• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Banana Stem Stir Fry

Status
Not open for further replies.
This recipe is rich in fibre which helps you feel full for long and aids weight loss!

Banana-Stem-Stir-Fry-530x394.jpg

ingredients
  • 1 banana stem, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp chana dal
  • 2-3 curry leaves
  • 2 green chillies, slit
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 tsp oil
Method

• Take 2 banana stems, remove the thick outer late and fiber, chop it into pieces and soak it in buttermilk
  • Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana dal, green chillies and curry leaves
  • When the dal turns brown add the onions and cook till translucent
  • Then add drained banana stem pieces and little water. Cover and cook till banana stem is soft
  • Add salt and mix well and serve

Even finely chopped banana stem will cause some problem for those like me who rely gum-power. In my boyish days we used chop it by sharp-brimmed tumblers. Pattiamma would say the vazhaithandu can even digest a hard stone. Those days are gone along with my teeth-friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back