• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Apologies and Namakaranam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namaste,

I would like to apologise for the post I made around a week ago. My priests have never mentioned anything about the caste system being gone or not to use that word, even though we've talked about the subject.

I would like to inform everyone that I am going to be getting my Namakaranam ceremony to make me a full Hindu, as in the parameters of Himalayan Academy's "How to Become a Hindu." I will also be changing it on all of my records such as birth certificate, driver's liscence, etc. My priests have said I have made the right descision.

I have no previous religious affiliations to sever.

Again, please accept my apologies for my previous post. Is it okay to still hang around on this forum and ask questions if I have them?

Thank you for your time,

Ganapathi Narayna (formerly Justin Lundeen)

PS-Happy Ganesha Chaturthi!

Last edited:
Namaste,

I would like to apologise for the post I made around a week ago. My priests have never mentioned anything about the caste system being gone or not to use that word, even though we've talked about the subject.

I would like to inform everyone that I am going to be getting my Namakaranam ceremony to make me a full Hindu, as in the parameters of Himalayan Academy's "How to Become a Hindu." I will also be changing it on all of my records such as birth certificate, driver's liscence, etc. My priests have said I have made the right descision.

I have no previous religious affiliations to sever.

Again, please accept my apologies for my previous post. Is it okay to still hang around on this forum and ask questions if I have them?

Thank you for your time,

Ganapathi Narayna (formerly Justin Lundeen)

PS-Happy Ganesha Chaturthi!

Hi il_guy,

You have chosen to reveal your identity so if I may, are you Indian? Did you adopt the principles of Hinduism recently? These answers will help us understand how to interact with you.

Regards,
Chintana

Namaste,

No, I am not Indian. I did adopt Hinduism over a year ago. I've been going to the temple for around the same time. I am in the process of setting up the Namakaranam ceremony with the temple. This way I can be a full Hindu (according to Himalayan Academy). I'm trying to do it the proper and correct way.

As far as the apology in the original post, maybe no one else read it but a few people before I requested it to be deleted.

I love Sanatana Dharma. It has become an integral part of my life. I wasn't born into any specific religion/way of life so I just had to go looking for one. I've studied all the world's religions and Hinduism is the one I feel is best for me.

If you have any further questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Ganapathi Narayana

Namaste,

No, I am not Indian. I did adopt Hinduism over a year ago. I've been going to the temple for around the same time. I am in the process of setting up the Namakaranam ceremony with the temple. This way I can be a full Hindu (according to Himalayan Academy). I'm trying to do it the proper and correct way.

As far as the apology in the original post, maybe no one else read it but a few people before I requested it to be deleted.

I love Sanatana Dharma. It has become an integral part of my life. I wasn't born into any specific religion/way of life so I just had to go looking for one. I've studied all the world's religions and Hinduism is the one I feel is best for me.

If you have any further questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Ganapathi Narayana

Thank you for your honesty.

I don't know how much of our discussions you have followed but although we are are the priestly community among Hindus we are a politically persecuted group in India. So this forum was expressly created to address many socio-economic issues alongside some spiritual/religious ones.

You welcome to be with us but I don't know how much our objectives match yours.

Thanks,
Chintana

Namaste,

Thank you for the kind reply. I originally came on here asking about the caste system and my place within it. That was why I came to a brahmin site. My question has been answered, so I will probably not be on here much in respect for the fact that the site is intended for the purposes you stated. I realize there are other forums that are more appropriate for the majority of my questions.

I thank you for your time Chintana,

Ganapathi Narayana

Welcome to Hinduism Ganapathi Narayana !!

I am very happy that you have chosen to be a Hindu.

Hinduism believes in One All-Pervading, Infinite Divinity, which resides in every being of Creation, and is especially manifest in the hearts of all humanity. This Deity inspires within seekers sincerity, joy, love and wisdom, and the highest respect for all that lives. All bodies are temples for the holy spirit, and that the duty of man is to honor God through loving service to all created beings, and attentive devotion in the pursuit of self-realization.

If you will advise me about your location (by private Message), I may be able to put you in touch with people who can help you in your quest.

