• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rava Ladu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rava Ladu

8174318730_1be64de591_z.jpg

Rava Ladoo-Rava Laddu Recipe-Diwali Sweets Recipe

Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes 12 rava ladoos
Recipe adapted from: Vahchef

Ingredients for Rava Ladoo:
1 cup of rava / sooji / semolina, the fine kind
2 tbsp of ghee (how to make ghee at home)
A handful of raisins and cashew nuts
1/2 cup of grated coconut
1/4 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of milk
A generous pinch of cardamom powder

How to Make Rava Ladoo (Rava Laddu):

1. Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cashew nuts and raisins. IMP - keep the flame low throughout the process of making rava ladoo.

2. Grind the coconut and cardamom together. This is an optional step but I did it since my grated coconut was very coarse and I was worried it won't be easy to make the ladoos into balls.

Add the coconut-cardamom mixture to the roasting nuts and raisins.

3. Mix ones and add the rava next.

5. Fry this mixture for 2-3 mins and then add the sugar. Since my sugar was very fine, I didn't powder it but you can do so if you wish.

6. Continue to roast the rava mixture until the colour changes to a light brown. Don't let it sit and walk away or the rava will start toasting and turning a golden brown on one side. The process of roasting the rava took me about 5-6 mins. Once the rava is browned lightly, turn off the flame and slowly add the milk, stirring continuously as you do so. If you are a food blogger, it's ok to stop mixing and take a quick shot before you continue, but don't let it be for too long.

Once all the milk is added, continue to mix until the ladoo mixture comes together. It will be quite moist and will stick around your ladle.

7. When the ladoo mixture is warm enough to handle, make into lemon-sized balls and gently set aside. If the mixture is too dry, sprinkle water or milk as you shape the ladoos.

Done! As I said, the entire process of making rava laddu took me no longer than 20 minutes and I got 12 medium-sized ladoos from this quantity.

Notes:

- you can add more coconut if you wish, up to 1 cup

- instead of using milk, you can use water or a mix of water and milk. If using only water, that will increase the shelf life of the rava ladoo.

- adjust sugar to your preference. This measure gives you a mildly sweet rava ladoo.

- this recipe gives you soft ladoos. If you prefer the firmer ones, decrease the amount of milk / water.

Rava Ladoo-Rava Laddu Recipe-Diwali Sweets Recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back