• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Liberation, according to Jyotish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends,

Will Jyotish help us find out whether the native has chances of becoming liberated in this life? I know certain methods from Parashara texts, but I need to confirm it with experts here, if there are any.

And please, please don't post a long response stating jyotish cannot determine liberation, only our actions will etc. etc. Fine, so be it, but I'd still like to know from a Jyotish perspective.

If there are some people who have some knowledge of Jyotish, please do respond. I have some specific queries in mind.

Regards,
Suresh

EXACTLY ! The Tone of the first welcoming message of this Thread Starter is Clear !
We are not interested in whiling away our time with some half-baked Jyotish !
Only Jyotish who know about liberation need to post here !
Really don;t mind if the next message will be posted after a year !
Precisely , how a thread should be !
Hats off !
Sorry! Basics about Liberation please , for those of us who are new to the subject !
Is it about reaching heaven ??

Last edited:
Libeeration according to jyotish

Yes, it can be predicted by analysing the 12th houseand also 9th and 10th
houses. In addition the 5th house and conjunction and position of planets
will indicate whether the native will get liberation.

Yes, it can be predicted by analysing the 12th houseand also 9th and 10th
houses. In addition the 5th house and conjunction and position of planets
will indicate whether the native will get liberation.

But what about 12th from karakamsa (atmakaraka in navamsa). Here's what parashara text says about that. It says liberation is determined based on the position of atmakaraka in navamsa, doesn't say anything about 12th in rasi chart.
http://www.srivyuha.org/srivyuha/Public/Books/Parashara-Jyotish/index.cfm?objID=147

Liberation....

Dear Sri Suresh,

Yes, navamsa reading is equally valid.

Let us look at Sri Ramakrishna Parmahamsar's chart. His lagna is kumbham,
where sun,moon and mercury are placed. Ketu is in 12th house. 12th house
lord Saturn is in 8th house aspecting Jupiter and exalted venus who are in
2nd house. Mars is in 4th house.

Ketu is positioned in the 12th house , which also happens to be the 12th
house from moon. 12th house lord is aspecting both jupiter and venus.
This has given him sanyasa yoga thru' sakthi worship.

Similarly, in Sri Ramanuja's horoscope, Moon and jupiter are in the 12th
house, aspected by saturn. Lagna is kataka. Saturn is in 6th house. Ketu in
the 5th . Exalted sun, venus and mercury are in 10th. sun is along with
the lord of 3rd and 12th and with the lord of 4th and 11th.

Even in Varahamihirar's book, there are so many combinations given
as contributing to sanyasa yoga. Also in Jaimini's book, there are many
combinations given for the native to take sanyasa.

If four or more planets are seated in a house ( combination to include mars,
venus,jupiter, saturn, mercury or moon ) , the native will by a sanyasi.
This is as per Varahamihirar.

So, one has to deeply study the native's horoscope to predict correctly.

Last edited:
Dear Sri N.R.Ranganathan Ji,

I have quite an admiration for you. Even though I have been following the Vedic Jyotish as my hobby for the last 50 or so years, I did not respond, because, I did not think that this thread was created with any sincerity. My suspicion was answered with the author's response to a posting by someone else with out any seriousness.

You can only wake up a person who is asleep, but not a person who is pretending to be asleep.

In my opinion, this thread is a sham.

Pranams,
KRS

Dear Sri Suresh,

Yes, navamsa reading is equally valid.

Let us look at Sri Ramakrishna Parmahamsar's chart. His lagna is kumbham,
where sun,moon and mercury are placed. Ketu is in 12th house. 12th house
lord Saturn is in 8th house aspecting Jupiter and exalted venus who are in
2nd house. Mars is in 4th house.

Ketu is positioned in the 12th house , which also happens to be the 12th
house from moon. 12th house lord is aspecting both jupiter and venus.
This has given him sanyasa yoga thru' sakthi worship.

Similarly, in Sri Ramanuja's horoscope, Moon and jupiter are in the 12th
house, aspected by saturn. Lagna is kataka. Saturn is in 6th house. Ketu in
the 5th . Exalted sun, venus and mercury are in 10th. sun is along with
the lord of 3rd and 12th and with the lord of 4th and 11th.

