• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Flappy Bird addicts, rejoice! Don Nguyen is “considering” to bring back Flappy Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]Flappy Bird addicts, rejoice! Don Nguyen is “considering” to bring back Flappy Bird[/h]

flappy-bird-screenshots_610x350.jpg

Flappy Bird was a really addictive and frustrating game , one that climbed from the bottom to the top of the charts of the App Store and the Play store.

But then, something terrible happened. The game’s creator, Don Nguyen, pulled off the game out of both stores giving no other reason whatsoever than the fact that the game was too addictive and the popularity was intruding into his simple life.

He was receiving death threats and rumors were floating about him being sued by Nintendo, cause the graphics in his game looked curiously, peculiarly similar to the ones used in Nintendo’s Super Mario franchise.

Since then, the app stores have been littered with countless clones which only grew in number. So much that Google and Apple actually had to stop further Apps with the name ‘Flappy’ coming in.

But in an interview with the Rolling Stones, he has let it slip out that he is considering to bring back the game.

In the interview, he mentioned that he felt relieved after removing the game, “Relief. I can’t go back to my life before, but I’m good now.”

He also said that the decision to remove the game wasn’t just for his own well being but also for the players. They were playing it WAY too much. “At first I thought they were just joking”, he said, “But I realize they really hurt themselves.”.

So he says he is thinking about bringing back the game but it won’t have anything new, except for a warning to “please take a break”.

He is also working on two new games: Kitty Jetpack and an action Chess (How?) game called Checkonaut which will hit the app stores later this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back