• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Amman Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Prof. M S K Sir. Somehow, those links do not work now.

But anyone interested can search for the song on youtube and listen to it! :music:

sare jahan se acchha -------------- is kapi, nice to know (Charulatha Mani youtube on kapi above)

Theeradha vilaiyattu pillai is ragamalikai, will paste the link ( i am getting the movie on the same NOW!)

vaishnava janatho.... tryng to figure out what ragam this is..

wow! this video contains the perfect combination of dawn (creativity) sea shore (tranquility) and instrumental music.

Thank you. Kapi is a Bashanga raga of Karaharapriya Janyam. Antara Gandhara and Kakali Nishadam are anya swaras. I would like to know how the prases are formed with the swaras. Eg.SNNP is kakali nishadam. But MNP can be either. So, I would like to know how to know where to use kakali ni and where Kaisiki N. For eg. if we take Bilahari, a bhashanga raga, there is a definite rule that the phrase PDN has kaisiki Nishadam. Like, this,I would like to the rules for Kapi ragam .
Once again my humble thanks to Smt.Raji Ram,

Please check RAgam thAnam pallavi thread for answers regarding KApi rAgam.

I have given the important phrases and how to form them. It will continue........ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back