.

krish Sir

I would rate Raji Madam and renukaji as the Angels of this Forum; Time and again they have come out with practical advice to me on matters concerning my personal life!!

Although i have never seen them personally, they go out to pour their Best Advice as if they are teaching a kinder garden kid!!

Hats off to them for being different and being real counselors!!

1897663_624574757656881_6332584590052183558_n.jpg

Last edited:
Now a days with Bluetooth headsets, even younger people seems to be talking to themselves.
Dear Prasad Sir,

When I was in Boston, my son was murmuring something and walked near me! (He has a habit of walking whenever and

wherever possible)! I thought he was asking for one more cup of coffee and asked him, 'Full or half?' He signaled to me to

keep quiet and then only I noticed that small device clinging on to his ear! Yes! He was on a conference call! :blah:

Modern devices have made the humans more inhumane. May be we can start a separate thread and discuss! :blabla:

The worst enemies are mobile phones - different kinds. No one is interested in the people who are near them and wish to

talk to some dear one (sweetie - most of the time) far away, like non-stop nonsense! "kuLichchiyAdA? enna tiffin sAppitE?

ippO engadA irukkE?" are the oft repeated silly questions. Most of the youngsters have a hostile look to others and never

try to smile! If no one it there to talk to, then film music will replace the non stop inflow into their ears! :music:

Once I scolded at a guy who went on konjifying his sweetheart - not married yet, I guess - till past midnight, during a bus

journey from Bangalore! I was surprised to note that no other passenger felt that he was a nuisance to the public! :der:

returning to the subject of angels , there is a male angel in this forum offering to host get togethers for people in this forum and also giving open invitation to call on him in chennai.Another lady has offered to book accomodation in a good retirement home she is staying in for members of this forum so that they can enjoy the different experience.[ By the way ,I immediately accepted the offer and intend staying for a couple of days in may there. I am just curious ]. of course , pJ sir , the ladies you have referred to , -they have been angels all along. only we have only not recognised them. they have exhibited warmth all the time. it is a pleasure to engage with them in this forum . they way they reach out and engage with people is very endearing

mobiles too contribute to this affliction. many are in a one way or two way conversation. but it is relatively easy to find out. if the 'talk' is followed by a fluid expressive face and gestures, mobile is in the picture. a dead pan face and mumble is definitely self talk.

Dear Krish Sir,

Modern devices have made the humans more inhumane. May be we can start a separate thread and discuss! :blabla:

The worst enemies are mobile phones - different kinds. No one is interested in the people who are near them and wish to

talk to some dear one (sweetie - most of the time) far away, like non-stop nonsense! "kuLichchiyAdA? enna tiffin sAppitE?

ippO engadA irukkE?" are the oft repeated silly questions. Most of the youngsters have a hostile look to others and never

try to smile! If no one it there to talk to, then film music will replace the non stop inflow into their ears! :music:

Once I scolded at a guy who went on konjifying his sweetheart - not married yet, I guess - till past midnight, during a bus

journey from Bangalore! I was surprised to note that no other passenger felt that he was a nuisance to the public! :der:
RRji
Most youngsters and middle aged use mobiles -hands free in public places -while walking , travelling in buses, trains, driving bikes and cars. only I wish it is not loud. There is the safety aspect for themselves and others around besides the nuisance value . when they disturb music concerts or cinema viewing , it spoils the atmosphere . many times I wonder is it all neceesary . we managed pretty well without these all our lives.In fact I never took any calls after 9 pm or before 6 am even when it happens to be official . I do not allow its intrusion in home life. Even directors of my company got their calls rejected by my wife since they violated my curfew hours.

Sorry for deviating from the topic, Krish Sir. Most of the time, it happens! :)
:focus:
Angels exist everywhere and one has to spot them. But how to find out who needs these :angel: s?

Now, the questions that arise in my mind are these!

1. Will the seniors with internet facility need guardian angel (
G A )?

2. How will persons in need of G A contact them?

3. Will the G As open offices to cheer up the depressed elders?

Krish sir

There are other angels in this Forum

Prasadji- Frank on any subject

sangom Sir - Probably the Critic of this Forum..

tbs Sir..... Like a Moderator... goes without hurting anyone

Kunjuppu Sir ... knows most of the subject

Dr. C NARAYANI.... Sees Goodness in every thing

Krish Sir.. Keeps humor and never hurts

vgane Sir.. Eager and growing in all fields

Praeen Sir... Perfect Administrator

Sorry for deviating from the topic, Krish Sir. Most of the time, it happens! :)
:focus:
Angels exist everywhere and one has to spot them. But how to find out who needs these :angel: s?

Now, the questions that arise in my mind are these!

