• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Unity among brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear balaiyer2. I can very well understand your sentiments. The problem plaguing the Tamil Brahmins is lack of unity. They are still carrying over the old enmity of Cholas and Pandyas.

Tanjore Iyers think they are superior to Thirunelveli Iyers. In many cities they have separate associations. Till the present generation inter-marriage between them was rare. Even now it is not common.

Vadamas think they are superior to other castes. Brahcharanam think they are superior to Choziyan, Vathima, and Mukkani. All of them think they are superior to the Sivacharyas. They are all Smarthas whereas the Sivacharyas are pure Saivas. You see the marriage advertisements to see the sub-caste and regional divide.

Then there is the age old rivalry between Iyer and Iyengar and Vadakali and Thenkalai.

The Acharyas are different. There is no unity among the Acharyas.

Most of the Brahmins welcomed the Aryan/Dravidian theory. They claim they are Aryans and the rest are all Dravidians. That theory which is fallacious has to be given a decent burial. We played into the hands of the Dravidian parties by most claiming that we are Aryans and some claiming they are Dravidians who got converted to Brahmins later.

All of us know that this lack of unity is true. But we are hiding our heads in the sand like ostriches.

When I was looking out for brides for my son, I placed an advertisement calling for any Brahmin. I received letters from Bihar, U.P, Punjab and Mahrashtra. Later on when I went on a pilgrimage to Pandharpur (Mahrashtra) the local Brahmins were enthusiastic about a marriage alliance.

All the Brahmins should unite.

Brahmins of the World Unite! You have nothing to lose but your Yajnopaveedham!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true Mr.Nacchinarkiniyan

GOLDEN WORDS ! - All the Brahmins should unite
UNITY IN DIVERSITY - that is GREAT INDIA and
on the other hand - COMPLEXITY and CAT FIGHTS amongst Brahmins
should not be tolerated !
Punish those who stay in the away of achieving this GOAL !

Last edited:
Brahmins, Unite!

Bravo, Thiru Nacchinarkiniyan, Bravo!
I can only dream! (unity among us!)

Dear balaiyer2. I can very well understand your sentiments. The problem plaguing the Tamil Brahmins is lack of unity. They are still carrying over the old enmity of Cholas and Pandyas.

Tanjore Iyers think they are superior to Thirunelveli Iyers. In many cities they have separate associations. Till the present generation inter-marriage between them was rare. Even now it is not common.

Vadamas think they are superior to other castes. Brahcharanam think they are superior to Choziyan, Vathima, and Mukkani. All of them think they are superior to the Sivacharyas. They are all Smarthas whereas the Sivacharyas are pure Saivas. You see the marriage advertisements to see the sub-caste and regional divide.

Then there is the age old rivalry between Iyer and Iyengar and Vadakali and Thenkalai.

Most of the Brahmins welcomed the Aryan/Dravidian theory. They claim they are Aryans and the rest are all Dravidians. That theory which is fallacious has to be given a decent burial. We played into the hands of the Dravidian parties by most claiming that we are Aryans and some claiming they are Dravidians who got converted to Brahmins later.

All of us know that this lack of unity is true. But we are hiding our heads in the sand like ostriches.

When I was looking out for brides for my son, I placed an advertisement calling for any Brahmin. I received letters from Bihar, U.P, Punjab and Mahrashtra. Later on when I went on a pilgrimage to Pandharpur (Mahrashtra) the local Brahmins were enthusiastic about a marriage alliance.

Sir,
The truth is Chola land is more prosperous.Mother Cauvery blesses this beautiful land.There is dignity,depth ,poise and beauty in the way cauvery flows through the chola land.All the human faculties and gifts have flowered and reached fruitition in the famed chola land.

I am not condoning chola imperialism.

If you want to find out common things among human beings you can find them. But if you are trying to locate differences, you will find any number of them. It depends are your outlook.

