• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Vedic Age [1500 BC - 1000 BC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lotus_quartz

The Vedic Age [1500 BC - 1000 BC]

·

The Aryans migrated from the North-west to the area called Sapta-Sindhava (the land of the seven rivers) – Eastern Afghanistan, Punjab and the fringes of western Uttar Pradesh. All that is known of the half millennium following the fall of the Indus Civilization comes from the Vedas, a collection of sacred hymns attributed to the Aryans. They prepared the first and oldest collection of mystical hymns, known as the Rig Veda, which is the only source of information on early Vedic life. The other three Vedas, Sama, Yajur, and Atharva were written much later.
Early Aryans were semi-nomadic and kept large herds of cattle. As they settled down in villages, they also became cultivators, using ox to draw their ploughs. They were ruled by warriors, who depended upon priests to perform the rituals to protect their crops and cattle, and insured victory in war. The strength of the Aryan tribes was determined by its Jana (people) and not Janapada (land). The Indian sub-continent got it’s name Bharat Varsha after the tribe Bharata, which was the strongest one.
The early Vedic religion was a form of nature worship. Evidently, there were neither temples nor idols. The mode of prayer was recitation of mantras. Sacrifice was offered for Praja (children), Pasu (cattle) and Dhana (wealth) and not for spiritual upliftment or misery. When the Aryans first came to India, there was no consciousness of caste, nor were the professions hereditary. The word ‘Varna’ is used in the Rig Veda with reference to only the Aryan or Dasa having respectively, fair or dark complexion, but never with reference to the Brahmana or Rajanya (Kshatriya).
During the later Vedic phase, the Aryans moved away from their early settlements to the Ganga-Jamuna- Doab. The Ramayana has partly unfolded the tale of the Aryan advent into the south.
Source : http://www.indiainfocentre.com/history/the-vedic-age-1500-bc-1000-bc

no age for veda

hello friend this information is not correct. i am a veda pandit.
no age for veda . all calling veda APAURUSHEYA. APAURUSHEYA means no author. any details if you want send mail to : [email protected]
mobile: +919942926615:fencing:

Good to have you here

hello friend this information is not correct. i am a veda pandit.
no age for veda . all calling veda APAURUSHEYA. APAURUSHEYA means no author. any details if you want send mail to : [email protected]
:fencing:

Mr Neelakantan,

If '1988' represents your year of birth, i envy you.

Not even all of 20 and a Veda pandit. You are a blessed soul.

Now taking advantage of your presence here, why dont you succinctly write about

- different vedas

- the wealth of information they contain

- what they have to say on scientific matters. By common knowledge we know vedas are a treasure troove but unfortunately guys like me who dont have the benefit of sanskrit education dont have access to this wealth of information.

Also i was bit curious about the choice of icon/emoticon at the end of your message.

I dont think either Mr Lotus_Quartz or most of us here have the moxie to take upon a veda pandit and that too one who is ready for a fight. :)

LQ : Scurrilous writing and regretting in advance.

I can never dream of taking on the collective might of great tamil pandits, for I still am a lowly tamil-illiterate but not so lowly tamil pandit , nevertheless !

PANDITON KI JAI HO !!

Dear Panditha Punitha Athma's ,
As Mr.Hari has suggested , pl provide a brief overview of the contents
of Vedas , Upanishads and any other important manuscripts !
For any question addressed to me about my religion my answer is
' Vedam Puthithu ' and then my link goes off to Bharathiraja's movie and
Amla and so on ..
i know for sure that there are many veda patashalas teaching vedas in sanskrit and to become a pundit one takes up study of each veda , in a sequential manner , mastering all the slokas..
I also know that yajur veda is for rituals and talks about ways of addressing yagnas , sacrifices etc.

The thirst for knowledge into knowing VEDA is increasing , but elders say
it is not worth going behind Rishimoolam , Nadimoolam , i.e to the origins .

