• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Another Interesting Legend.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malgova.mango

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Some of us who perform Sandhyavandanam may not be aware of this legend , about the sloka – saluting the Narmada and rembering Rishis Jarathkaro and Asthika.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]It was during the time of Yagnaya by King Janamejaya. I assume you might have heard about King Parikshid after his demise by a serpent. His son, King Janamejaya did a big “Sarpa Yaga”. In this ritual spell bound by the mantras one sarpa will fall into the ritual - fire for one Svaha oblation. Like -wise many serpents have been offered. Seeing the plight of his subjects the Naga King asked the elders for solutions. Then the elders told this story of a Rishi - “Jarathkaro”. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Rishi Jarathkaro was more interested in penance than to leave a life of householder. But his parents wanted to get him married and to repay the kindness of fore-fathers. To dodge he told his parents he will marry only a woman from naga loka , and that too she should have same name like him. They reluctantly accepted. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]One day he happened to visit Naga Loka, there he heard somebody called his name to his surprise a serpent girl responded to the call. On further enquiries he learned the woman name is also called “Jarathkaru” similar to his name. That reminded of his promise to his parents. So he asked the girl whether he could marry him and also set one condition that he will oblige to her wishes till a son was born after which he will not tolerate any difference of opinion that may arise after and he would leave at once. She agreed to that.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The son born to them was named “Asthika” and true to his word one day because of difference of opinion he left household for penance leaving his son under the care of his serpent wife. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Naga King requested “Asthika” to ask the King Janmeja to stop the yagya and protect the serpents. Asthika went to the King and asked to stop the Yagya assuring that serpents will not bite and will leave the place habituted by people to distant places. The serpent king and the serpents also obliged to keep the promise by hitting there heads on the ground three times. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]By reciting this sloka we are reminded of the Rishi- Asthika's and the serpent's promise that serpents and other poisonous insects will not attack the humans without provocation. In this particular prayer we seek protection form poisonous bites to the deity Narmada.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Courtesy – My Father in Law.[/FONT]

Shri Malgova.mango ji, I remember reading somewhere the Narmada shloka you refer to is specific to vadama sandhyavandanam. Along with Narmada, Astika is supplicated for the same purpose as well(astika satyasandho, mam pannagebhyo abhirakshatu).

Dear Shri Kaivalyam,

I've seen this prayer appearing in Rig and Yajur Shaka at the end of "Digdevata Vandanam".

Yes I agree with you on the supplication.

How is the legend?

Thanks & Regards

malgova.mango

How is the legend?

The version of the legend I had heard is slightly different. In this version, it is Vasuki who pleads with the sage to marry his sister after he hears that the son born to his sister of someone who shares her name will save his race from extinction. The sage is interested in tapasya and isn't interested. After being persuaded for a long time, he puts an escape clause in there that will allow him to walk away if he is displeased even in the slightest. They live happily for sometime till one day, Jaratkaru, finding her husband sleeping at sunset and concerned that he might incur a fault by missing his sandhya duties, wakes him up. The sage is not happy and he tells her that the sun can never set on a Rishi who has been true in his duties all his life. He invokes the clause that allows him to leave. Jarakaru asks about the future of her race and the Rishi tells her that she will bear a son with all the good qualities befitting a Rishi's offspring and he will save their race. Astika was born.

Dear Shri Kaivalyam,

You could be more right.

