• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dance..tvk

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear Mr. TVK :yo:

Thanks for the dance.

Such songs are difficult to choreograph since most of the words are praising

words with little scope for action and elaboration-especially when the song is

already a prerecorded popular one.

I am sure the lady in the red dress is the teacher and the other six are her

disciples. Want to know how I found it out? :)

Well I would have done the same thing if I danced with my students.

It is the secret of the trade... to occupy the prominent place on the stage and

do the abhinayam better than the others with more bhaavam. :thumb:

Waiting for more... :ear:

Another main problem is this !
Once the children go on the stage and get applause
they stop learning as they think that
there is NOTHING more to learn!!! :shocked:
In olden days when TV shows and contests did not exist,
the disciple will be drilled and made perfect before going on to the stage. :hail: :whip:

I have watched this video only a little bit and stopped.. I realy felt sorry for the little kid.. Such a tortures dressing and the the way in which encouraged on the stage is nothing but greed of the elders..

Saw this thread only now! What TVK Sir says is true.

I also feel the divine art is made a 'kElik kooththu' by the parents of the tiny tot! :pout:

The one year old could NOT even do
anjali mudra over her head!
BIG head and small arms!!! :)

i attended a half arangetram (!) of a 16 year old a few years ago.
she could not do 'arai madi' - fat belly short legs :)

btw is 'half arangetram' popular in chennai. here in toronto, it is for parents to show off girls who have supposed to have learned bharatanatyam, though not ready for a full arangetram, the parents put on a show, as the girl is giving up natyam to go out of home, to attend college. or plain truth, she is simply not interest ;)

I have watched this video only a little bit and stopped.. I realy felt sorry for the little kid.. Such a tortures dressing and the the way in which encouraged on the stage is nothing but greed of the elders..

TVK

the parents should be criminally charged of child abuse, and all the clapping idiots also sent to jail.

she could not do 'arai madi' - fat belly short legs

It is 'arai maNdi' = half of kneeling Kunjuppu Sir! :)

y18_1_a.jpg

Photo courtesy: Google images

In Sing. Chennai the first stage performance is called 'salangai poojai'. Students learn a few items to perform on stage

and give costly gifts to the dance tutor on that occasion. At times two or more students join to share the expenses like

rent for hall, lighting, audio etc.

mandi is thanjavur...madi is palghat..

we use madi to mean a lot.. just to confuse the kizhakeththavaa :)

madiyan is lazy guy

madi for the superstitious sense of ritual cleanliness

madi for the lap (hence arai madi where the lap is half bent..)..it was funny to see the fat girls do arai mandi too. i lol'd..much to the chagrin of mrs K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back