• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Japa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mantra Japam

Please refer to Mahanivarana tantra by Arthur avalon wherein you can understand how to do japa with mantra. This is an excellent work by a kind human being, through whom we may be able to do proper japa.
if you need a soft copy of the same, you may get in touch with me at [email protected]

This is a good article on Japa.

http://www.dlshq.org/teachings/japayoga.htm

What you do before and after Japa depends on the sampradhaya/tradition. Sankalpa and various kinds of Nyasas precede Japa. After the Japa Nyasa and a small prayer to the Lord for his grace.

In your particular case I would suggest a small prayer to the Lord before and after the Japa.

Namaste all,

After my puja, I perform japa. I was just wondering if there's anything I should say before and after the japa session? For instance:

Harih Om (out loud)
Mantra 108 times (mentally)
Aum Shantih, Shantih, Shantih (out loud)

Or, do I just do the japa with nothing before or after it?

Thanks,

Justin
hi justin
please check a book called JAPA VIDHANAM either from sri ramakrishna
mutt book store/ giri traders... it will help u...may be u can try in
amazon.com,,,

regards
tbs

There was a beautiful article in Bhavan's Journal... long time ago...

The main Japa is the important thing... suggest that pranayama be done before Japa... this is to calm the wavering mind through steady breathing... some say that the right and left nadis are purified...

Once breathing is steady and composed, concentration would be a bit easy... having a ishta devatha is also good for the performance of Japa... and this ishta devatha should not be switched often...

The Japa could end with a prayer, recited aloud, in praise of the ishta devatha...

Regards

'So' while breathing in 'ham' while breathing out.There will be a gap,between breathing in and breathing out,for a moment ' kshana '.Capitalise on this three during your life.This itself is japa.Lord Shiva Says this to Devi Parvathi,in his Shiva Sutras.

sb

'So' while breathing in 'ham' while breathing out.There will be a gap,between breathing in and breathing out,for a moment ' kshana '.Capitalise on this three during your life.This itself is japa.Lord Shiva Says this to Devi Parvathi,in his Shiva Sutras.

sb

The moment during when we hold the breath is when the prana-shakthi gets infused throughout the body...

In Nyasa dhyanam, it is the prana which one concentrates on, in various parts of the body...

Tratak is another method to achieve concentration...

In essence, concentration is the key to realization or siddhi...

Yes.I agree with you S S.Thanks for strengthening this basic concept for me :)

sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back