We are a community. A community is one where there is some common interest/goals It could be stamp-collecting, trekking or anything else.

I am an active member of some communities where the members are all from different parts of the world. Though all of them are U.S. based and U.S. centric the contributions of all are welcomed and appreciated. The fact that most members are WASPs does not make an iota of difference. My being an Indian has not prevented me from reaching the top. We are bound by our common interest and the belief that our work will benefit humanity.

Here we have a goal. Betterment of the Tamil Brahmin community. We have a lot in common.

To bring about unity among the Tamil Brahmins, the first thing we have to do is to find out what is in common.

1. Our mother tongue is Thamizh. It is immaterial whether one is able to read or write Thamizh. Some may speak Kimil, Mimil, Emil and any of the dialects prevalent throughout the world. Since spoken Thamizh has the distinction of varying from street to street it does not really matter.

2. We identify themselves as Brahmins. Our food habits and religious observances do not matter.

I request the members to continue.

Please note that we are not here to decide who is superior to whom or what should the ideal Brahmin do. Though we do have other forums for discussing our customs and religion, that is not the main purpose.

Last edited:
Ego

nacchinarkiniyan
basically bramins are ego persons... we need to avoid that ego..This is one of the major draw back of our community... ego among our self

All human being have Ego. Ahamkara. Some have inflated Egos.

Hinduism talks a lot about controlling your ego. That is the way to salvation.

A Brahmin should be in a better position than others to control his ego.

The Great Divide

One of the main reasons for the present state of Brahmins is what I would call the Great Divide.

The Brahmins who have made it in life (money, power etc) tend to look down upon the poorer Brahmins with contempt. At the best it is a condescending attitude.

On the other hand the poor Brahmin has not only contempt but also a thirst for revenge against the richer Brahmins. According to him the rich and successful Brahmin is the main enemy of the Brahmins.

The main reason for this state of affairs could be the change from an Agricultural Society to Industrial society. Earlier we were all staying in Agraharams where the rich and the poor stayed together. It was quite common to find a cook and a judge as neighbors. The richest man in the village stayed next to a Sasthirigal. Though the size of the houses did vary they did not dress differently nor their food habits different.
They were bound by the common culture.

In this atmosphere it was easy for the poorer Brahmins to get help. In my village most of the Brahmins were lower middle class or poor. But I do not think any Brahmin boy stopped studying because of want of funds.

Morality is a weapon in the hands of the middle class to malign the rich. We have something called Middle class values. Generally Brahmins tend to stick to these values even after becoming rich. But more and more Brahmins are moving away from this.

It concerns the community because the communication between the rich and poorer Brahmins has broken down. I do not know what percentage of the rich and sophisticated Brahmins are members of *******.

Once my Rotary club had offered a scholarship to a poor Brahmin boy. I had recommended his name. But I was shocked when the boy refused the financial help. Later on he told me "Mama, we are not poor. Only our family is big. That is all. I do not need ...." He used very uncomplimentary words for my fellow Rotarians.

The richer Brahmins are not affected by the reservation policy. But the others are. As a community we have to find a way to bridge this divide.

Agreed Mr.Nacchi ,

If a person is not happy with a certain thing or action

He should think of ways and means to come out of the situation!

There are simple solutions , rather than breaking our head against the wall of reversing reservations ! , forget about it ! focus some where else !
Why most of the talking is about " doing something closer to impossible "
why I say this is ...
Let us assume that u have managed to get a special quota for Brahmins in our system ! what happens next !
Only 2 percent of the Jobs in TN are govt jobs! the rest is pvt !!
These guys need to be morally strong to go through the education system with " Teasers " and " Leg pullers" in the society !
Do u think the youth hailing from a poor brahmin family has the capacity and strength to come out of the education course with flying colours defying all odds ??
This forum is a typical example of what's happening in our community !
there's no unity and as u've mentioned the strong and the rich brahmins make mockery out of the poor one's !

