• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shivaji-What a hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubte vendam

The countdown has started. Shivaji is going to be released on 15th June.
Massive budget, combination of Rajni, Shankar, ARR and AVM productions.
A lot to expect. But Baba maathiri oothikkumaa?

All you guys are pushing me towards the 500 mark in posting.

Nevertheless,

Thirumathi Kothai avargale :

Baba was "conceptually" bad. How can "Rajni" of all people depend on divine help. May be the story could have been twisted like : Kailaya malai shivan seeking help of Rajni to do "vadham". Then it would have worked.

That fate will not befell Shivaji.

- Shivaji la onnu illa motham naalu periya mindu ; Shivaji varuvan naalu
roundu

- Koormaiya irundha dhan adhu por vaal ; Rajni padam nale adhu oodum 200
naal

- 17 dhadava poradi jeychavan ghajini ; baba flop aanalum shivaji la vetri
tharuvaru rajni

LQ : Baba was an earlier (mis)adventure of Rajni. He (apparently) wanted to quit movies but had to continue acting after the movie bombed for reasons stated above.

My! Have you won creative writing/poetry contests in the past, Hari?

Every line is packed with humor.

Thoroughly enjoyed this.

Chintana

All you guys are pushing me towards the 500 mark in posting.

Nevertheless,

Thirumathi Kothai avargale :

Baba was "conceptually" bad. How can "Rajni" of all people depend on divine help. May be the story could have been twisted like : Kailaya malai shivan seeking help of Rajni to do "vadham". Then it would have worked.

That fate will not befell Shivaji.

- Shivaji la onnu illa motham naalu periya mindu ; Shivaji varuvan naalu
roundu

- Koormaiya irundha dhan adhu por vaal ; Rajni padam nale adhu oodum 200
naal

- 17 dhadava poradi jeychavan ghajini ; baba flop aanalum shivaji la vetri
tharuvaru rajni

LQ : Baba was an earlier (mis)adventure of Rajni. He (apparently) wanted to quit movies but had to continue acting after the movie bombed for reasons stated above.

Hero worship?

Dear Hari
Looks like you are an ardent fan of 'super star'....here(melbourne) the movie will be relased on 11th.....all the tickets are sold out......much expectation........hope 'thalaivar' gives you all a good treat...

Nandriyudan
Bagya

Vow, Great Punch Dialogues!

Maanbumigu Thiru Hari Avargale,
I am trying to call Rajni to recommend you as the dialogue writer for his next film. Yours will supercede all the previous punch dialogues of his films.
Mr.LQ,
Baba is not a person. It was the greatest flop film of Rajni in the past 2 decades. It was also given a lot of media hype and phusssssssss. He had to compensate for the loss of the distributors .
But for Chandramukhi, Rajni would have been in Himalayas now. In Chandramukhi also, it was not the Rajni's charisma that brought success. Rather it was the story value, Jothika's marvellous performance and ARR obviously.
Mr.Bagya,
How is it that it is released 4 days before in Melbourne? I thought films get released in other states and other countries somedays after they get released in their home place.

Baba was a flop indeed. But got to give credit to the guy - he repaid all his distributors and bore such a heavy loss.

Thanks | State of affairs

Chintana,

Thanks.

I have not won any prizes but i did dabble with serious poetry when i was in college. But i couldn't be supported at home given the pressing economic conditions. When i realized it, i packed my poetry bag & got serious with academic study.

Today, i do pen some fun stuff at office for circulation amongst close colleagues (latest being on JADA TV - assuming JAyalalithaa & DAyanidhi come together)

Ms Kothai,

Thanks.

Whatever i wrote is not even a patch on what Sujatha is capable of writing. Crazy Mohan is good but Sujatha does pack a punch. ("Anju kaasu thirudina thappa")

Ms Bagya,

I am not an ardent fan of Rajini though i like him as a person for some of his attributes. For starters he doesn't act intellectually snobbish like Kamal. His films are VFM - Value for Money, though not high on finer aspects of cinema. He has got a superb sense & body language for humour.

I actually think he is an enigma worth perhaps instituting a Chair in Madras University to analyse why he is so popular. Is it because of the confidence that Rajini gives to the average tamilian thru his success which he has got despite his shortcomings ? I wonder.

One thing about Rajini which amazes me most is the instant chord he strikes with today's kids. My friend's 3 year old daugter adores him, though she doesn't know his other credentials. For her, he is simply Rajini Uncle.

It is no surprise that Melbourne would screen the movie even before Tamil nadu would. Clearly the World is Flat. However when Geography is becoming History between Nations, trouble in linguistically divided India is simmering. Isn't it sad that Bangalore 300 kms west of Chennai, wouldn't screen the movie till about 7 weeks from June 15 while several miles may Melbourne will screen it even before the official launch. Shape of things to come !

Considering the southern penchant for awarding free Doctorate degrees, why not institute a Hospital (in place of a mere 'Chair') in Madras University to house all those 'Doctors' ?

