• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Orphaned adoptee..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am existentially Non-existent.

I have been like this for the past 3 months and nobody seems to care about me. I am remaining a mute spectator to all the unholy happenings around me.

The fanfare with which my presence was celebrated here is still in my memories. It was just 5 months back. Actually this place was without me, suffering, for long time.

All the people in this area wanted me to be here. They worked tirelessly and requested all authorities, politicians, MLA's, ministers and even the chief minister. But no one could get my presence over here in this place.

What matters is not the darshan that u get, but the darshan that I give. And people gave up after some time, resigned to their fate.

What happens when I am not there in any place, happened here also. This place became a cursed place.

That was the time the corporation commissioner's daughter entered +2. The all important, career defining, education milestone in India. In its impact, it is much higher than a graduate, post-graduate or PHD program for all Indian parents.

Since his daughter was weak in mathematics, he started searching for a special tuition master for mathematics. His daughter was getting special coaching in other subjects too. But he wanted super-special coaching for mathematics, as his daughter needed to measure up much more in mathematics. After all, he had the responsibility to make her get centum in mathematics. Otherwise his OC status would not allow his daughter to get into the cream of the colleges.

And he found Balasubramanian, who specializes in making students get centum in state-board +2 mathematics. Balasubramanian's time-slots were completely full and he could give only 7:30pm to 9:00 pm batch for commissioner's daughter.

That is the point of time, Commissioner realized the value of my presence at that place. He immediately ordered my installation, near his daughter's tuition center, so that his daughter is able to get 100% in mathematics.

Then came the celebration.

The local municipal corporator distributed notices to all the houses, taking credit for bringing me over there. He thanked the people for their co-operation.

This incensed the local party MLA. He made a notice board, which praised him for meeting the long-standing demand of the local populace. He put the notice board next to me and such a way that people travelling on that road can see his face and read his contribution as they are travelling.

After all he is bothered about his image on a larger size of population.

In another 10 days time, there was a function in which the CM attended. Immediately the MLA placed a bigger board next to me, that proclaimed that the chief-minister worked hard to bring me alive to this place. It praised the chief minister's tireless work and magnanimous mind in granting the people's wishes and making me a reality.

The board was well decorated and strategically located so that it could catch the chief ministers attention, while going to the function.

I was already thrilled at my adoption by the corporator and MLA. But the moment, the MLA gave me out on adoption to the Chief-Minister, my excitement knew no bounds. At any stage of life, adoption by powerful personalities brings us all fortune and glory.

I was pampered, I should say. Even the crows dare not touch me during those days. They were the heydays of my life.

I was rejoicing at the way I was looked after. I contributed my might to keep the place safe and people happy.

That was the time, when the +2 examinations got over and holidays started. One day something happened. I did not know what it was. But I had become existentially non-existent.

Being a Chief-Minster's adoption, I thought I will be brought back to life fast. May be some hours. But hours passed, days passed, weeks passed and even months passed. Nothing happened. I continue to remain in the same state of neglect.

The commissioner's daughter no longer comes here, as her utility for this place is over. The MLA has removed the board and put the same board in some other place. Even the 'CM' board has been removed. It is lying in MLA's house's backyard.

I realized that adoption by famous personalities has its own risk. Any moment they can disown the adoption and we are left to fend for ourselves.

Over a period, the darkness has overcome this place again and all unholy activities have resumed. This place is no longer a safe place again. I am a mute spectator to all the shady dealings of this society.

Every dog has its day. I also had my day. I have only a head. If I had arms, I would have taken the Municipal corporator, MLA and the CM by the scruff of their neck and showed them my fused out brain. Have theirs also got fused..? I would have asked..

I am deaf and dumb. But I can't stop using un-parliamentary but assembly suitable (not recordable) words on those who have left me like this. But who hears..? Who cares...?
I am an angry street light. An orphaned adoptee.

-TBT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back