• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A new look at Iyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a type of humor popular in U.S. See the other articles. The article was written and then added on only by Iyers who are proud to be one.

I just remembered. It is called Varal in Tamil.

This is under Jokes and Fun Stuff.

BTW how do you bunch together Jokes, Fun Stuff and Inspiration.

Last edited:
Poor attempt at humour

This is a type of humor popular in U.S. See the other articles. The article was written and then added on only by Iyers who are proud to be one.

Well, if the intention was to be humourous, they couldnt have been more off the mark.

I could sense the *urge to be humourous* but humour without class is crass.

These guys need a serious working over on what is humour.

Personally speaking, i wouldnt mind brahmins being the subject of humour but not object of ridiculement.

Equating poor dhaal (paruppu) to s**t is pretty turgid sense of humour, if at all it needs to be given the label.

American Iyers who wrote this - Grow up puhlease & develop your sense of humour. K Brigade are a lot better than this.

The article surely appears to be written by Iyer-hater. Wikipedia has no system of banning ridicule ,malicious and spiteful content.

Well, if the intention was to be humourous, they couldnt have been more off the mark.

I could sense the *urge to be humourous* but humour without class is crass.

These guys need a serious working over on what is humour.

Personally speaking, i wouldnt mind brahmins being the subject of humour but not object of ridiculement.

Equating poor dhaal (paruppu) to s**t is pretty turgid sense of humour, if at all it needs to be given the label.

American Iyers who wrote this - Grow up puhlease & develop your sense of humour. K Brigade are a lot better than this.

Guys!
This doesn't look like Wikipedia, in which anybody can go in and modify the contents. I agree with Hari; the guys who wrote this thought they were funny; some 'wannabe' writers for the late-night shows! These could be some ABCD! (American Born Confused Desis). They are definitely confused! Self-deprecating humor is good; however, to quote Hari, "humor without class is crass". Good one! Hari!

Last edited:
changed the contents!

I went in and took out some of the offensive language (about Paruppu.....). I guess anyone can go in and change it. It did take my changes. Changed "brinjal" to "eggplant" for the American lingo!

I like the site. May be my years in residential schools and colleges where there were hardly any Tamil Brahmins and having been an avid fan of "MAD" magazine have made me like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back