Thanks

malgova.mango

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]My tryst with Puranas[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]For most of us, our elders introduce our native culture through the narration of the stories in the Puranas and Itihasas. My Grandfather, used to tell us a lot of stories about Krishna, he will tell how Krishna is fond of “Seedai” “Appam” etc... I've forgotten many details about those stories. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]When I grew up , I couldn't assimilate certain details in the stories, One such story is about “Shiva Ratri Mahima” . [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In that story there was a Hunter in a forest, who on a particular evening of “Maha Shivaratri “ was chased by a beast. He in panick climbed the Vilva tree, and found a place in one of the branch. The beast, was waiting for him down below.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Left with no option he was resting there, The Lord in the form of Linga was there down the tree, during the first watch of the night, by his climbing of the tree , some vilva leaves , and the water due to some previous spell of rain fell on the Lord's Head. During the second watch some more leaves and water felled when he tried to adjust himself in the branch. Like wise all the four watches of nights passed with the hunter accidently conscreated the Lord with water and the leaves .[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Hunter didn't eat , drink as he didn't have anything and also didn't sleep fearing the beast for the whole night.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Thus the hunter unwittingly accumalated the merit of observing the fast of “Maha Shivarathri”. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif].....................................................................................................................................[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]After some years , I read this book “The Vedas” where MahaPeriava talks about how he came to terms with details described in Purana, at first he also thought it could be “poppy cock” stories, but in later days he explains how he could assimilate the narrations as said in Purana with many reasonings..... [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Then, one day I thought about the above story “Maha Shivaratri Mahima”, Vilva tree is a very thorny tree, the branches are also not very sturdy, How can a man climb in that type of tree?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I asked this to my spiritual friend , he told me he was running for life , at that pace he just climbed it, and also advised me to take the essence which is the glory of observing fast on that particular night and leave the rest as “Anna Pakshi” .[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I didn't say anything, just kept quiet but was thinking about it now and then, then one day it flashed to me, The story didn't happen at Kali yuga, in fact in which period of time it happened is unknown, it could be in a period where the Vilva tree don't have any thorns and the branches are sturdy enough to accomadate a man. The thorns in the present trees could be due to some genetic mutations or even, if the tree have thorns at that time not so much and may be not so spiky. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Now I could assimilate the story told in the Purana as 100% truth. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]My Father In law used to tell the conflicts of stories may be due to the difference in Manvantras, The same story could have some twists in different Manvantras , this is also an important point to keep in mind when we read Puranas. One Manvantra itself is a huge period of time.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Seers in their seat of concentration, they saw what happened and narrated to us but what period of time they saw who can tell for sure?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"Shruti, Smriti Purananam Aalayam Karunalayam[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Namami Bhagavat Padanjcha Shankram Loka Shankaram”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Regards,[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][/FONT]

How Puranas came to us..

This is my Father In Laws Narration....

After the Kurukshetra war, Dharmaraja ruled the land after him King Parksheet came to the rule, how he was cursed by the Seers Son and how he met his death by a poisonous snake and all you might have known, The next king in line was King Janamejaya , he did one yagya called Nakshatra yagys where oblations are given to a particular Nakshatra at the dawn of the influence of that Nakshatra.

As the 27 Nakshatra dawn at different periods of time, the Rishis conducting the yagya has to stay put for the entire course of yagya. The yagya happened for 27 days.

It was conducted by one of the disciple of Sage Veda Vyasa called Sage Vaishampayana, He in turn having grasped all the slokas of the Puranas by word of mouth from his Guru - Sage Vyasa.

He began to tell the stories of Puranas as he heard from his Guru , using the available time in between oblations.

That's how we got all the 18 Puranas from Sage Vyasa.

It could be recorded in the palmscript at that time itself or much later.

What is clear is there are a particular number of slokas for each Puranas. I'll try to come up with the details on this. Skanda Purana makes much of the volumes in terms of the slokas.

"Shruti, Smriti Purananam Aalayam Karunalayam
Namami Bhagavat Padanjcha Shankram Loka Shankaram”

Regards....

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking about Time.............

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Puranas covers unimaginably long period of time. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 Krita Yuga – 17,28,000 human years[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 Treta Yuga - 12,96,000 human years[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 Dwapara Yuga - 8,64,000 human years[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 Kali Yuga – 4,32,000 human years[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]4 such yugas – Maha Yuga - 4,320,000 years[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1000 such Maha Yuga A day for Bramha – Kalpa, - 4.32 billion years[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]another 1000 such yugas a night for Bramha - Pralaya. - 4.32 billion years[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Likewise 365 Brahma days completes a year for Bramha - 365 x 8.64 billion years[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]and 100 years completes his one life-time. - 100 x 365 x 8.64 billion years[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Like wise many Bramhas came and went , The next Bramha in line is “Anjenya Swami” .[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Just a gist of what time “ is “ in our culture..................[/FONT]

Regards,

"Thalai Suthina , that's normal and expected "

Talking about Time....

Of the 7 Lokas - Bhu :, Bhuva: , Suva: , Maha, Jana:, Tapa: , Satya Lokas

The first three Lokas will disintegrate during the night time of Bramha - this is called "Avantara Pralaya".

During a Kalpa meaning Day time of Lord Bramha - 14 Manus govern the Law and Order of Manushas.

