• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Idli Finger Fries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idly Finger Fries

Very Tasty with Left over Idlies'

We used to prepare this for evening Snack

fried-idli-recipe9.jpg

Basic Information
Prep Time: Under 15 min
Cook Time: Under 15 min
Serves: 4 people
Yield: I used 4 idlis and got around 30 pieces.

Ingredients

Method

Slice the Idlis into thin fingers. I usually get around 7-8 fingers from one idli but it would depend on the size of your idlis.

fried-idli-recipe20.jpg

Heat some oil for deep frying in a pan. Drop them when the oil is hot. You need it to be med-high heat.

fried-idli-recipe3.jpg

Turn them in about 1 minute when it turns reddish brown.

fried-idli-recipe1.jpg

Remove when its golden all around.

fried-idli-recipe2.jpg

Drain excess oil on paper towels. If fried right, you would hardly see any oil in the paper. Sprinkle some chilli powder, garam masala or idli chutney powder or any other seasoning you like. We like it plain and hence I don't add any.

fried-idli-recipe4.jpg

Serve warm with any accompaniment of your choice.

Idli Finger Fries Recipe | South Indian Fried Idly with Leftovers | Chef In You

We need not make mini idlis for frying! Cool......

But, my cousin bro used to fry the whole idly and enjoy the huge golden brown fry!! :hungry:

In the interest of our good health, it is better to prefer food items prepared with off baking, roasting, grilling or steaming. Deep fried items like this one can be taken only once in a blue moon.

We need not make mini idlis for frying! Cool......

But, my cousin bro used to fry the whole idly and enjoy the huge golden brown fry!! :hungry:

Raji Madam

Mini idlies are not used here, only normal idlies are cut into pieces and fried!

If the whole Idly is fried, it may not be fried fully , My wife used to cut it in even into smaller pieces and fry it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back