I actually think he is an enigma worth perhaps instituting a Chair in Madras University to analyse why he is so popular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doctrates anyone

Considering the southern penchant for awarding free Doctorate degrees, why not institute a Hospital (in place of a mere 'Chair') in Madras University to house all those 'Doctors' ?

LQ,

Wonderful suggestion !!!!!

Some of the "thesis areas" could up :

a) Effect of cosmic changes on the "cigarette to mouth flip-flop routine"

b) Goal Programming : 3 Villains. One Bullet, 1 Half blade. Goal - Kill all the villains. Formulate a GP & solve. Only integers allowed

c) Entymological study of the origin of the words "Santooooshama", "Jujubi"

d) Study on the contribution of "Punch Dialogues" in development of Tamil language

e) Study on how "unreal animated graphics" are vis-a-vis Rajini's "original stunts"

Volunteers can apply

even though i dont watch a lot of movies, on the professional front (at my work), i am meeting my targets thanks to "Sivaji" :) so i got no complaints :D

Well said

Dear Mr Hari
Sure Rajini has mass appeal. But what is stopping him from releasing his movie in time? I read that so many producers waiting to release their movies are upset about the delay of Shivaji's release. Is he scared about those young talents in the film industry?
Dear Kothai ji
The distributors were about to screen the movie here on the 11th, 13th and 15th as 11th was Public Holiday. But overseas distributors have been asked to release only 2 days in advance and so all the fans are waiting here too....

What do you think about K.Haasa's Dasavatharam? Is it a remake of any Hollywood movie?
Nandriyudan
Mrs Bagya

Dasaavathaaram

No, I haven't heard of anything like remaking.
Till now, NTS only has the record of doing most no. of characters in a single film. 9 characters in Navarathiri. Kamal is going to break that with Dasaavathaaram.
Director-KS.Ravikumar, Heroine-Asin(two characters)
2 surprises-Mallika Sherawat and Himesh Reshammiya.
Some of Kamal's 10 roles-Sardarji, a female, a siththar kind of role and a guide named Udhaar Mani.
Planned to be released during Aug 07 but postponed to Nov during Diwali.

Due to postponement of Shivaji, Thangar Bachaan has literally cried in Kumudam.

This is the limit

Hi guys!
What is this movie "Shivaji" all about? Certainly, it is not about the historical figure Sivaji; right?

Silverfox,

This is heights. Just because you are at a safe distance, how can you write such ignorant message against our thalaivar.

"That" Sivaji is all about history book,
"This" is the sivaji for which history will cook,

"That" Sivaji was for the Maratha clan,
For "This" Sivaji, entire human race is his fan

"That" Sivaji opposed the mogul,
"This" Sivaji's style is all regal

"That" Sivaji was rarest among his ilk,
"This" Sivaji's poster also bathes in milk

Defeating the mogul was that Sivaji's mission,
Go, see & enjoy this Sivaji's 3 hour session

Despite a king, that sivaji's life wasn't all milk and honey,
This sivaji is all about india's black money.

Such ignorance wouldn't go unpunished. So as penalty please distribute 101 original DVDs of Sivaji next time you are in India.

Dear Hari:

I am crying, man!! by non-stop laughing!! Fantastic! You definitely bring to this forum much-needed comic relief! Thank you!

I am recommending Hari for the title "pulavar" now that Ms. Ponmozhi (is that the right name?) has abandoned the title and opted to become an MP!!!

Wait! on a second thought, I don't want to insult you!!!

So.... the movie is about Rajnikanth and not the real Sivaji, eh?

Last edited:
sirs- just imagine rajinikanth with a cigarette in his mouth, mouthing punch dialogues in the role of maratha king shivaji! thanks god- king shivaji was spared!

Punch dialogues

sirs- just imagine rajinikanth with a cigarette in his mouth, mouthing punch dialogues in the role of maratha king shivaji! thanks god- king shivaji was spared!

Suresh sir,

en karpanai kudhiraiyai neenga thatti vittuteenga.....idho ungal aaanai padi punch dialogues

-- dai moghulu, naan maratha, naan adicha unakku vai irukkadhu saapida parotta

-- indha sivajikke vidaraya nee savallu, unna aakkiduven da diwalu

-- yen pinnala irukkudhu da maratha sena, en kitta vechikkadha veena

-- nadichee saavadippanda andha sivaji, adichee konnuduvanda indha sivaji

sirs- just add the word 'aaaang..' before & after any punch dialogue. only then it will perfectly match for vijayakant!

as for the Rajendar. T. just add the word 'Dandanakka, danakudakka' after any punch dialogue, it will suit him also!

Last edited:
Just came back after watching Shivaji at Satyam. Wonderful movie ! Kya fundoo movie re Baap, paise wasool !!

If you are a logical and reasonable person, suggest leave your logic at home and reason outside the hall.

Sivaji movie

Just came back after watching Shivaji at Satyam. Wonderful movie ! Kya fundoo movie re Baap, paise wasool !!

If you are a logical and reasonable person, suggest leave your logic at home and reason outside the hall.

When I was in Chennai, I heard people using the word "fundoo" or "fundu" .... What exactly does this mean? Clearly it is not an English word? What is the origin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back