• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Health Queries, Anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hariharan1972

Q : I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life; is this true?
A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... Don't waste them on exercise . Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q : Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products

Q : Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q : How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc .

Q : What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Q : Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: You're not listening.... Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q : Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q : Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy? HELLO Cocoa beans! Another vegetable. It's the best feel-good food around! !

Q : Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Q : Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is a shape! !

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO , What A Ride!!!!

Hari ji !

From a little serious perspective , it can be observed that people earn fortunes , striving hard at work giving less importance to diet in their early days , literally freaking out with all the junk food available !

But statistics will show that once a person comes in mid-age , he starts getting the hick-ups in his body system . One gets to understand the importance and the requirement of exercise , a balanced diet , a bit too late !

So the rest of his life is spent on "Total monitoring " , he purchase all gadgets to help him check his pressure, sugar and he is forced to become diet conscious !
Even some people resort to paying a ransom for " Reducing their weights to " match their BMI's.

So a little care taken at the right age really makes a world of difference !
In the early ages , u are a freebird to do what u like but having all the knowledge and your culture behind you , one can try a few things in moderation and not get addicted to it !

Health queries

Sir,

Diet and exercise have significant role in improving cardiac health and
in preventing cancer. Here are some tips.

Cabbage, tomato and nuts provide anti-oxidants. Walnuts and almonds
reduce cholesterol. Tomato contains lycopene.

Pumpkin has in it Vitamin A and beta-carotene. The seeds are important.
They have magnesium. Pumpkin prevents cancer.

Beetroot contains folate and betaine which prevents damage to the
arteries. It fights cancer also.

Guava contains lycopene , an anti-oxidant and it fights prostate cancer. It
has more potassium than banana.

The usually neglected Papaya fruit has carotene that helps in fighting
cancer.

Pomegranate reduces cholesterol and improves blood circulation. Cinnamon
also is known to reduce blood sugar, triglycerides and LDL cholesterol

Tangerine skin ( orange ) contains Salvestrol Q40 which can destroy
human cancer cells.

If one is not able to exercise daily, he can at least walk 3 to 4 KM a day,
which helps to improve HDL. You can have a work-out at least twice a week.

More tips will follow.

Last edited:
dear sir,
the best medicine is pranayam- if you dont want to hold your nose-or u forget which one to block-the best way is to read aloud any damn thing(for atheists) or any sloka preferably sanskrit everyday before food accompanied by light weight lifting or baski or pushups. believe me it is enough to drop 2 kilos in a month(but dont indulge in xtra items other than regular meals-venkateswara poli stall a big NOOOOOOO!!)
regards
eswaran

Pranayams - basically - 5 types , commonly practised :
1) Bhastrika 2) Kapal Baati 3) Anulom-vilom 4) Brahmari 5) udhgeet

Yes, its a great experience and keeps one's " TEMPER TANTRUMS !" under control !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back