• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Lemon rice | lemon rice recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemon rice is a simple recipe

8378347607_15dab0573c_z.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
COOKED RICE(RAW RICE)1/2 CUP
LEMON JUICE1 TBLSP
GREEN CHILLI2
GINGER(grated)1/2 TBLSP
SALTAS NEEDED
OIL3/4 TBLSP
MUSTARD SEEDS1/4 TSP
CHANNA DAL1 TSP
URAD DAL1 TSP
PEANUTS1 TBLSP
CASHEWNUTS1 TSP(OPTIONAL)
ROASTED GRAM1/2 TBLSP
TURMERIC POWDER1/4 TSP
CURRY LEAVESFEW
SALTAS NEEDED

METHOD:

• Cook the rice into separate grains and allow it to cool completely by spreading it in a wide plate.Add salt to this. In a pan, add chopped green chilli,ginger, urad dal, channa dal ,roasted gram and cashew nuts. Keep it in a low flame and let the dals get golden brown color.

• Add the mustard seeds now and when it crackles add the turmeric powder. Switch off the flame and add it to rice.

• Add lemon juice and mix well. check for salt. Serve with papad, vadam or with Mor kuzhambhu

NOTE:

1. I used sona masoori rice, you can even use basmathi rice.
  2. The quantity of lemon juice depends on the tanginess of the juice and according to your taste buds too.
  3. You can add grated carrots in the last to make it healthier.

Jeyashri's Kitchen: LEMON RICE | LEMON RICE RECIPE

Thanks for the recipe. I usually make it with either cashew or peanuts not both and never with more kuzhambu. Usually make beans paruppu usili (my fav way of eating beans) for more kuzhambu (majigga pulusu as we call it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back