• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Decline of Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was an active editor of Wikipedia for a number of years. But I have left Wikipedia.

There are many editors who have left Wikipedia.

The volunteer workforce that built the project’s flagship, the English-language Wikipedia—and must defend it against vandalism, hoaxes, and manipulation—has shrunk by more than a third since 2007 and is still shrinking.

This is an article about the problem.

The Decline of Wikipedia: Even As More People Than Ever Rely on It, Fewer People Create It | MIT Technology Review

N,

it must be noted that more folks turn to Wikipedia as is observed by the article. I do not know the rate of desertion of contributors. But myself, every once in a while, do not hesitate to update the Wiki with what i feel is appropriate. So based on my own ad hoc updates based mostly on prejudice and ignorance, I would take Wiki with a grain of salt, but a tasty salt nevertheless, the same salt that makes a sambhar a sambhar. :)

I do not see the world abandoning wikipedia, which i feel, is one of the marvellous platforms to dissipate low brow and trivial knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back