• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sri Tripurasundari Astakam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sri Tripurasundari Astakam

images

Tripurasundari Ashtakam Stotra.

Tripura Sundari Astakam is dedicated to Goddess Tripura Sundari or Parvati Devi. Tripurasundari Astakam sung by Bombay Sisters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKPpqBvmxp4

Tripura-Sundari Ashtakam by Adi Shankara

kadambavanacāriī munikadambakādambinī
nitambajitabhūdharā suranitambinīsevitām |
navāmburuhalocanā abhinavāmbudaśyāmalā
trilocanakuumbinī tripurasundrīmāśraye || 1 ||

I seek shelter in Goddess tripurasundarī, who roams in the kadamba* forest; who is a galaxy of clouds to the galaxy of rshis (quenching their spiritual thirst as the bank of clouds quenches the thirst of the earthly beings); whose hips excel the mountains; who is served by the celestial damsels; whose eyes resemble the fresh lotus; swarthy like the newly formed nimbus; who is the wife of the three-eyed one (Lord śiva).

*Kadamba is a kind of tree (Nauclea cadamba). It is said to put forth orange-colored fragrant buds at the roaring of thunder clouds. A withered relic of the kadamba tree is still preserved in the precincts of the Madurai Meenakshi temple. Here, kadamba forest stands for the Universe, which Devi permeates.

kadambavanavāsinī kanakavallakīdhāriī
mahārhamaihāriī mukhasamullasadvāruīm |
dayāvibhavakāriī viśadalocanī cāriī
trilocanakuumbinī tripurasundarīmāśraye || 2 ||

I seek shelter in Goddess tripurasundari, who roams in the kadamba forest; who holds a golden veena; who wears a garland of precious gems; whose face glows deeply with ambrosia; who bestows prosperity through mercy; who is clear-eyed and wandering; who is the wife of the three-eyed one (Lord śiva).

kadambavanaśālayā kucamarollasanmālayā
kucopamitaśailayā gurukpālasadvelayā |
madāruakapolayā madhuragītavācālayā
kayā'pi ghananīlayā kavacitā vaya līlayā || 3 ||

We are overwhelmed (or impressed) by her play, by her panoply, by her abode in the kadamba forest (meaning here, the entire Universe), by the garland gracing her massive breasts, by her breasts which rival the mountains (represents her cosmic motherhood, and her eagerness to nourish the entire world), by the splendid flow of her grace, by her cheeks rudded by wine, by her melodious musical voice, by her cloud-like dark blue color.

kadambavanamadhyagā kanakamaṇḍalopasthitā
aamburuhavāsinī satatasiddhasaudāminīm |
viambitajapāruci vikacacandracūāmaī
trilocanakuumbinī tripurasundarīmāśraye || 4 ||

I seek shelter in Goddess tripurasundari, who is in the midst of the kadamba forest; who is seated on a golden disc; who resides in six lotus flowers; who is a lightening to the constant siddhas; who is splendorously mocking the red hibiscus flower; who has a cloudless moon for her crest jewel; who is the wife of the three-eyed one (Lord śiva).

kucāñcitavipañcikā kuilakuntalālak
kuśeśayanivāsinī kuilacittavidveiīm |
madāruavilocanā manasijārisamohinī
matagamunikanyakā madhurabhāiīmāśraye || 5 ||

I seek shelter in her whose breasts are graced by the Veena; who is adorned with curly tresses of hair; who is residing in a lotus; who scorns the evil-minded ones; whose eyes are reddish from nectar; who captivates the enemy of Cupid (that is, Lord śiva); who is the daughter of sage Mataga; who converses mellifluously.

smaraprathamapupiī rudhirabindunīlāmbarā
ghītamadhupātrikā madavihaarnetrāñcalām |
ghanastanabharonnatā galitacūlikā śyāmalā
trilocanakuumbinī tripurasundarīmāśraye || 6 ||

I seek shelter in Goddess tripurasundari, who bears the first flower of Manmatha (Cupid); who is clad in blue garments, spotted with sanguine (red); who is holding a bowl of wine with inebriated eyes, that are drooping at the ends; who has close-set, high and heavy breasts; who has dishevelled locks; who is swarthy (dark-skinned).

sakukumavilepanā alakacumbikastūrikā
samandahasitekaā saśaracāpapāśākuśām |
aśeajanamohinī aruamālyabhūāmbarā
japākusumabhāsurā japavidhau smarāmyambikām || 7 ||

I remember in my meditation, Ambika, the Mother, who is smeared with vermillion; whose forelocks graze the dot of musk; who has softly smiling eyes; who bears arrows, bow, snare and spear; who deludes the entire populace; who is wearing red garments and is shining with the japa flower.

Note: This slokam is considered very sacred and it is included in the dhyana slokam segment of both lalitha sahasranaamam and lalita trisati.

purandarapuradhrikā cikurabandhasairadhrikā
pitāmahapativratā paapaīracarcāratām |
mukundaramaīmaī lasadalakriyākāriī
bhajāmi bhuvanābikā suravadhūikāceikām || 8 ||
I worship the mother of the entire world, who is ruling over the entire sri pura; who has the celestial queen for plaiting her tresses; who has Lord Brahma's wife's skillful services for anointing with sandal paste; who has the gem-like wife of Lord Viṣṇu to adorn her with lustrous gems; who has the heavenly damsels as her maid-servants.

Thus ends Sri Tripurasundarī aṣṭaka, composed by Sri sakaracharya.

Om MANTRA HEENAM
KRIYA HEENAM
BHAKTI HEENAM SURESHWARA
YAT PUJITAM MAYAA DEVA
PARI POORNAM TADASTU MEY.

Oh Lord, I am weak in mantra, in action and in devotion; Yet, I know my humble attempt is accepted by Thy Grace

I have given the source from which these Mantras are taken, I have no extensive knowledge to check the correctness of these Verses, or the correct pronunciation;
Members please use your discretion to recite these.
Thanks and Regards,
P J

Please refer this link
tripurasundarI aShTakam

Tripurasundari Ashtakam Stotra Lyrics ? Adi Sankaracharya | Hindu Devotional Blog

Shivoham: Tripura-Sundari Ashtakam by Adi Shankara

picture:Google.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back