• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How Does the Internet Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the Internet really work? This clip lets you ride shotgun with a packet of data—one of trillions involved in the trillions of Internet interactions that happen every second. Look deep beneath the surface of the most basic Internet transaction, and follow the packet as it flows from your fingertips, through circuits, wires, and cables, to a host server, and then back again, all in less than a second.

There and Back Again: A Packet's Tale. How Does the Internet Work? - YouTube

How does the Internet really work? This clip lets you ride shotgun with a packet of data—one of trillions involved in the trillions of Internet interactions that happen every second. Look deep beneath the surface of the most basic Internet transaction, and follow the packet as it flows from your fingertips, through circuits, wires, and cables, to a host server, and then back again, all in less than a second.

There and Back Again: A Packet's Tale. How Does the Internet Work? - YouTube

What I have understood is that the packet travels through billions of computers and finally reaches its destination. This video clip shows differently. Which version is correct?

Packets travels through hubs and servers and gets served back to the originating computer. The hubs and servers are specialized computers, but are not ordinary computers.

It is wrong to say that for one transaction, packets travels through billions of computers.

I got this info from Howstuffworks

Suppose you want to connect to Tamil Brahmins Forum - Brahmins World. First, you open your Web browser and type the corresponding address and enter. When you do this, your computer sends an electronic request over your Internet connection to your Internet service provider (ISP). The ISP routes the request to a server further up the chain on the Internet. Eventually, the request will hit a domain name server (DNS).

This server will look for a match for the domain name you've typed in (such as Tamil Brahmins Forum - Brahmins World). If it finds a match, it will direct your request to the proper server's IP address. If it doesn't find a match, it will send the request further up the chain to a server that has more information.

The request will eventually come to the Web server of tamilbrahmins. The server will respond by sending the requested file in a series of packets. Packets are parts of a file that range between 1,000 and 1,500 bytes. Packets have headers and footers that tell computers what's in the packet and how the information fits with other packets to create an entire file. Each packet travels back up the network and down to your computer. Packets don't necessarily all take the same path -- they'll generally travel the path of least resistance.

I shall attach schematic diagram in next post

part 2 of my post

internet-diagram.gif
Hope this clarifies!

I got this info from Howstuffworks

Suppose you want to connect to Tamil Brahmins Forum - Brahmins World. First, you open your Web browser and type the corresponding address and enter. When you do this, your computer sends an electronic request over your Internet connection to your Internet service provider (ISP). The ISP routes the request to a server further up the chain on the Internet. Eventually, the request will hit a domain name server (DNS).

This server will look for a match for the domain name you've typed in (such as Tamil Brahmins Forum - Brahmins World). If it finds a match, it will direct your request to the proper server's IP address. If it doesn't find a match, it will send the request further up the chain to a server that has more information.

The request will eventually come to the Web server of tamilbrahmins. The server will respond by sending the requested file in a series of packets. Packets are parts of a file that range between 1,000 and 1,500 bytes. Packets have headers and footers that tell computers what's in the packet and how the information fits with other packets to create an entire file. Each packet travels back up the network and down to your computer. Packets don't necessarily all take the same path -- they'll generally travel the path of least resistance.

I shall attach schematic diagram in next post

i never cease to be amazed, at this concept turned reality.

just this message, being split into 10 pieces, and travel via different parts of the world, and all coming together in this post, at just the hit of a button!

surely there is a God!! for no human can make anything travel at this speed.

i never cease to be amazed, at this concept turned reality.

just this message, being split into 10 pieces, and travel via different parts of the world, and all coming together in this post, at just the hit of a button!

surely there is a God!! for no human can make anything travel at this speed.

And this invention is 30 years old..We should thank internet to communicate real time with each other so effortlessly despite being several thousand kilometers away

Internet has made our lives easier, enabled ecommerce, facilitated distance education through e learning capsules, share audios and videos thus improving the entertainment quotient...Last but not the least our site has been facilitated by internet that is helping thousands of members to network

Absolutly true sarang may be in todays scenario Buddha might have got enlightment while having his cafe latte and using his wifi
Just for pun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back