• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Restaurants for authentic Tamil Vegetarian food in chennai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not tamil veg, but these are a few other veg outlets that could be visited:

- Rajdhani : When I was in chennai last week we went to this restaurant (famous for their thali) in phoenix mall in velachery. And it was a disappointment, probably due to our high expectations, after having enjoyed their outlet in oman.

- Cream Centre : The next day we visited this outlet in college road and enjoyed the food there. But be prepared to be pampered in creamy stuff.

- Little Italy : visited this in coimbatore last week. Delicious Italian food, but could not enjoy the fresh juices and had to cancel them (too much watery, and lime added).

These are some of the other vegetarian restaurants (not necessarily tamil cuisine but still good food)

Depending on where you live, the locations of these places might be too far or too close :)

In no particular order

• Cream Centre
  • Tadka Talk
  • Eden
  • Mathsya
  • Mathura
  • Kailash Parbat
  • Mast Kalandar
  • Sanjeevanam
  • Little Italy (Italian Veg)
  • Rajdhani
  • A2B
  • Grand Sweets and Snacks
  • Karpagambal Mess
  • Shree Mithai
  • ID
  • Namma Veedu Vasantha Bhavan (there are quite a few fakes around with the name Vasantha Bhavan, so do look out for the namma veedu tag)
  • Sukh Sagar
  • Murugan Idli Shop
  • Madras Coffee House
  • Kapila Dasa

For the address and location details, check out Zomato.com or Burrp.com

hi
i visited sangeetha bhavan in mylapore/adayar....adayar ananda bhavan tooo ...i visited both places in last august visit to chennai....

im ok with that...but heavy rush in both places....

Last edited:
vidhyarthi bhavan.jpgComparing to Restaurants in Bangalore I find the cost of food in Chennai expensive.
Also the quality and varieties of items are much better in Bangalore. The Crispy brown Masala dose laced with plenty of ghee and butter in the famous Vidhyarthi Bhavan at Gandhibazaar is still billed at Rs.36/=. Even in the high end Restaurants like MTR , Kamat and Maiyas, cost of food is less. In Chennai the Saravana Bhavan, A2B, Sangeetha, Ratna Cafe , are charging exorbitant rates.

Kovai Annalakshmi is quite good; served by volunteers, disciples of the institution.

Shivanjali cafe, in coimbatore, also seems to be good (Malaysian and Thai cuisine). I would probably visit that next time I visit cbe.

Saravana Bhavan items are getting smaller and smaller!! But the prices for each item are becoming bigger and bigger!!

I was told that in Annalakshmi, House wifes from well to do families Serve on certain occasion, and the cost of Meals is really very high compared to other Similar type of Hotels.

Most of the Hotels in Chennai, lack proper Restrooms( Toilets ) with Napkins changing facility. Many Hotels do not provide Western type of toilets, which makes hard for elderly.
Sarvana Bhavan Hotel Toilets are not maintained properly, and Wash basin is kept in the eating area itself.

Saravana Bhavan items are getting smaller and smaller!! But the prices for each item are becoming bigger and bigger!!

I was told that in Annalakshmi, House wifes from well to do families Serve on certain occasion, and the cost of Meals is really very high compared to other Similar type of Hotels.

Most of the Hotels in Chennai, lack proper Restrooms( Toilets ) with Napkins changing facility. Many Hotels do not provide Western type of toilets, which makes hard for elderly.
Sarvana Bhavan Hotel Toilets are not maintained properly, and Wash basin is kept in the eating area itself.
hi paddhu sir,

generally indians very bad in maintaining toilets in hotels/bus stand/railway stations/even some airports.....here in USA...WE CALL

TOILETS AS REST ROOMS...but in india...there is no rest rooms.....our kitchen/bathrooms always bad in maintainence....

i visited many times in saravana bhavan toilets....i feel bad tooo....even indian restaurants bathrooms in USA also very bad.....

OUR USA ROAD SIDE RESTROOMS ARE BETTER THAN INDIAN RESTAURANTS TOILETS....JUST VISIT THE CORRIDOR OF

I -95 HIGH WAY STREACH FROM MIAMI TO VERMONT IN EAST COAST CORRIDOR OF USA.....THEY ARE THE BEST ROADSIDE

RESTROOMS IN THE WORLD.....sorry to say....

Last edited:
saravana bavan buffet near satyam theaters is the best. ofcourse if u can wait till dec 15 u will have high glycemic index kalyana sappadu at many music acadamies!

hi paddhu sir,

generally indians very bad in maintaining toilets in hotels/bus stand/railway stations/even some airports.....here in USA...WE CALL

TOILETS AS REST ROOMS...but in india...there is no rest rooms.....our kitchen/bathrooms always bad in maintainence....

i visited many times in saravana bhavan toilets....i feel bad tooo....even indian restaurants bathrooms in USA also very bad.....

OUR USA ROAD SIDE RESTROOMS ARE BETTER THAN INDIAN RESTAURANTS TOILETS....JUST VISIT THE CORRIDOR OF

I -95 HIGH WAY STREACH FROM MIAMI TO VERMONT IN EAST COAST CORRIDOR OF USA.....THEY ARE THE BEST ROADSIDE

RESTROOMS IN THE WORLD.....sorry to say....

tbs Sir

Yes, you are right

Even Chennai International Airport lacks proper Restroom ( Toilet) , there is no space to take inside your Pullman;

Most of them are Indian Type, and a very few Western Type are unclean and emitting very bad foul smell;

There is no provision in any toilet for changing napkins.

Reg Hotels, their concept of toilets is woefully inadequate; they think that everyone is accustomed to use Indian Type, whereas many homes nowadays have Western type of toilets.

Road side. or Bus Stand/ Railway Station toilets are the worst, one can not enter them.
managed by drunken fellow these are public nuisance not public convenience.

In US every shop has very good clean Rest Room, even community pools have one; same is the case with UK.

hi paddhu sir,
just today i went to SAM"s club near my home....i went to rest room there....ITS REALLY A REST ROOM...NOT A TOILET/BATHROOM...

even i got nice sleep in the shop's toilet....well maintained and nice smell too.....even we can sleep in USA toilets...NOT IN INDIA...

only vomit comes first.....then toilet.....in USA ...many homes have books in rest room...while using toilet facilities...lol...

hi
in kovai....still i prefer annapoona/gowri shankar in gandhipuram.....they are the still best in cbe....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back