• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Citizen Number - Are we ready for it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lotus_quartz

We all have several numbers allotted to us by various organs of the state and by various other agencies. At times, it becomes difficult to keep track of all these numbers.

Some of the numbers include Personnel Number, PF Account Number, Driving License Number, Phone Number, Passport Number, Bank Account Number, Examination Roll Number, Mobile Number etc. etc.

Has anyone pondered whether it is practical to have a single number like 'national citizenship number' and all computers could have records of this number as unique Id for a person ?

Dear Brother,Sri L-Q Ji,

The reason from the American point of view is that we do not trust that our government should have total control about our identities. We, Americans, do not have faith in our Government to have wisdom as to how it handles our total identity. This is why we have our privacy laws, and again, this was the reason the 9/11 happened.

I do not know about Indian laws, but as an American, I would very much support the laws that restrict my government's kmowledge/control about myself as a citizen. And this has been a very long standing tradition, ingrained in the culture of my country, that led to our independence.

We as people, tend to think that the government is usually ineficient and bad and so we do not like to entrust our private information with them!

Does this make sense?

Pranams,
KRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back