The word Manus - give way to the English word "Man" and Tamil "Manushan" meaning a being who can "Think"

1000 Yugas are divided to 14 Manus - A Manu rules for 71 Yugas called a "Manvantram"

Now the 7th Manu - Vaivasvathan is ruling and he is in the 28th Yuga all this we say in our sankalpas. It is called "Vaivasvatha Manvanthram".

The Lord is nearing the middle of his 50th year.

At the end of his lifetime, nothing will manifest ,everything will dissolve to Brahmam this is called Maha Pralaya.

All this I found in the small book "The Vedas" by Mahaperiava... I used my own words.

In MahaShivapuranam...

A day of Lord Brahma is 1/2 a minute to Lord Maheshwara and the night is another 1/2 a minute.

Many Pralayms and Shristi have came and went.

This Manvantram of Vivasuwan is praised as one with lot of developments and is mentioned as a special one.

I refered all this because, we get carried away by current time, leaving no time for us to reflect on the "Time". The reading of Puranas broadens one's mind, one can discern the infinite nature of time.

It also teaches the responsiblities, in "Time" bad or good karma will ripen to yield the results. There is no escape from our acts we have to face the result in "Time".

For spritual aspirants aspiring to cross the sea of samsara , contemplate on the nature of "Time" with the help of our "Puranas" and make good use of the human body before you loose it.

Regards

The 12 Jyotirlingas (Barah Jyotirlingas)

0603lingam-1.gif
0603lingam-2.gif
1. SOMNATH (GUJARAT)
2. MALLIKARJUNA (ANDHRA PRADESH)

0603lingam-3.gif
0603lingam-4.gif
3. MAHAKALESHWAR (MADHYA PRADESH)
4. OMKARESHWAR / MAMLESHWAR (MADHYA PRADESH)
(contd.)

0603lingam-5.gif
0603lingam-6.gif
5. BAIDYANATH DHAM / VAIDYANATHAM (BIHAR)
6. BHIMASANKARA (MAHARASHTRA)

0603lingam-7.gif
0603lingam-8.gif
7. RAMESHWARAM (TAMIL NADU)
8. NAGANATH / NAGESHWAR (MAHARASHTRA)

0603lingam-9.gif
0603lingam-10.gif
9. VISHWANATH (UTTAR PRADESH)
10. TRYAMBAKESHWAR(MAHARASHTRA)

0603lingam-11.gif
0603lingam-12.gif
11. KEDARNATH (UTTAR PRADESH)
(12) GRINESHWAR (MAHARASHTRA)

Thanks Sri Ramaa!

We, meaning my wife and me opened the post exactly at the Pradosha Kalam on last Saturday. The timing cannot be more sweet.

Thanks a lot once again.

In Shivapurana , there are a lot of interesting stories, one such story is about a king called "Venan" . He is not particularly happy about the "Varnaashrama" Dharma talked in the holy trinity of our scriptures, so he ruled by his whims and fancies rather than following the Vedic Dharma........

This reflects the sentiments shared by some of our forumites.... I request them to read the ShivaMaha Puranam in entirety.

This kind of Adharma is not a new thing, it's all prevalent in the day of yore... History repeats ....

Regards

The slokas in Shivapurana contains - 1,00,000 stanzas, Only 24,000 came to human world the rest are in Deva Loka - So says a note, Shiva Mahapuranam.

"Murthi elllam Vazhi
Engal Mauna Guru Vazhi
Arul Varthai Enrum Vazhi
Anbar Vazhi Paraparame"

--------------------------------Shubha Mangalam------------------------------------