Even in Varahamihirar's book, there are so many combinations given
as contributing to sanyasa yoga. Also in Jaimini's book, there are many
combinations given for the native to take sanyasa.

If four or more planets are seated in a house ( combination to include mars,
venus,jupiter, saturn, mercury or moon ) , the native will by a sanyasi.
This is as per Varahamihirar.

So, one has to deeply study the native's horoscope to predict correctly.

Liberation according to.....

Dear sri KRS,

Unfortunately, the querist has overlooked the fundamental fact that
navamsa chart or any other chart(s) by subividing a house by 6 or 10
degrees drawn for some specific purpose is only a derivative of the
native's rasi chart.

Thanks and regards,

KRS,

I started this thread asking only people with knowledge in astrology to participate, to avoid the danger of this turning into another 'time pass' thread. And almost immediately, one of the members posted something that trivialized the whole thing, and I had to react in kind. This is the reason for my post, you ought to blame the person who trivialized this, when I particularly mentioned that I was only interested in serious discussions.

If you still feel I am insincere in starting this thread, or that the thread is a sham, fine, by all means, do so. You may also contact the moderator to delete this topic altogether. OTOH, instead of jumping to such foolish conclusions, you might want to contribute something. It's your prerogative.

Suresh

Dear sri KRS,

Unfortunately, the querist has overlooked the fundamental fact that
navamsa chart or any other chart(s) by subividing a house by 6 or 10
degrees drawn for some specific purpose is only a derivative of the
native's rasi chart.

Thanks and regards,

What makes you say that? I know this well enough, thank you. The reason I asked is because in some cases, if we see the rasi chart, it gives a totally different pic of the native, no planets in 12th, no hint that the person is even spiritual. But surprisingly, the same person's navamsa chart shows the exact opposite, that he's destined for sayujua mukti (which is the highest!), according to Parashara's texts.

It's only to understand this contradiction I started this thread, but you and KRS are more interested in attacking rather than assisting me.

Suresh

Sorry, no personal attack on you

Dear Sri Suresh* Ji,

Thank you for the explanation.

If you need to resove any contradictions, I would advise that you go straight to the point, instead of asking roundabout questions. Your questions involve certain level of knowledge on the part of someone to answer, and so it is not fair to conceal your real question.

Did not mean to create any personal animus here. But as you are well aware that astrology is a serious discipline and as it has many distractors, I did not want this topic to be treated lightly.

Regards,
KRS

KRS,

I started this thread asking only people with knowledge in astrology to participate, to avoid the danger of this turning into another 'time pass' thread. And almost immediately, one of the members posted something that trivialized the whole thing, and I had to react in kind. This is the reason for my post, you ought to blame the person who trivialized this, when I particularly mentioned that I was only interested in serious discussions.

If you still feel I am insincere in starting this thread, or that the thread is a sham, fine, by all means, do so. You may also contact the moderator to delete this topic altogether. OTOH, instead of jumping to such foolish conclusions, you might want to contribute something. It's your prerogative.

Suresh

Dear Mr.Suresh,

Sorry ! I too misunderstood your real intentions as the wordings of your welcoming msg were not apt for the meaning you wished to deliver !

Suffice if you would've clearly begun your welcoming msg stating simply that " This is an advanced discussion of Astrology , and I have certain queries regarding Liberation etc etc ," , and u could post a few things about Liberation saying ..
As per the planetary arrangement , as per the texts available ...
So and so combinations result in Liberation ,
making it polite and positive ! -- only a suggestion !

and as far as I know Mr.Ranganathan ji , being an active participant is a straight person who replies in Black or White , rather than grey !

COntinue ! please

Finally after u come to a conclusion , I shall send u my astrological chart to check when I get Liberated !

Liberation according to ...

Dear Mr.Suresh,

I refer to your recent posting, in reply to my message to Sri KRS. I really
thought you might have missed this point. When someone sees the two
charts ,presumably conveying different views, such mistakes do occur.
You may note that I have not even called it as a mistake , but termed it
as oversight.

Returning to the subject, I normally hone my knowledge by looking at the
horoscopes of many people , make a tabulation of dasa, bukthi and anta
along with the planetary transits and compare the actual events in the
native's life with this table. I make a similar analysis in my own case and
ascertain which planets/ planetary combinations give positive results
and which give negative results. I also compare my mental evolution
( or otherwise ) with the planetary gochara positions/ dasa periods to
find their effect on human mind.

