• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Amavasai

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no specific THaligai, but there should be one dish prepared with Planatain. Ofcourse onion, garlic etc should not be used. Only one main meal is taken and at night Phalaharam(Actually fruits but nowadays tiffin items) are taken at night, Ramachander

Apart from what Mr Ramachander had to say, in my home, "English" vegetables arent cooked on Amavasai.

Carrots, Cauli Flower, Cabbage et all.

Kya funda maaraa !

'Cooking' and 'eating' are two seperate actions. The censorship applies to 'eating' too ?

Apart from what Mr Ramachander had to say, in my home, "English" vegetables arent cooked on Amavasai.

Carrots, Cauli Flower, Cabbage et all.

I totally agree with Hariharan. Somehow I forgot that, Ramachander

Cooking on Amavasai day

Hello

Quite disappointed to see rather mundane responses - evidently most of you who responded have very little idea. I was looking for some inspired or comprehensive postings.

We all know that 'English' vegetables are to be avoided, as well as Onion and Garlic.

In fact the recommended cooking says even asafoetida, chillies (green or red), dhania (dry or green) etc are to be avoided. And so is any dhal other than Moong (paasi paruppu). Among spices only Mustard, Urad Dhal and Jeera are allowed, along with Curry leaf. Recommended vegetables are Banana raw, Seppankizhangu, Ladies finger, cucumber.

I would appreciate if someone could improve on the above.

Regards

Hi everyone,
Just to know what's behind avoiding all these foods !
The best thing to do is to be on an empty stomach (fasting)
rather than to be choosy and take tension!
One can concentrate better if they're focussed without thinking of the cause and effect of what they have eaten , does to their bodies!
Correct me if I am wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back