The need of the hour is first to inculcate " Mental strength " and boost up the confidence of the " Poor brahmins " , making them believe that " they are not alone " and we are there ! behind them to protect them !

Last edited:
The need of the hour is first to inculcate " Mental strength " and boost up the confidence of the " Poor brahmins " , making them believe that " they are not alone " and we are there ! behind them to protect them !

Yes. that is what we should do.

Though it is true that once upon a time not long back there were One Iyer, one Moopanar, and one Udayar who were the biggest landowners in Tamil Nadu, the majority of the Brahmins then were poor.

If you have real statistics to compare the conditions of the Tamil Brahmins 50 years back and now, you will find that most of the Brahmins have moved up from lower middle and poor class to Upper middle class.

Why do we only remember the Mirasudar who went by Vil Vandi to Kumbakonam in the afternoon and spent his time playing cards in the Kumbakonam club and then visited .... and returned home late in the night? Those feudal days are not going to come back.

We should remember people like Sir. P.S. Sivaswamy Iyer who studied under the street lamp. This is one story we all read because it emphasized the fact that "Krravanukku Chendra Idamellam Chirappu."

Periyar E. Ve. Raa used to exhort his followers to follow the example of Brahmins who will sit down and study in the evening. He used to say "Avangalai Parru patiunkada" or something similar.

When we were young we were all proud that in many universities and schools the top rankers were all Brahmins. They did not get there because they were Brahmins. But by merit.

When was the last time you heard a Tamil Brahmin coming first in SSLC or in an University? It is not because of the competition. There was an article about 10 years back in one of the Tamil magazines (which was pro Brahmin at that time) where the author had called for scrapping reservations. The reasons he gave was the statistics for the last 2 years which revealed that more than 80% of the open seats in Professional colleges were taken by the O.B.C. Even if the reservations were removed (he proved with his statistics) more than 75% of the seats will be taken by the O.B.C.

I do not think the Brahmins have become morally weak. But the Brahmins should not succumb to a feeling of being overwhelmed. Education and only Education is the salvation for Brahmins. It has alwys been so and will remain so.

Please do not expect me to sympathize with a Tamil Brahmin who has failed 5 times in SSLC.

Last edited:
It is evident that Brahmins have superior genes and are born with a powerful Brain , thanks to the " Evolutionary process ".
The point however is " How much of the Grey matter is used to make the most in this world? " depends entirely on the circumstance in which the boy grows up ! , his nurturing ! the mental strength reinforced by his parents and the other members of his society , his ability to analyse things , decision making ability !
So many factors are responsible !
Education is purely academic , " Yettu sorakkai" !
As u've mentioned in ur earlier mails , once on ur career path u move across oceans , find ur self amidst people of different faiths , then comes really the test of ur strength !
One needs to be Broad minded and to face the world with confidence, which can be gained only through practical exposure !
Education teaches only the theory and now a days Moral science is an optional subject !

There was a time when Brahmins could get a job based only on their caste. Private companies in Tamil Nadu used to employ people solely on that basis. Of course you have to belong to a particular village and sub-sect. I know of the days when none of the Madras IIT graduates could get a job in the private sector in Madras.

But when competition increased they had to employ qualified professionals or get liquidated. Again we could accommodate the Buddhu Brahmin as a peon. Lots of Brahmins have worked as peons. But then there are also problems associated with that.

Education could be anything. Not degree alone. Other skills. We have talked about it earlier.

This is more of a social reformation. But as individuals we can encourage the poor Brahmins we know to study well. I do agree that the educated unemployment is very high in India.

BTW what that writer of the article I mentioned was trying to prove was that reservations do not really help the OBC also. They are also being taken for a ride by the politicians. A number of studies have come out showing how reservations have not helped the Dalits.

6% of population in Tamil Nadu

One of the main reasons for the present state of Brahmins is what I would call the Great Divide.