Sri KRSji must be an expert on Astrology , having studied it for more than
two score and ten years now, and he may share his knowledge with us.

I follow the same system you follow. I am an amateur and I am still learning . It however never ceases to amaze me that empirically how this discipline stands out.

I think you have ably answered Sri Suresh* Ji's question about 'liberation'.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri KRS,

Could you give me the basis for deciding that this thread is a sham?

I don't see how you arrived at that conclusion.

Regards,
Chintana

I have quite an admiration for you. Even though I have been following the Vedic Jyotish as my hobby for the last 50 or so years, I did not respond, because, I did not think that this thread was created with any sincerity. My suspicion was answered with the author's response to a posting by someone else with out any seriousness.

You can only wake up a person who is asleep, but not a person who is pretending to be asleep.

In my opinion, this thread is a sham.

Pranams,
KRS

Dear Sowbhagyavathi Chintana Ji,

The thread started in earnest. But after Sri Suresh* Ji's reply to the first posting by Vijisesh Ji, where I thought were some off-handed comments were made, Sri Suresh* Ji's comments, where he seemed to appreciate the input, even though he wanted a 'serious' discussion on the matter, I thought that Sri Suresh* Ji was not serious.

And then after Sri N.R.Ranganathan's first posting Sri Suresh* Ji, encountered with a statement that indicated to me that he was mainly posting just to create holes in Sri. N.R. Ranganathan's logic. (Only a person who is not well versed in Vedic Astrology would give such a response of the twelfth house being blank!).

Not knowing that Sri Suresh* Ji is a novice, because he cited Parshara (it is akin to citing Michael Angelo, when you are learning to fashion a toy marble), I thought that he started the thread mainly to find holes in a well intentioned person's argument.

I now stand corrected. I now know, based on his explanation since and his next posting that he is just starting to learn Jyotish.

My apologies to him and to the readers for saying what I said, in hindsight. But at that time, I really thought that a game was being played.

Pranams,
KRS

Dear Sri KRS,

Could you give me the basis for deciding that this thread is a sham?

I don't see how you arrived at that conclusion.

Regards,
Chintana

Hi KRS,

Glad you understand. I am evidently a learner, which is why I am asking such basic questions. I am a novice, but I don't have time to do an in-depth study at this point, so I am just looking for some quick answers. Hope that's clear enough not to cause further misunderstanding.

Only a person who is not well versed in Vedic Astrology would give such a response of the twelfth house being blank

I am not sure I understand this. The 12th in rasi chart is empty. Why is this so funny? Am I missing something here? Pl do share what you have in mind.

Regards,
Suresh

Dear Sri Suresh* Ji,

Jyotish is a life long task. It is an art, like medicine. There are rules but unless one is well educated in understanding how to analyse a horoscope, as a whole, where different pieces fit together, one can not be a good astrologer. One can not learn it piece-meal.

The reason, I said what I said about the 12th house is not because I wanted to be funny, but rather to make a point, which was made by Sri N.R. Ranganathan Ji already. One has to take numerous influences in to account, in a horoscope in totality. For example, when we talk about 'Moksha' one has to take in to account ALL the three 'moksha' houses, their lords and their influences as well as the Karakas for Moksha, Saturn, Jupiter and Kethu.

Reading your other thread, my advice to you would be to read the two volume book by Professor Raman and start reading horoscopes of the people you know. Just study, without giving out any predictions. You will come to a place of non-mechanics, where you will recognize the strength of a planet by just looking at it's position in a given chart. And this takes practice.

Pranams,
KRS

Hi KRS,

Glad you understand. I am evidently a learner, which is why I am asking such basic questions. I am a novice, but I don't have time to do an in-depth study at this point, so I am just looking for some quick answers. Hope that's clear enough not to cause further misunderstanding.

I am not sure I understand this. The 12th in rasi chart is empty. Why is this so funny? Am I missing something here? Pl do share what you have in mind.

Regards,
Suresh

Liberation....

