• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

More kali/More koozh Very Tasty and Easy to Make ( Buttermilk Uppuma)

Status
Not open for further replies.

More Kali or More Koozh is a very old traditional recipe I found in Meenakshi Ammal's 'cook and see' book. It is made with rice flour and buttermilk(slightly sour).To enhance the taste and add some spice to it some More milagai(chillies)are added.It is really fast and easy to make.

More milagai is nothing but sun-dried Red chillies soaked in sour buttermilk and salt.It is available in all the south Indian supermarkets.When you fry it in oil it becomes crisp and is a great accompaniment for curd rice.

You will Need

• One cup Raw rice flour
  • One cup Buttermilk
  • Salt to taste
  • Few Curry leaves
  • 6-7 More milagai or Red Chillies
  • A pinch of Asafoetida
  • 2tbs of Gingelly oil
  • One tsp of Mustard seeds
  • One tsp of Urad dal

How to

• Whisk rice flour,salt and buttermilk into a smooth batter in a pouring consistency(add about two cups of water to the buttermilk).Grease a flat tray or plate with gingelly oil and keep it aside.

Heat gingelly oil in a non stick pan and crackle mustard seeds,add urad dal,chillies(red or more milagai),few curry leaves and asafoetida.Fry the chillies till it is dark brown in colour.

• Slowly pour in the rice flour mixture and keep stirring continously to avoid lumps.

• Keep stirring till a large lump is formed and till the mixture is thick.

• Pour it over the greased plate and level it with a smooth surface like a butter paper or banana leaf.

Let it cool down for 15 minutes and cut into desired shapes or take it as it is.

Jaya's recipes: More kali/More koozh

More Kali or More Koozh is a very old traditional recipe I found in Meenakshi Ammal's 'cook and see' book. It is made with rice flour and buttermilk(slightly sour).To enhance the taste and add some spice to it some More milagai(chillies)are added.It is really fast and easy to make.

More milagai is nothing but sun-dried Red chillies soaked in sour buttermilk and salt.It is available in all the south Indian supermarkets.When you fry it in oil it becomes crisp and is a great accompaniment for curd rice.

You will Need

• One cup Raw rice flour
  • One cup Buttermilk
  • Salt to taste
  • Few Curry leaves
  • 6-7 More milagai or Red Chillies
  • A pinch of Asafoetida
  • 2tbs of Gingelly oil
  • One tsp of Mustard seeds
  • One tsp of Urad dal

How to

• Whisk rice flour,salt and buttermilk into a smooth batter in a pouring consistency(add about two cups of water to the buttermilk).Grease a flat tray or plate with gingelly oil and keep it aside.

Heat gingelly oil in a non stick pan and crackle mustard seeds,add urad dal,chillies(red or more milagai),few curry leaves and asafoetida.Fry the chillies till it is dark brown in colour.

• Slowly pour in the rice flour mixture and keep stirring continously to avoid lumps.

• Keep stirring till a large lump is formed and till the mixture is thick.

• Pour it over the greased plate and level it with a smooth surface like a butter paper or banana leaf.

Let it cool down for 15 minutes and cut into desired shapes or take it as it is.

Looks yummy. Please post more such recipes!

krish Sir

It is good for those who observe Viratham; easy preparation and harmless.

My old Aunt used to take it after some Ekadasi Viratham, i used to taste it with her in those days.

Occasionally i ask my wife to prepare for evening snack.

krish Sir

It is good for those who observe Viratham; easy preparation and harmless.

My old Aunt used to take it after some Ekadasi Viratham, i used to taste it with her in those days.

Occasionally i ask my wife to prepare for evening snack.
PJ sir
I was only joking. My mother used to make morkali.I have memories of taking it in my childhood.thanks for reviving my memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back