The Brahmins who have made it in life (money, power etc) tend to look down upon the poorer Brahmins with contempt. At the best it is a condescending attitude.

On the other hand the poor Brahmin has not only contempt but also a thirst for revenge against the richer Brahmins. According to him the rich and successful Brahmin is the main enemy of the Brahmins.

The main reason for this state of affairs could be the change from an Agricultural Society to Industrial society. Earlier we were all staying in Agraharams where the rich and the poor stayed together. It was quite common to find a cook and a judge as neighbors. The richest man in the village stayed next to a Sasthirigal. Though the size of the houses did vary they did not dress differently nor their food habits different.
They were bound by the common culture.

In this atmosphere it was easy for the poorer Brahmins to get help. In my village most of the Brahmins were lower middle class or poor. But I do not think any Brahmin boy stopped studying because of want of funds.

Morality is a weapon in the hands of the middle class to malign the rich. We have something called Middle class values. Generally Brahmins tend to stick to these values even after becoming rich. But more and more Brahmins are moving away from this.

It concerns the community because the communication between the rich and poorer Brahmins has broken down. I do not know what percentage of the rich and sophisticated Brahmins are members of *******.

Once my Rotary club had offered a scholarship to a poor Brahmin boy. I had recommended his name. But I was shocked when the boy refused the financial help. Later on he told me "Mama, we are not poor. Only our family is big. That is all. I do not need ...." He used very uncomplimentary words for my fellow Rotarians.

The richer Brahmins are not affected by the reservation policy. But the others are. As a community we have to find a way to bridge this divide.

Nacchinarkiniyan

See as per my understanding our percentage in tamil nadu is 6% still we have 27% balance for open quota(Studies)... why not all 6% can occupy in that position more over... what u said is correct our main enemy is rich bramins(This i tought earlier).but now a days people are ready to help and understand the current politics.. .. we need to move with them very kindly and supress our ego's... so that they will help us...

i dont know really where we are lacking in finance or knowledge... if in knowledge we need to study more and fight to get the things..

As per my analysis we are not having fighting quality(not by physically). one non bramin person is getting 86 marks we need to fight to come up to 90%... i belive we have enought knowledge in our studies to achive the things...Financially we can get loans etc..

Now onwards we will see all the things positive and do the things well in our rear future.

Cant figure out the logic if there is one.

what u said is correct our main enemy is rich bramins(This i tought earlier).but now a days people are ready to help and understand the current politics.. .. we need to move with them very kindly and supress our ego's... so that they will help us...

Darn...

Rich brahmins are enemies !!!!

For chrissake or krishnasake can we get real puhlease ?

Talk of enmity in a thread seemingly started to propagate unity gives me such a heady spin which possibly would beat a Tequila shot hands down.

Isnt it oxymoronish to talk about enmity and unity in the same breath ?

Agreed. The wallets of Brahmins who can afford don’t open that easily. But are they ‘enemies’ for this reason ? I can’t quite figure that out.

No one is going to turn philanthropical overnight. Also I deem it is the right of anyone who contributes for a cause to evaluate the merits of the cause dis-passionately and establish its veracity. Before actually contributing.

I find it impractical and perhaps leaning on failed communist ideal that it is the DESIGNATED DUTY of a well-to-do-guy to share his booty. For godsake if he has done well in life on his own effort, why should anyone hold it against him ?

Having said that, I am not in favour of ostentatious consumption either. But I wouldn’t for that matter *legislate* as UPA was threatening to, to curb conspicuous consumption.

Last month, a copy of some magazine came free, along with the edition of Business Today. The free mag was all about style, fashion, money etc… with shoes ranging from Rs. 30,000 to pens costing few lakhs etc.. You know the stuff for the ultra-rich.

As I was glancing thru it, I could feel a sense of guilt developing in the pit of my stomach. No, my bank account is not stash with funds, but the uneasy feeling was more on the fact that how people could throw money so lavishly.