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Some of us who perform Sandhyavandanam may not be aware of this legend , about the sloka – saluting the Narmada and rembering Rishis Jarathkaro and Asthika.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]It was during the time of Yagnaya by King Janamejaya. I assume you might have heard about King Parikshid after his demise by a serpent. His son, King Janamejaya did a big “Sarpa Yaga”. In this ritual spell bound by the mantras one sarpa will fall into the ritual - fire for one Svaha oblation. Like -wise many serpents have been offered. Seeing the plight of his subjects the Naga King asked the elders for solutions. Then the elders told this story of a Rishi - “Jarathkaro”. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Rishi Jarathkaro was more interested in penance than to leave a life of householder. But his parents wanted to get him married and to repay the kindness of fore-fathers. To dodge he told his parents he will marry only a woman from naga loka , and that too she should have same name like him. They reluctantly accepted. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]One day he happened to visit Naga Loka, there he heard somebody called his name to his surprise a serpent girl responded to the call. On further enquiries he learned the woman name is also called “Jarathkaru” similar to his name. That reminded of his promise to his parents. So he asked the girl whether he could marry him and also set one condition that he will oblige to her wishes till a son was born after which he will not tolerate any difference of opinion that may arise after and he would leave at once. She agreed to that.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The son born to them was named “Asthika” and true to his word one day because of difference of opinion he left household for penance leaving his son under the care of his serpent wife. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Naga King requested “Asthika” to ask the King Janmeja to stop the yagya and protect the serpents. Asthika went to the King and asked to stop the Yagya assuring that serpents will not bite and will leave the place habituted by people to distant places. The serpent king and the serpents also obliged to keep the promise by hitting there heads on the ground three times. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]By reciting this sloka we are reminded of the Rishi- Asthika's and the serpent's promise that serpents and other poisonous insects will not attack the humans without provocation. In this particular prayer we seek protection form poisonous bites to the deity Narmada.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Courtesy – My Father in Law.[/FONT]

I have read about this... but the part about Jarathkaru is news to me...

The version which I read has it that Takshakan sought the protection of Indra. But Indra too was drawn to the fire by the power of the mantras and ultimately he withdrew from Takshaka's protection to save himself... at that moment Astika intervened.........

Whether Astika was requested (to stop the yagnya) by the naga king or his mother, I am unclear...

Pandit Sanjay Rath

"Thalai Suthina , that's normal and expected

Shri M M

Pt.Sanjay Rath - Saptarishi Nakshatra

Extracts from Brihat Nakshatra

The saptarishi nakshatra afford a fine way to determine the future of the world and trends in
world affairs. While Chaitra shukla charts have been used for ascertaining the future of
governments, countries and nations, Vedic astrology tools for predicting the future of the world
itself or mankind have been relatively in disuse in the last few centuries.

Natural saptarshi chakra

Saptarshi I Dharma II Artha III Kama IV Moksha
1 Marichi 1 Ashvini 8 Pushya 15 Svati 22 Abhijit
2 Vashishtha 2 Bharani 9 Ashlesha 16 Vishakha 23 Sravana
3 Aïgiras 3 Kritika 10 Magha 17 Anuradha 24 Dhanishtha
4 Atri 4 Rohini 11 P.Phalguni 18 Jyeshtha 25 Satabhisaj
5 Pulastya 5 Mrgasir 12 U.Phalguni 19 Müla 26 Pürva bhadrapada
6 Pulaha 6 Ardra 13 Hasta 20 Pürva Asadha 27 Uttara bhadrapada
7 Kratu 7 Punarvs 14 Chitra 21 Uttara Asadha 28 Revati

As mentioned earlier, reckoned from east to west the saptarsi are Marichi, Vasistha, Aïgiras,
Atri, Pulastya, Pulaha and Kratu indicating that Kratu followed by Pulaha would be the first to
rise. Varahamihira is referring to these two stars in the Great Bear constellation. When any
naksatra (yoga tara) is situated exactly in the middle of the projected longitudes of Pulaha and
Kratu, then it furnishes the exact date for the commencement of the Astrological Century which
shall be ruled by the naksatra indicated [by the yoga tara]. Varahamihira refers to the Magha as
the constellation ruling the commencement of Kali Yuga. At the time of the Mahabharata war,
the saptarsi were in Regulus confirming that Varahamihira was talking about the
commencement of kali Yuga.

Regulus (Alpha Leonis) means “the little king” in Latin. It is one of the four Royal Stars called
four Guardians of Heaven or Kendra Digpala. In western astrology, Regulus is the Archangel
Raphael, the Healing Archangel whereas in Vedic astrology, it is Vaishravana Kubera, the lord
of wealth and marker of the Northern quarter as well as its guardian. It is the heart of the lion
and is the yoga tara of Magha naksatra. Any eclipse in this naksatra directly affects the political
stability of the region from Persia to Delhi (North India).

Present Period calculations

Kali Yuga started on 23 January 3102 BC using the proleptic Gregorian calendar and has a
junction or Yuga opening period of 45 saptarsi naksatra. During this period, gradually the effects
of Kali Yuga will manifest although there will be sub-periods of each of the Yuga.

