• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmins in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am a student at one of the UK university doing Masters. I would like to know if there is any Tamil Brahmins association here in UK? :help:
I wish to get in touch with them to get some information about carnatic lessons, :violin::music:group sloka chanting,:grouphug: bhajans etc. :lalala:

I live in a University town and there are not many Indians :nono: and therefore associated activities for pandigais and vratams.

I have been earnestly looking for Narayaneyam, vishnu sahasranama chanting etc

Even if there aren't any such groups yet, I would like to know if any of you are interested to start these sloka chanting in any temples in London?:pray2:

I will move to London by Sep and I will be more delighted to participate.

Regards,
Sneha

there is a member called 'london swaminathan' here, who worked in bbc and i believe, resides in london.

and then there is this very sweet lady amala, who lives somewhere in the u.k. and might be of some info. she might read this post and respond.

best wishes re your studies and hope you get the maximum out of your stay in the u.k. :)

Last edited:
In London we have two organisations run by Tamil Brahmins one is south Indian Society and the other is London Sath Sangam. I was the chairman and secretary of both for some time. But London Sath Sangam is open to all irrespective of religion, race or caste.

You can google South Indian Society and get more details.

We have over 130 Sri Lankan Tamil Organisations, 26 Tamil Hindu Temples and institutions like Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in London. Turn every where you will see weekly music classes, Yoga classes, dance classes.

We have over 64 Sathya Sai Bhajan groups here.

London Murugan Temple and Mahalakshmi Temple in East London are run by Indian Tamils. You will see lot of Kurukkals from Tamil Nadu.If you go to the temple, you will get all the information about on coming chariot festivals.

I was the manager for the famous London Tamil Sangam which is run by Indian Tamil, but not Brahmins. I was the secretary of Tamil Heritage Foundation which runs Tamil events.

There is one World Tamil Organisation in Croydon run by Indian Tamils under Jacob ravibalan et al.

Any one needs help can call me on 07951 370 697 (London Mobile Number, beware of call charges!!!) Good Luck.

Dear Shri Kunjuppu Sir,

Thank you for your response. Just as you pointed out, Swaminathan sir has shared all the required information I might need.

Dear Shri Swaminathan Sir,

Thank you for the comprehensive reply. I think I will find what I am looking for , from directions you have provided me. Appreciate it. Will get back in touch sometime in Sep if I need any further guidance. Thank you once again.

Best Regards,
Sneha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back