Dear Sri Suresh,

In my horoscope also, 12th house is not occupied by any planet, but is
aspected by the 12th house lord himself. And, Jupiter, Mercury and Venus
are in paraspara kendra and Ketu is in 9th house aspected by 9th house
lord. Lagna lord is in the 5th house. At the beginning of Mercury dasa
I got an opportunity to edit a spiritual magazine dealing with Advaita
philosophy ! Lagna has the direct aspect of Jupiter. And so many factors
like these are to be studied and evaluated to come to some to sort of
conclusion. I am also a beginner Sureshji !

Last edited:
More 'advice'

Dear Sri Suresh* Ji,

Let me hasten to add that I am a beginner as well. Even though I have been studying this discipline for the past 50 or so years, it does not come easy for me. Again, one has to be blessed to be a good astrologer and one can read one's horoscope again to see this.

I was thinking about your other thread and analyzing what your question was. I hope you are not trying to interpret your own horoscope! If you do so, please do so only after, not before! It is a dictum in Vedic Astrology that one should not predict when it comes to one's own self, family or close friends. Lots of times, because of our earthly love towards these persons, He screens our eyes, so to say, shielding us from the negatives.

Just thought I would pass this on to you.

Pranams,
KRS

Thanks, KRS ji and Ranganathan Ji, for your words of wisdom. Whilst I understand that Jyotish is a vast field, I thought it'd be better to get an idea of these aspects of Jyotish by posting something on the subject every now and then. it's better than nothing, isn't it?

Dear Sri Suresh,

In my horoscope also, 12th house is not occupied by any planet, but is
aspected by the 12th house lord himself. And, Jupiter, Mercury and Venus
are in paraspara kendra and Ketu is in 9th house aspected by 9th house
lord. Lagna lord is in the 5th house. At the beginning of Mercury dasa
I got an opportunity to edit a spiritual magazine dealing with Advaita
philosophy ! Lagna has the direct aspect of Jupiter. And so many factors
like these are to be studied and evaluated to come to some to sort of
conclusion. I am also a beginner Sureshji !

Dear Ranganathan Ji,

What about Vimsamsa, the d-20 chart? I've heard people say this also is very important when it comes to understanding the native's spiritual path. If you could, please do shed some light on this.

ALso, I'd like to know, if you don't mind, whether or not yogas should be considered in the vimsamsa chart to determine the native's spirituality. For instance, if a person has a spiritual yoga like tapaswi yoga in the vimsamsa, does it have any value or relevance at all? Or, must we compute these yogas from the rasi chart and the rasi chart only?

Regards,
Suresh

p.s.
You seem to have an extremely powerful horoscope.

Absolutely, Sri Suresh* Ji. Vedic Jyotish is one of the proud legacies we have in our culture. It is a pity that a lot of us without understanding this discipline are ready to ridicule it! And, I must say, it is being misused.

Pranams,
KRS

Thanks, KRS ji and Ranganathan Ji, for your words of wisdom. Whilst I understand that Jyotish is a vast field, I thought it'd be better to get an idea of these aspects of Jyotish by posting something on the subject every now and then. it's better than nothing, isn't it?

Liberation....

Dear Mr.Suresh,

Please do not jump to conclusions fast. I have Maandi sitting firmly in
lagna. Its adverse impact is partially mitigated by the aspect of jupiter.

Regarding vimsamsa you are talking about, please note that first we
make a general reading of Rasi and the reading of other vargas is only
to support our views or to get our doubts cleared.

Jyothish - Raghu Kalam.

While browsing this thread I found posts of some knowledgable people explaning queries relating to Jyothisha. At the outset I admit that my knowledge of this ancient subject is next to nil, zero. But I am sincere to know about some aspects of the subject,( not to learn the subject).

I wish to know about the significance of "Raghu Kalam" as stated in our Hindu Calenders, on the following points.

1) What are the effects of following or not following the "Ragu Kalam" in our day to day affairs? Kindly quote the scriptural authority for the same for reference.

2) If period of "Raghu Kalam" is based on Sun rise, will not the starting and closing time of the same differ every day?

3) On the same line of thinking will not the timing change place to place in other parts of the World too.

I am asking this because, when I put this query in another Forum, all that I got was various kinds of effects, without the support of any Scriptural authority. I feel that "Ragu Kalam" is one of the misinterpreted Arstrological query among Hindus. As for me, I follow "Raghu Kalam" obediently (perhaps out of fear) since my father used to follow this.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back