So I am no different in terms of my *personal opposition* to ostentation. Brevity is my mantra but the point is we cannot impose it on anyone.

So to the ultra-rich – Let us….Appeal to his intuition….Appeal to his instinct….Appeal to his conscience….Remind him of his power to change few lives….Show him what difference he can make….

But not deride him as an Enemy.

I don’t think that is a path to his heart in any case and doesn’t appeal to be a good strategy to get him over to our side.

Suppress our ego ?

Eh ? What are we talking about here ? So are you recommending that we win someone over by acting phony ?

Genuine-ss is such a key ingredient in fostering unity. We cannot / should not approach anyone with an intention of *use-and-throw*.

Let us shed such narcissist notions and get real in dealing with people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Nacchi ,

Experiences , So diverse ! but i learnt a basic lesson in life from a part time Farmer ! which i want to share with u !

I had 2 people in the same rank of my bosses , one a brahmin and another a person from BC , a part time farmer who had his own land and who was
mannin mainthan !!

Both had big boys , the brahmin boss's son finished his + 2 with high percentage of marks . The other person's son failed in 10th standard , at the same time !
I've seen both these boys , the brahmin boy is tall and huge but was always tentative , worrying most of the time if he could get into IIT's and what subjects to chose ! Not interested in anything but academics , that's the way his dad brought him up!
The other boy was of normal stature. moderately built but talked of general things like politics , about friends and everthing except academics.
When both the fathers met , the brahmin boys father started giving advise to the other person telling him that..
This is the reason why i have been reiterating the importance of inculcating discipline in the minds of your children ! He said i wake my child up at 4:00 AM and see to it that he studies , studies and studies !
I was there witnessing this dialogue b/w my ex-bosses!
He also went on saying" Now there's no point regretting !"

For this statement, the other person was smiling and without taking tension answered , i have no worries , sir !
My son is big enough , i came to know that he has lost interest in studies but is interested in farming . He can independently manage his life with the other people in the farm and i left the choice to him , to decide his future !

The other brahmin boy's father came the next day worried - he was upset that his son could not get the discipline he wanted in the IIT , so he had to make a choice for some other discipline in IIT or to chose some other college ! The worries never seemed to end for this dad!

I learnt a lesson from this experience , U just need to be practically aware of things around u , to be able to know the basics of things - have hands on experience in repairing your car , in plumbing work , in replacing power supply switch boards , carpentry work .. whatever possible !
This gives u practical knowledge and a world of exposure ! Just a book worm cannot survive in this competitive world!

Let me quote my post

I never said that the rich Brahmins are the enemy. In fact I want to remove this misunderstanding.

Again I said

The rich and the very poor do not bother much about the so called Middle class values. So they are not much bothered about the state of the community.

The rich help individually known people or donate to charitable organizations with 80G benefit. All our Peetams and Vedapatashalas are mostly financed by the Rich.

The community will benefit immensely if the divide is bridged. It requires tolerance of non-conformism on the part of the middle class and more understanding on the part of the rich.

every one need money

Darn...

Rich brahmins are enemies !!!!

For chrissake or krishnasake can we get real puhlease ?

Talk of enmity in a thread seemingly started to propagate unity gives me such a heady spin which possibly would beat a Tequila shot hands down.

Isnt it oxymoronish to talk about enmity and unity in the same breath ?

Agreed. The wallets of Brahmins who can afford don’t open that easily. But are they ‘enemies’ for this reason ? I can’t quite figure that out.

No one is going to turn philanthropical overnight. Also I deem it is the right of anyone who contributes for a cause to evaluate the merits of the cause dis-passionately and establish its veracity. Before actually contributing.

I find it impractical and perhaps leaning on failed communist ideal that it is the DESIGNATED DUTY of a well-to-do-guy to share his booty. For godsake if he has done well in life on his own effort, why should anyone hold it against him ?