Points to bear in mind –

1. The saptarsi naksatra is derived by a line drawn between Pulaha and Kratu and is taken
as the seat of Kratu, even though all the saptarsi are positioned therein.
2. The remaining six seers in the reverse order will sit in the six naksatra preceding this
saptarsi naksatra. For example, if the saptarsi are in Magha, then this is the seat of Brahmarsi
Kratu as well and the preceding six naksatra are for the remaining six in the order – Pulaha in
Ashlesa, Pulastya in Pusya, Atri in Punarvasu, Aïgiras in Ardra, Vasistha in Mrigashira and
Marici in Rohini.
3. Thus the seventh naksatra counted in the reverse from the saptarsi naksatra becomes
the seat of the first of the saptarsi Marici and will be close to the ‘Ayanaàsha Point’. For
example, from 1699 AD, the saptarsi are in Mrigashira naksatra (No.5) for 960 years; counting
in the reverse, the 7th naksatra is Uttara Bhadrapada which is the seat of Marici. The
Ayanaàsha point is close to Uttara Bhadrapada naksatra and at present the ayanaàsha is about
23°58’ bringing the point into Pürva Bhadrapada. The Maximum range is one naksatra (13°20’)
behind.
4. Ruler of the Saptarsi Millennium: The Lord of the 8th naksatra counted in the direct
zodiacal order from the saptarsi naksatra shall be the lord of the saptarsi millennium (approx
960 years). For example, between 4062 – 3102 BC the saptarsi were in Pürva Phalguni
naksatra (No.11) and the 8th naksatra from this is Jyestha ruled by Indra. Thus Indra was the
ruler of the Saptarsi millennium Pürva Phalguni and Yudhisthira was crowned king in
Indraprastha (Delhi) in 3089 BC. The importance of Indra dwindled after the beginning of Kali
Yuga when the Saptarsi moved into Magha and the Kaurava of Hastinapur perished.
5. Proof of existence of an ancient civilisation indicates that there was sufficient sattva guna
during its period to save things for such a long time. For example notice the flourishing Indus
Valley Civilization period which coincides with the reign of Maharaja Yudhisthira (Pandava
dynasty) in India.

KY Period From To No. Naksatra

-9 960 -11741 -10781 19 Müla Last ice age ends after 65,000 years with müla gandanta;
earliest signs of agriculture
-8 960 -10781 -9821 18 Jyestha
-7 960 -9821 -8861 17 Anuradha
-6 960 -8861 -7901 16 Vishakha
-5 960 -7901 -6941 15 Svati -7500: Neveli Cori Excavations in Turkey reveal advanced
civilization with meticulous architecture and planning; -7000: Early evidence of horses in the
Ganga region [Frawley]
-4 960 -6941 -5981 14 Chitra Mehrgarh grows barley, raise sheep, goats, store grain, entomb
dead, buildings of sun-baked mud bricks.; -6500: Rig Veda I mandala 117.22, 116.12, 84.13
winter solstice in Aries
-3 960 -5981 -5021 13 Hasta -5500: Mehrgarh villagers are making baked pottery and
thousands of small, clay of female figurines (interpreted to be earliest signs of Shakti worship),
and are involved in long-distance trade in precious stones and sea shells.
-5500: Date of astrological observations associated with ancient events
later mentioned in the Puranas (Alain Danielou).