God Bless You

Namaste Nacchinarkiniyan,

I tried to send a private message, but it says I need ten posts in order to send one. I actually have an appointment with the senior priest at the temple tomorrow evening to talk more about the Namakaranam and scheduling options.

I would like to ask one more question, as the oppurtunity has arisen. Once I officially have my new name, what do I say to Hindus who believe you cannot become Hindu? You know, the ones who say you have to be born into it? Hinduism is such a wonderful and beautiful thing that I don't understand why you would want to deny it to someone who is sincere about it. As far as I understand it, Hinduism has always accepted newcomers and integrated them into the fold.

Thanks for your help and the welcome, I truly feel welcome in the local community,

Ganapathi Narayana

Dear Sri Ganapathi Narayana,

If I may throw my two cents in...

In my experience I have found that Hinduism enthusiasts have a great way of silencing anybody born into the religion whenever they say, "I am a practising Hindu". If I were you I would go ahead and admit I was not born into the religion but say that I found my home in the grace of "Narayana" or "Shiva" or whoever else is your Ishta Deivatha. It usually has the effect of embarrasing the "born" Hindus into goodness. I would also be sure to say that with a big smile that comes straight from the heart and a steady, convincing gaze.

Unfortunately we don't have enough practice encountering those who want to adopt Sanathana Dharma, in my opinion. So we make it up as we go along.

Once you feel like you've crossed a few bumps with people you (once they are disarmed and relaxed around you) will find that you have chosen to make your home with the warmest set of people.

I, for one, am more than happy to have you with us.

Regards,
Chintana

Last edited:
Dont worry about them

Once I officially have my new name, what do I say to Hindus who believe you cannot become Hindu? You know, the ones who say you have to be born into it? Hinduism is such a wonderful and beautiful thing that I don't understand why you would want to deny it to someone who is sincere about it. As far as I understand it, Hinduism has always accepted newcomers and integrated them into the fold.

Mr il_guy a.k.a Ganapathy Narayana,

I am perhaps not as qualified as others to tell you this ; though your poser is to Mr Nacchinarkiniyan, hope he wouldnt mind my intrusion :)

My only suggestion to you would be this : simply ignore them. I have tremendous respect for all faiths, so with this backdrop, let me tell you what i think :

The beauty of Hinduism, as i see it as an insider, is that it provides ample space for everyone - for the generic believer ; for the one who is fastidious ; for the agnostic ; for the atheist. There are no compulsions in Hinduism.

Except for a few fussy guys, i am sure that you are most welcome in the hearts of millions of Hindus.

So please have a "couldnt care less" view about people who are concerned about your antecedents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Namaste,

Thank you all for being so welcoming. I really appreciate it. Shri Hariharan1972, I will be more than glad to have a "couldn't care less" attitude. I of course would not hold a grudge against them or anything like that.

Thanks again,

Ganapathi Narayana

Namaste Nacchinarkiniyan,

I tried to send a private message, but it says I need ten posts in order to send one. I actually have an appointment with the senior priest at the temple tomorrow evening to talk more about the Namakaranam and scheduling options.

I would like to ask one more question, as the oppurtunity has arisen. Once I officially have my new name, what do I say to Hindus who believe you cannot become Hindu? You know, the ones who say you have to be born into it? Hinduism is such a wonderful and beautiful thing that I don't understand why you would want to deny it to someone who is sincere about it. As far as I understand it, Hinduism has always accepted newcomers and integrated them into the fold.

Thanks for your help and the welcome, I truly feel welcome in the local community,

Ganapathi Narayana

Namaskaram

Chintana and hariharan1972 have done a wonderful job answering your queries.

I have a number of friends who have become Hindus.

I posted the link to Himalayan Academy because Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami was a recognized authority on Hinduism. He was a modern Maharishi who was himself converted to Hinduism. I can give the names of a number of American Swamijis in U.S who carry the torch of Hinduism.

The definition of Hinduism I had given in my message is by a group of American Hindus. All of them believe in Hinduism, though many have not undergone the formal conversion ceremony.

I will let you know my email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back