• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

சிரார்த்தம்

Status
Not open for further replies.
எனக்கு ஒரு சந்தேகம்! ஒரு மாமா எங்கள் அகத்துக்கு வந்திருந்தார். பேசிக்கொண்டு இருக்கும் சமயத்தில் சிரார்த்தம் பற்றி பேச்சு வந்தது. சாஸ்திரிகள் எல்லாம் நிறைய தக்ஷணை கேட்கிறார்கள், இருக்கிறவா கொடுக்க முடியறது, இல்லாதவா எல்லாம் என்ன பண்ணறது? இப்படியே போனால், இயலாதவா எல்லாம் தெவசம் பண்ணறதயே விட்டுடுவா போல இருக்கே? இது கொஞ்சம் யோசிக்க வேண்டிய விஷயம் தான் என்று எனக்கு த் தோன்றுகிறது, மேலும் இன்னொன்னு, பணக்காரா எல்லாம், ஆபீஸ் பிசினஸ் என்று காலை 7 மணிக்கெல்லாம் தெவசம் பண்ணச் சொல்லி வாத்தியாரை வரச் சொல்றா, அவாளும் பண்ணிட்டு போறா, இதுக்கு நம்ம என்ன செய்யறது?

Dear Sir,

This question was raised by me in another web site. My answer is that let us all join Some BRAHMANA SAMOOHAM. Let the Brahmana samooham engage a priest and necessary brahmins for the function. The priests must also become members of the SAMOOHAM. As far as DAKSHINAI is concerned either we will pay the DAKSHINAI prescribed by the SAMOOHAM to Samooham itself or to the Priests and other brahmins directly as all brahmins consider. I think we can eliminate this manace.

Regards and Namaskarams,
P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

Hi Seshpatram

nowadays all the vaidika karma has been shrunked ( i mean சுருங்கி போச்சு ). It is said in smriti that acharya should not demand for money from the kartha. கர்த்தா என்ன கொடுக்கிறாரோ அதை அவர் எட்ட்று கொள்ள வேண்டும். This is what written. And there are many clauses defined clearly by maharishis. Once can refer the ultimate book which is considered as a pramana in TamilNadu,. It is called Vaithyanatha Dikishitiyam Shraddha kanda two volumes (PurvaBhaga and UttaraBhaga) published by vaithika vardhini.

Thanks
C.R.Bala

எனக்கு ஒரு சந்தேகம்! ஒரு மாமா எங்கள் அகத்துக்கு வந்திருந்தார். பேசிக்கொண்டு இருக்கும் சமயத்தில் சிரார்த்தம் பற்றி பேச்சு வந்தது. சாஸ்திரிகள் எல்லாம் நிறைய தக்ஷணை கேட்கிறார்கள், இருக்கிறவா கொடுக்க முடியறது, இல்லாதவா எல்லாம் என்ன பண்ணறது? இப்படியே போனால், இயலாதவா எல்லாம் தெவசம் பண்ணறதயே விட்டுடுவா போல இருக்கே? இது கொஞ்சம் யோசிக்க வேண்டிய விஷயம் தான் என்று எனக்கு த் தோன்றுகிறது, மேலும் இன்னொன்னு, பணக்காரா எல்லாம், ஆபீஸ் பிசினஸ் என்று காலை 7 மணிக்கெல்லாம் தெவசம் பண்ணச் சொல்லி வாத்தியாரை வரச் சொல்றா, அவாளும் பண்ணிட்டு போறா, இதுக்கு நம்ம என்ன செய்யறது?

Excuse me for responding in English since I cannot express myself well in written Tamizh.

Since general price level is rising and since there is now a very well-paid middle class among brahmins, vaideekans have been charging high rates for some 20 or more years as their contract fee. I agree that this is not the ideal condition.

If you are one of the very few brAhmaNas who will like to perform your parents' srAddha in the afternoon and according to the age-old procedures (with homam, pindam, etc.,) and have the necessary convenience (other than monetary, I mean), then you can buy a book on srAddha prayOga, learn how to do srAddham and perform it with only two brahmins and no vAdhyAr as such.

Otherwise, consider whether it is not equally good to donate money for one noon-time meals for the inmates of any old age home for brahmins which accommodates poor brahmins of old age. I am now adopting this method and feel satisfied that I remember my father and mother and at the same time, some good number of old people are getting meals free.

There is such an old age home at Sri Poorna Mahameru Trust, 1, Sankara Salai, Subam Nagar, Old Pallavaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600117. Phone:044 2247 2483. This is an undertaking of the Kanchi Ashram, I understand.

to eliminate this problem in my view the following things are to be donw

1. kanchi and other sankara madams should issue a notification specifying the charges for vedic kariyas, this can be bifercated to metros and non metros.

2. if any one vadhiyar is not following this , his name should be removed from the vadigal snagam

the above is possible only by intiative by sankara madams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back