Having said that, I am not in favour of ostentatious consumption either. But I wouldn’t for that matter *legislate* as UPA was threatening to, to curb conspicuous consumption.

Last month, a copy of some magazine came free, along with the edition of Business Today. The free mag was all about style, fashion, money etc… with shoes ranging from Rs. 30,000 to pens costing few lakhs etc.. You know the stuff for the ultra-rich.

As I was glancing thru it, I could feel a sense of guilt developing in the pit of my stomach. No, my bank account is not stash with funds, but the uneasy feeling was more on the fact that how people could throw money so lavishly.

So I am no different in terms of my *personal opposition* to ostentation. Brevity is my mantra but the point is we cannot impose it on anyone.

So to the ultra-rich – Let us….Appeal to his intuition….Appeal to his instinct….Appeal to his conscience….Remind him of his power to change few lives….Show him what difference he can make….

But not deride him as an Enemy.

I don’t think that is a path to his heart in any case and doesn’t appeal to be a good strategy to get him over to our side.

Suppress our ego ?

Eh ? What are we talking about here ? So are you recommending that we win someone over by acting phony ?

Genuine-ss is such a key ingredient in fostering unity. We cannot / should not approach anyone with an intention of *use-and-throw*.

Let us shed such narcissist notions and get real in dealing with people.

see hari every one needs finance... finance is important in the current economy. Every one want to grow in their career... Previous days say before 40 yrs we worked only with our people. Now a days we are working with different culture people every with different race of people like american, autralian, african etc...
We the people are seeing the world how other community are helping to their community... say for example why this karuna & ramadas wants to implement reservation... like that our community people are now understanding the difficulty of ours problems.. but we are minor in our place that the problem now... although our voice are in high pitch i will be neglected..

in once case nachi said his lione's club member is ready to help but that guy is not willing to accept... so u tell me in that case who will try to help..

more over in our tamilnadu dam rich bramins are countable out of 10 only one person u can find.. and remaining are middle class people... that to they can not able to copup with the current economy...

sriniranga wrote

i dont know really where we are lacking in finance or knowledge... if in knowledge we need to study more and fight to get the things..

As per my analysis we are not having fighting quality(not by physically). one non bramin person is getting 86 marks we need to fight to come up to 90%... i belive we have enought knowledge in our studies to achive the things...Financially we can get loans etc..

Now onwards we will see all the things positive and do the things well in our rear future.
I am in total agreement.

I can immediately recall at least half a dozen rich Brahmins who have helped the community. I am not saying you should go and beg them. Definitely not. Accept if it is given in good spirit.

Nay wittha kasu kuraikkathu.

But please refrain from the often heard comments

1. Morning he comes to the madam, evening he will be in the club.
2. These whiskey drinking, meat eating people.
3. You know he drinks whiskey only in silver tumbler. Madi you know.

Such comments does not help the community.

Note: If my comments hurt the sentiments of anyone, I am sorry. These and even stronger comments have been heard by me.

Quote -- >Getting Real in dealing with people !

As far as I know the persons who hold the " Hundial " or " Donation receipts" either take the name of GOD for creating the fear amongst the thaikulam especially - implying that " If u don't donate, GOD will poke ur eyes, punish u !" This amman is very powerful !

or undergo the process of taking donations under the backup of a political party - accumulating funds for the party ! If u don't donate , think twice and decide , can u see the muscle men behind ! why on earth do you think i spend money to feed 5 litres of milk and 25 eggs to each one of them ??

So If a middle class man comes and asks for donation , 1008 questions are asked and he will undergo mental agony , before he can get a 10 rupee note donated by someone ! They'll advise him about how to do savings, how to run his life in a economical way and what not !

Yes i agree , the middle class are the ones who need help and have their egos behind them preventing them from reaching for help !

How to reach them ?

i agree ur word

sriniranga wrote

I am in total agreement.

