• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to post in Tamil in forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have started this thread at the request of Smt. Chintana

Many of us post quotations in Tamil. Writing Tamil in English robs it of its charm and effect.

It is easy to post in Tamil in the forum.

Earlier on we were having problems because of different fonts in different sites. Any one who has tried to access a Tamil Web page would know about first having to download a particular font for viewing the site. Most of these are TSC II 1.7 fonts.

With the increasing popularity of Unicode Tamil fonts, this problem has been almost solved. We still face the problem of some of the fonts not displaying all the Tamil Characters properly. But in Internet Explorer it all comes out O.K.

The most popular software for writing in Tamil is Murasu Anjal 2000 which is available for a free download from

http://www.murasu.com/

http://murasu.com/downloads/

Their latest version Murasu Anjal Version 9.7 is not available for free download.

Download the software, install it, and minimize it to the tray.

Right click on the tray icon and choose Encoding --> Unicode.

Now you can straightaway type in Unicode Tamil in the forum.

Thiru. Mutthu Nedumaran the founder of Murasu has been doing yeomen service to Tamil language.

Please see this.

http://www.bhashaindia.com/Patrons/S...u.aspx?lang=ta

Please post here if you face any problems.

We can also make use of this forum for providing links to Tamil language resources on the net.

தமிழன் என்று சொல்லடா! தலை நிமிர்ந்து நில்லடா!

Last edited:
I am using Baraha.

ॐ सहनाववतु सहनौभुनक्तु सहवीर्यं करवावहै |
तेजस्विना वधीतमस्तु मा विद्विषावहै ||

ॐ सर्वस्तरतु दुर्गाणि सर्वोभद्राणि पश्यतु |
सर्वस्सद्बुद्धि माप्नोतु सर्वस्सर्वत्र नन्दतु ||

ॐ असतोमा सद्गमय |
तमसोमा ज्योतिर्गमय |
मृत्योर्मा अमृतंगमय ||

I installed it quite sometime back. What is the problem?

இது பிராஹாவின் டைரக்ட் மூலம் போஸ்ட் செய்யப்பட்டது.

நன்றி

Sollungall and Nillungal is more appropriate.Sollada & Nillada is sounding very masculine,i wonder how Thaai Kulam will feel.Maybe they will say solladi & Nilladi.

sb

Sollungall and Nillungal is more appropriate.Sollada & Nillada is sounding very masculine,i wonder how Thaai Kulam will feel.Maybe they will say solladi & Nilladi.

sb

I do not see the relevance of your post. I do not see any post like what you have mentioned.

Seshadri/tbs

Have you been able to install the program?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I do not see the relevance of your post. I do not see any post like what you have mentioned.

Seshadri/tbs

Have you been able to install the program?

>>தமிழன் என்று சொல்லடா! தலை நிமிர்ந்து நில்லடா!<<

Tamizhan Enru Sollada!Thalai Nimirndu Nillada!

Sollada & NIllada,could have been Sollungal & Nillungal.

Anyways :sleep::sleep:

>>You can not change what the poet said.<<

With all due respect to you & Maha Kavi Bharathiar,in present day situations prevailing world over,women have to be considered part of the equations called life.In Kavi's time,Male Chauvinism,was rampant.Now at least women are given oppurtunity to prove and compete.Nothing personal against you or the Kavi.

Naa Oru Shundakka !!

sb

You know. Bala. Bharathiar is a person who wrote about Puthumai Penn in the early 1900. He believed and wrote extensively about the emancipation of women. He was against male chauvinism and is a darling of the feminists.

It is the language which has changed. Earlier we used the male gender to mean both sexes. We had only Chairman. Even a woman Chairman was called Chairman. In Kerala they used to address the woman teachers and professors as Sir. The language underwent a change after 1960. Now we have chairwoman. The latest is chairperson.

Bharathiar meant both sexes when he said Nillada.

>>Bharathiar meant both sexes when he said Nillada.<<

Yes,it makes sense,when you explain.Thanks for your immense patience,really appreciate it.

sb

ஓம் நமொ நாராயனாய நமஹ...

நான் மெல்ல மெல்ல கட்ரு கொன்டிருக்கிரென்...

நன்றி ஸ்ரி நச்சினார்க்கினியன்...

:first:

(Hope I have got it right...)

Notwithstanding any grammatical errors in my tamil post... it did take an awful lot of time to do just this....!!! phew...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back