1. Will the seniors with internet facility need guardian angel (
G A )?

2. How will persons in need of G A contact them?

3. Will the G As open offices to cheer up the depressed elders

Last edited:
RRji
those who need angels will immediately spot angels. they require no encouragement
but angels may find it difficult to spot those who need them and to decide they actually need them or taking them for a ride.
1.. internet facility is just an aid to give information. to sift and decide what to hold on to and what to reject requires maturity and innate wisdom. some with practical wisdom and realising constraints many face can give meaningful inputs .it is a kind of hand holding which reassures many times .the mentally weak senior citizen is sometimes unable to decide whether to take the option and jump into the fire or stay in the frying pan .when there are more than one alternative it becomes difficult to choose the better one
2. GAs need not contact those who need them . they will automatically in case of need contact GAs depending on desperation.
3I shall post separately on care givers. I have some views . I am having a short break .pl excuse for 10 minutes.

Last edited:
RRji
Regarding caregivers-miny of social justice-thru sahyogi scheme trains volunteers picked from various backgrounds free and gives 25 days free training on caring for people requiring assisted living.the training covers basic info. on assisted living,treating persons with dignity and importance of human touch.. these are given rs 200 a day for their services.care givers after training are given to people who need them.
it is seen that these do not stay long in this activity .as it involves dedication ,willingness to serve and high level of energy. sometimes they get treated like domestic help and they run away for greener pastures. upto 300 have been trained but few remain in the profession . there are no takers for intensive course of 3 months duration. lol.

Krish sir

There are other angels in this Forum

Prasadji- Frank on any subject

sangom Sir - Probably the Critic of this Forum..

tbs Sir..... Like a Moderator... goes without hurting anyone

Kunjuppu Sir ... knows most of the subject

Dr. C NARAYANI.... Sees Goodness in every thing

Krish Sir.. Keeps humor and never hurts

vgane Sir.. Eager and growing in all fields

Praeen Sir... Perfect Administrator
Boss ,some of us are not angels we are looking for angels . I think there is a bit of mix up.lol

Dear Krish Sir,

What I meant by internet facility is that gives opportunity to keep in touch with our near and dear ones.

Skype, Google video chats enable us to see them and talk to them. I did not mean surfing on danger sites! :lol:

Rs. 200 a day is not affordable to even upper middle class people! They would prefer soliloquy! :blabla:

In olden days, when king finds a grey hair near his ears, he is supposed to crown the prince and go away for his vAnaprasthA. :pray2:

The ascetic (characterized by severe self-discipline and abstention from all forms of indulgence, typically for religious reasons) life

will enable them conquer their desires and aim to attain salvation. I think we should start preparing for such a life, once we celebrate

our 'maNi vizhA'!

Thiruvalluvar gives the easiest solution by:

மழித்தலும் நீட்டலும் வேண்டா உலகம்
பழித்தது ஒழித்து விடின். - kuraL 280.

(mazhiththalum neettalum vEndA ulagam
pazhiththadhu ozhiththu vidin)

which means that there is no need to shave the head or grow a beard, IF one abstains from the activities that the world shuns!

P.S: illaRaththil thuRavaRam is very much possible by moderate living and if followed, there is no need for a GA!! :cool:

In olden days, when king finds a grey hair near his ears, he is supposed to crown the prince and go away for his vAnaprasthA. :pray2:

The ascetic (characterized by severe self-discipline and abstention from all forms of indulgence, typically for religious reasons) life

will enable them conquer their desires and aim to attain salvation. I think we should start preparing for such a life, once we celebrate

our 'maNi vizhA'!

Thiruvalluvar gives the easiest solution by:

மழித்தலும் நீட்டலும் வேண்டா உலகம்
பழித்தது ஒழித்து விடின். - kuraL 280.

(mazhiththalum neettalum vEndA ulagam
pazhiththadhu ozhiththu vidin)

which means that there is no need to shave the head or grow a beard, IF one abstains from the activities that the world shuns!

P.S: illaRaththil thuRavaRam is very much possible by moderate living and if followed, there is no need for a GA!! :cool:
frankly , I believe in living my life to the fullest until my last breathe , and see what all life has to offer -good and the bad . renunciation of any sort is not in my grain.

extremism, stretching our unknown limits of strength,muscle and money power appeals to me. as I grow with age my I take more risks ,gamble more with life and trust Iwill not drop out. I want a full life .
I refuse to be a vegetable. no saffron or shunning the world . the best way to fight temptation is to yield to it .

desire s are there to be fulfilled. If money is required ,we will earn it . If muscle power is wanted , we will try building them to the extent we can or bluff about it to get away.

we will see more of the world . we shall explore more avenues for work and rewards .in case we have to take risk we will take the risk . if the option is to do or abstain ,we shall do.

If anything finally gives way ,we will search for the elusive GA.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back