-5000: World population, 5 million, doubles every 1,000 years.
-5000: Beginnings of Indus-Sarasvati civilizations of Harappa and
Mohenjo-daro. Date derived by considering archeological sites, reached after excavating 45
feet. Brick fire altars exist in many houses, suggesting Vedic fire rites, yajna. Earliest signs of
worship of Lord Siva. This mature culture will last 3,000 years, ending around -1700.
-5000: Rice is harvested in China, with grains found in baked bricks. But
its cultivation originated in Eastern India.
-2 960 -5021 -4061 12 Uttara Phalguni -4000: Excavations from this period at Sumerian sites of
Kish and Susa reveal existence of Indian trade products.
-1 960 -4061 -3101 11 Pürva Phalguni -4000: Date of world's creation (!)
-3928: July 25th, the earliest eclipse mentioned in the Rig Veda (Dr. P.C.
Sengupta)
3089 BC: Yudhisthira Maharaja's reign starts in Indraprastha (Delhi)
1 960 -3101 -2141 10 Magha 3102 BC: Kali Era Calendar starts.
2448 AD Yudhisthira reign ends (?)
2 960 -2141 -1181 9 Ashlesa
3 960 -1181 -221 8 Pusya 900-300 Greek Empire;
600 BC-640AD Persian Empire
600-200 BC Maurya Empire
4 960 -221 739 7 Punarvasu 1000 BC-50 AD Celtic Empire
300 BC - 500 AD Roman Empire
300 - 400 AD Gupta Dynasty
100-1600 AD Ottoman Empire
221BC - 619 Qin to Sui Dynasty
5 960 739 1699 6 Ardra 700-1100 AD Vikings Rule
600-1000 AD Islam Power Spreads
622 Ad Prophet Mohamed
1500-1600 AD Safavid Rule Persia
1200-1600 AD Mughal India
960-1279 Song Dynasty
1271 -1362 Yuan Dynasty
1368 -1644 Ming Dynasty
6 960 1699 2659 5 Mrigashira 1600-1900 AD Manchu-Ching Dynasty
New World; King Aryaman Aditya (Uttara Phalguni); Marici in Uttara
Bhadrapada
7 960 2659 3619 4 Rohini
8 960 3619 4579 3 Krittika
9 960 4579 5539 2 Bharani
10 960 5539 6499 1 Ashvini
11 960 6499 7459 27 Revati
12 960 7459 8419 26 Uttara bhadrapada

Note:

1. Periods in Years
2. Years From & To are in Proleptic Gregorian Calendar
3. Physical 27 naksatra have been used for dates, finer calculations required for Nos.21 & 22
for Abhijit insertion
4. KY stands for dating from the start of Kali Yuga and the count is in terms of periods of 960
years for saptarsi movement in each naksatra.
5. The naksatra numbers and names correspond to the tentative placement of the saptarsi in a
naksatra.

Antardasha

No Naksatra From To Planet Devata
5 Mrigashiras 1699 1799 Mars Chandra
4 Rohini 1799 1899 Moon Pitamaha
3 Krittika 1899 1999 Sun Agni
2 Bharani 1999 2099 Venus Yama
1 Ashvini 2099 2199 Ketu Ashvini Kumar
27 Revati 2199 2299 Mercury Püshan
26 Uttara bhadra 2299 2399 Saturn Ahirbudhanya
25 Pürva bhadra 2399 2499 Jupiter Ajaikapada
24 SHatabhisaj 2499 2599 Rahu Varuna
23 Dhanistha 2599 2659 Mars Vasu

Just see what started in the year 1999! Bharani antardasha which is ruled by Yama the
god of death…
Now yama rules for a decade from 1999-2009…March (pratyantar). During this decade of
Mrigasira-Bharani-Bharani the war against terror started.
Thereafter (Ashvini nakshatra, 2009-2019 pratyantara) the Asvini Kumara are coming to
the rescue of the world and there will be a rejuvenation of spirit. People will find new
medicine and new research will cure deadly diseases like cancer and Aids. Old men will
marry very young girls with dreams of regaining their youth. New medicines to look and
feel younger and healthier.

sb
:)

SB!

So you come with a hopeful message after 2009 things will be fine.

Thanks for that.

Regards

Happy 2009

:usa2:M M

Humanity lives on hope.Our scriptures are tools for hope.Humanity will continue with pleasant & un-pleasant incidents happening,at the macro level as well as micro level.

In fact present day Brahmins have busted many myths.We were always a minority and yet we get blamed,becoz we are compassionate lot.We just know things,which we ourselves don't know,how we know??So,self-introspection.You scratch my back i scratch your back,should be dinned day in and day out in our community.Above all,a self-confidence instilled,that even if you die,the community will pitch in,to protect,your kith & kin.

Let other community take over,Brahminical ways and means of life.Let's yield,to the larger wishes and see what happens!!

sb

SB,

This taking over, Brahmins rule etc.. is all bull sh..

For "BENEFIT TO ALL" aka HITAM - one needs good intelligence , due to elders bhakti , bhavana and good deeds , Bhagawan's intelligence is revealed by Seer, further Vritthis developed in the form of Smritis all ar preserved and passed to us.

Brahmins are just a part, all the others also share equal responsibility. So it is not only in our hands. Since we are born to show and guide people according to what is said in VEDAS. I just try my hand here, the least I can do.

I'm not bothered how the result will turn up. Result is Bhagavat Sankalpam.

Anyway thanks...

Besh Besh M M ,romba nunna sonnel pongo......chirp chirp..:)

sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back