• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

IT and corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramacchandran

when I was browsing net I came across a web

HR Corruption in IT companies – exposed | Senthilraja\’s blog

How far it is true? or is it the fact??
One of the biggest corruption, or should i say, the bribery, is happening in the HR and recruitment department.
The sudden rise in number of engineering colleges, had led to intense competition to attract students. The campus recruitment is the biggest factor that students use for selecting a college. They want a job assurance after the course they take.
Due to this, the colleges employ all tactics to bring in companies for recruitment to their colleges. For that, they shell out lakhs of rupees to the employees working in HR & Recruitment Departments of these IT companies, who then influence their position in company to enlist these colleges for recruitment programs.
This year, in one of the college i know, 50 lakhs were being paid by a single college to recruiting officials of one of the three lettered IT company which is in TOP-5 list. Another 50 lakhs was given to the head of that Recruiting Department. Another 50 lakhs for bringing in the five lettered IT company.
I enquired with my friends in HR department and they said such things are common. Also the fact, that these bribe amounts are shared among all those in HR departments, and thus its a best kept secret.
Imagine, if one college is able to shell out more than 1 crore for a single company, how much amount, these HR officials of IT company would get from all other colleges to which they go for recruitment? There are more than 560 engineering colleges in tamilnadu alone. If we assume that atleast 10% of these colleges shell out money, it comes around 50 colleges. The Recruitment Department of a single company receives atleast 10 crores as bribe every year.
One person told me, that only recruitment in Government Colleges are genuine, and that most private colleges shell out such large amounts to different companies. The reason is that the government college staffs have no compulsion to either get university ranks, NOR to pull in more students. So they dont care about campus recruitment.
Other forms of corruption are the backdoor entry in to IT companies, which is pretty common, but kept within secret network. Usually around 1 lakh is being spent by parents to some how get their children in to the MNCs.
The recruitment event in these colleges usually end in bulk recruitment. The colleges then advertise this as achievement, and demand more capitation fees, which is by default unaccountable .
The status of many of these students would be pathetic. Due to the bribe money taken, the recruiting officials are under pressure to select certain number of students fixed by colleges, and they would select many non-eligible students, to meet up the numbers. These unqualified student would be filtered later during probabtion period, by the academic department.

Interesting. However the interviews are not supposed to be done by HR only. The other departments must also play a role. Finally if there is no demand for IT workers, why would they recruit at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back