• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

No-Wash Shirt Doesn't Stink After 100 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
No-Wash Shirt Doesn't Stink After 100 Days

dnews-files-2013-04-no_smell_wool_shirt_660x433-jpg.jpg

A New York City startup is saying it can produce a men’s button-down shirt from wool that’s super-soft, doesn’t need ironing and won’t smell even after being worn for 100 days straight without washing. And the company’s founder apparently did just that.

Stealth Clothing Averts Government Snoopers: Photos

The clothing company, called Wool&Prince, was started several months ago by Portland, Oregon native Mac Bishop two of his friends. Their button-down shirt prototype was made from wool put through a special process to make it soft, wrinkle-resistant and odor-free. While they don’t reveal what techniques are used to achieve this, Bishop documented wearing one of the shirts for 100 days in a row here. (Hat tip to Gizmodo.)

Bishop extolls the benefits of sheep wool, and talked with Margaret Frey, an associate professor of fiber science and apparel design at Cornell University about it in a Skype video. Australian sheep have been bred to have fine, soft fibers for an even flat fabric, Frey said. “It doesn’t have that itchiness that we might have associated with wool.”

Still, I’m highly skeptical about the shirt’s odor-free properties after seeing a GIF of Bishop next to a smoker, but will have to take his word for it since nobody I know has tried the shirt out yet. The company recently created a Kickstarter campaign to sell the shirts at $98 apiece so they can raise enough to place an order with the factory.
Living in Colorado, I’ve accumulated a few really nice albeit expensive wool items for outdoor use, including base layers and socks. Washing seems to reduce their smell-resistance, though. The pieces have a vaguely sheep-like smell after they’re gently cleaned and hung up to dry. Plus the socks could walk home by themselves after several days of heavy, sweaty use.

No-Wash Shirt Doesn't Stink After 100 Days : Discovery News

I wish this shirt comes to India soon and sells at a cheap rate!
When the a/c cab driver wears a stinking shirt,
I feel like :faint: ing!!

Raji Madam

For Chennai climate any type of Shirt will stink after a few hours of use because of body sweat!!

In BHPV colony, there was a guy to note down monthly electricity readings.

He needs no calling bell. We will know when he enters our compound gate!

I used to sing 'kAtrinilE varum nAtram'! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back