I can immediately recall at least half a dozen rich Brahmins who have helped the community. I am not saying you should go and beg them. Definitely not. Accept if it is given in good spirit.

Nay wittha kasu kuraikkathu.

But please refrain from the often heard comments

1. Morning he comes to the madam, evening he will be in the club.
2. These whiskey drinking, meat eating people.
3. You know he drinks whiskey only in silver tumbler. Madi you know.

Such comments does not help the community.

Note: If my comments hurt the sentiments of anyone, I am sorry. These and even stronger comments have been heard by me.
nachhi
i agree ur words... those are bad things which could not do if u are following the principle of bramins...this is in one hand... in other hand we can not interfer in their personal interest... i am beliving that this type of habits maximum for 20% not all... it never mean i am supporting 20%... i am saying we should not do... u know now a days few of my non bramins are having clean habits... like no smoking, no drinking.. etc... really i am amased with those friends...

those money(drinking and other) we can spent to poor peoples education and food..

ignore

nachhi
i agree ur words... those are bad things which could not do if u are following the principle of bramins...this is in one hand... in other hand we can not interfer in their personal interest... i am beliving that this type of habits maximum for 20% not all... it never mean i am supporting 20%... i am saying we should not do... u know now a days few of my non bramins are having clean habits... like no smoking, no drinking.. etc... really i am amased with those friends...

those money(drinking and other) we can spent to poor peoples education and food..
ignore those people who are commenting... ingnore is much better than giving advice to them...

Dear sriniranga ,

Ignoring ! , closing ur eyes from the evil , from atrocities will not help in any way ! u r just postponing the event ! u r conscience will not forgive you !

There are 2 ways to handle this :

One way is the normal way to make the person understand his follies in a satvic manner ! The other is to make urself and ur generations to follow---> physically strong ! I have seen , in our community , most of the paati's are stronger and support the thatha;s during the old age ! It is because they have done more physical work !!

Why because the thatha , during his life developed only tummies eating ghee and 3 course meal - sambhar , rasam and thayir ! , did justice to our religion by doing all in line with our procedures !
but failed to see the importance of developing a physique , a muscular physique ? Why not ? Did the vedas prevent him from doing so ??

Since when did the gym-masters stop coaching brahmins , since when did GOD prevent brahmin ( even Vegetarian brahmins ) from being muscular , if proper exercise is done by them ??

At least , let us pass on this message to our next generation , let them spend time doing exercises and making them look just as the same in comparison to people from other sections of the society and not like songi's. i know many have changed , till date , and have gained more due to their muscular bodyline !!

That really matters!

Last edited:
learned in life

Dear sriniranga ,

Ignoring ! , closing ur eyes from the evil , from atrocities will not help in any way ! u r just postponing the event ! u r conscience will not forgive you !

There are 2 ways to handle this :

One way is the normal way to make the person understand his follies in a satvic manner ! The other is to make urself and ur generations to follow---> physically strong ! I have seen , in our community , most of the paati's are stronger and support the thatha;s during the old age ! It is because they have done more physical work !!

Why because the thatha , during his life developed only tummies eating ghee and 3 course meal - sambhar , rasam and thayir ! , did justice to our religion by doing all in line with our procedures !
but failed to see the importance of developing a physique , a muscular physique ? Why not ? Did the vedas prevent him from doing so ??

Since when did the gym-masters stop coaching brahmins , since when did GOD prevent brahmin ( even Vegetarian brahmins ) from being muscular , if proper exercise is done by them ??

At least , let us pass on this message to our next generation , let them spend time doing exercises and making them look just as the same in comparison to people from other sections of the society and not like songi's. i know many have changed , till date , and have gained more due to their muscular bodyline !!

That really matters!

vijay
for god sake... i learned this in my earlier life so i am going to gym for 2 hrs... even now also.. i am posting this message once i returned from gym...
i belive my generation and our comming generation to make physically competative to others . then we will come up in life that is sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back