• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Trinetra Dasabhuja Anjaneya

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am R.V.Nagarajan and a retired Govt. of India official. Presently, I am staying at Mumbai.
Two days ago, I wrote in the introductory column of Tamil brahmins about Trinetra Dasabhuja Anjaneyar temple locted at Anantamangalam village near Tirukadaiyur in Nagai Dist. But due to some technical problem, it could not be transmitted.
Though my forefathers lived in Porayar, still I have roots there.
This Anjaneyar I am mentioning about is an unique Murthy (idol) with three eyes and 10 hands. Legend states that Lord Hanuman was sent on a special mission by Lord Ram to destroy two asuras, who were hiding in the bottom of the sea after the war in Srilanka. A detailed description of the whole story would run into several pages. Hence giving only the background of the existence of this unique Anjaneyar temple at Anantamangalam with such special features. I request the community elders, philathoropists, vedic scholars and other Hanuman devotees to take initiative to spread the glory of this Anjaneyar, which may not be in the knowledge of many of our Hindu/bretherns located even in Tamil Nadu or the surrounding districts. As you know, Our North Indian Hindu brethern are the greatest devotees of lord Hanuman and follow the rituals devotedly on every Tuesday by observing fast etc. Hence, let us all join together to accomplish this religious task of spreading the glory of this form of Lord Hanuman in different parts of India by establishing such temples initially in some major Metros and prominent cities. My mail id [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back