• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

கலப்புத் திருமணம்

Status
Not open for further replies.
கலப்புத் திருமணம்

கலப்புத் திருமணம் செய்யவில்லை என்றால் பெரும் பாவம் என்ற தோரணையில் டிவி சீரியல்களும், சினிமாவும் பறைசாற்றுகின்றன. சங்க காலக் காவியங்களும் முருகக் கடவுள் கதையும், அர்ஜுனன், அபிமன்யு கதைகளும் இதற்கு முன்னுதாரணமாய்க் காட்டப்படு கின்றன. ‘ஓடிப் போய் கல்யாணம்’ என்ற கல்ச்சரும் சகஜமாய் உள்ளது. சமீபத்தில் ஒரு செய்தியில் அழகிய பிராமண தமிழ்ப் பெண் வெளிநாட்டில் செட்டில் ஆகி கணவனுக்கு அசைவ சமையல் செய்துபோட்டு அசத்துகிறது என்று உள்ளது. "அய்யராத்துப் பொண்ணு மீன் விலையைக் கேட்டால் காதல் என்று அர்த்தம்" என்பது போல் எல்லாம் சினிமா பாட்டு, அதற்கு கைத்தட்டல் அபாரம். ஒரு சுத்தமான சூழ்நிலையில் வளர்ந்து விட்டு, வேறோர் வித்தியாசமான பழக்க வழக் கங்களில் வாழ நேர்வது எவ்வளவு கஷ்டம்? வளர்த்து ஆளாக்கிவிட்டு அழகு பார்க்கும் பெற்றோர் தகுந்த வரன் பார்த்து மணம் செய்து வைக்கும் வரை பொறுமை இல்லையே, ஏன் அப்படி? ஏழைப் பெற்றோர், வசதி உள்ளோர் என்ற வித்தியாசம் இல்லாமல் குழந்தை நலம் பேணுவது பெற்றோருக்கே உரிய சிறப்பு அல்லவா? இதை எப்போது உணர்ந்து எப்போது சரியாகும்?

Source:GANESAN, Chennai 600061

கலப்புத் திருமணம் செய்யவில்லை என்றால் பெரும் பாவம் என்ற தோரணையில் டிவி சீரியல்களும், சினிமாவும் பறைசாற்றுகின்றன. சங்க காலக் காவியங்களும் முருகக் கடவுள் கதையும், அர்ஜுனன், அபிமன்யு கதைகளும் இதற்கு முன்னுதாரணமாய்க் காட்டப்படு கின்றன. ‘ஓடிப் போய் கல்யாணம்’ என்ற கல்ச்சரும் சகஜமாய் உள்ளது. சமீபத்தில் ஒரு செய்தியில் அழகிய பிராமண தமிழ்ப் பெண் வெளிநாட்டில் செட்டில் ஆகி கணவனுக்கு அசைவ சமையல் செய்துபோட்டு அசத்துகிறது என்று உள்ளது. "அய்யராத்துப் பொண்ணு மீன் விலையைக் கேட்டால் காதல் என்று அர்த்தம்" என்பது போல் எல்லாம் சினிமா பாட்டு, அதற்கு கைத்தட்டல் அபாரம். ஒரு சுத்தமான சூழ்நிலையில் வளர்ந்து விட்டு, வேறோர் வித்தியாசமான பழக்க வழக் கங்களில் வாழ நேர்வது எவ்வளவு கஷ்டம்? வளர்த்து ஆளாக்கிவிட்டு அழகு பார்க்கும் பெற்றோர் தகுந்த வரன் பார்த்து மணம் செய்து வைக்கும் வரை பொறுமை இல்லையே, ஏன் அப்படி? ஏழைப் பெற்றோர், வசதி உள்ளோர் என்ற வித்தியாசம் இல்லாமல் குழந்தை நலம் பேணுவது பெற்றோருக்கே உரிய சிறப்பு அல்லவா? இதை எப்போது உணர்ந்து எப்போது சரியாகும்?

Source:GANESAN, Chennai 600061

Dear Shri Narasimhan,

This is a topic which has been discussed threadbare and perhaps threadestbare in this Forum, more than once. You can find them if you spend a little time in search.

While the reality seems to be that girls and women want to enjoy their new-found freedom and individuality, without any limit whatsoever, boys and males of marriable age are overcome by their hormone surge and the "mating instinct" overrules every other sense. It is this mating upsurge which has been packaged as "Love" or காதல் and its synonyms in different languages, imo. Today, the law of the land is also unduly supporting the female.

In such a scenario, my advise to parents with sons or/and daughters to be married, is that allow your daughter to marry as per her wish (and calmly bear all the consequences, if they ensue) and try to advise your son/s not to be very particular about getting married, especially if they don't come in the most favoured category like M.Tech/Ph. D., IT sector job, not lessthan Rs.2 lakhs per month income, settling down abroad if the girl so wishes, etc. Sometimes your son may ask you some inconvenient questions about why he alone should forego the (supposed) pleasures of married life. I leave it to your resourcefulness to answer such questions.

narasimhan,

i think, if wives cook non veg foods, it is because they dont mind it. i have seen many families, where the wife is a tambram veg, and the kids and hubby tambram non veg. the wife has no problem cooking, and cleaning up afterwards.

it is after all food.

and in many cases, the non veg tambram folks eat outside the home. that too is seen today. both in india and abroad.

and there are veg muslims (i know a couple) and whites (i know quite a few).

i think food preference, now a days, has become one of choice, more than one of strictures.

meanwhile, dont take it too seriously about ayyaraathu maami buying fish. probably a few around there :)

Dear Mr.Sangom,
Thank you for bringing to my notice that this matter had been already discussed threadsbare at a
high level of elite and affluent sections to which persons of your caliber belong. All those things
were settled amongst you people. So you are not interested now. Then you are free to ignore this thread and need not worry about. I am worried about our communities middle class people. Thank you once again for your advice.

first of all i wish dissociate myself from this video below.

the topic is ofcourse intercaste marriages - no brahmins involved here. it is between dalit and vanniars - the area of numerous clashes, murders, arson and politicking, these days in tamil nadu.

this is an interview in makkaL TV, which is owned by PMK, with Kaduvetti (!) Guru, a political heavyweight within the party, and one of its strongarm.

i found it hilarious, except that it is not funny. it is very dangerous and sad, these types of talks, broadcasted on TV. i am quite sure, the sentiments expressed by Guru, is not unlike, some of our own, not approving our girls' marrying out of caste.

no matter what, in anyway you look at it, it is entertainment. of a sort anyway.

Kaduvetti Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back