Why do they say so ??

Pretty Curious , do continue!

Nanbar neelakantan avargale,

eliya iniya thamizhilo or in simple english, you may write. whichever suits you.

eager to see your posts on vedas.

Vanakkam Thiruvalar neelakantan avargale !

Mozhi perithalla ! matter than perithu !

Vocabulary perithalla vishayam than perithu !

Thamizhil ezhutha font irukka endru theriyavillai , simple english'il
class edungal ! rasikarkal irukkom , varaverpom !

Let us start with my humble simple questions :
1) To understand about use of principles of veda in everyday life, where to start ?
2) Karma endral enna ? Pava punniyam endral enna?

Kacheriyai thuvakkam seiyyalam !

Nanri

Punyam Paapam Endraal Enna

HELLO VIJISEH AND ALL

QUESTIN: PAAPAM ENDRAL ENNA? PUNYAM ENDRAAL ENNA?

ANSWER: PAAPAM ENDRAAL ADHARMAM, PUNYAM ENDRAAL DHARMAM,

INDA VISHAYATTAI JAIMINI MAHARISHI "MEEMAAMSAA" SHASTRATTIL IVVARU KOORUGIRAR-

"VEDA BODHITA ISHTASAADHANATAKAH DHARMAH,
VEDA BODHITA ANISHTASADHANATAKAH ADHARMAH"

VEDATTAL SOLLAPPATTADUM ISHTATTAI TARUVADAGAVUM IRUPPADU DHARMAM ( PUNYAM )

VEDATTAL NINDIKKAPATTADUM NAMAKKU ISHTATTAI TARAADADAAGAVUM IRUPPADU ADHARMAM ( PAAPAM )

PUNYAM
UDAARANAM: "AGNIHOTRAM JUHUYAAT SWARGAKAAMAH" SWARGAM=PHALAM , YAAGAM=SAADHANAM
ADAVADU VEDATTAAL SOLLAPPATTA ISHTASAADHANAMAANA YAAGATTAAL ISHTAMANA SWARGATTAI ADAYAVENDUM

PAAPAM

UDAAHARANAM: "MAAMSAM NA KHAADAYET"
ADAAVADU MAAMSATTAI SAAPPIDAATHE

MAAMSAM NAMAKKU ISHTASADHANAMAGA ILLAI. NINDIKKAPATTIRUPPADAALUM ADU ADHARMAM ( PAAPAM )
:nod:

Vedam

Apropos the discussions on Vedas, It is good to see that many friends are
eager to know what is good and what is bad according to the Sastras. There
is a monthly titled ' VaithikaSri' which gives a good account of these. The
friends can see this journal and also the publications bought out by this
organisation and authored by Nannilam Rajagopala Ganapatigal.

Vedam

Mr. Hariharan 1972
Vedam is a vast subject. You can get an overview of this subject in
'Deivathin Kural ' ,part 2 , pages 211 to 459. Sri Kanchi MahaPeriyaval
has expounded it in simple Tamil. We can't have a better introduction
to this subject.

What does Vedam say ?

Thiru Neelankantan avargale ! / ( Ms Chintana - advise pls )

Nanri, ungal vilakkam kandu magizhchi adainthen !

aanal nanbarey ! VEDA BODHITA ???

Vedam ennathaan solkirathu ...

Intha jenmam eduthathu, poorva janma paapam allavo ?

Neradiyaka
SWARGAM sella vazhi sollungalen !

Eating Mamisam is prohibited , appadi paarthal kosuvai adipathum erumbai nasukkuvathum thappallava ...

Ungal vilakkam enna ?

Sorry ! naan oru maramandai ! avvalavu seekaramaka onrum puriyathu !

Pl bear with me and my silly questions !
Nanri !

Cc: Admin / Ms.Chintana --> May be this learned person could get some quotes from relevant manuscripts online , is there any uploading facility for scanning and attaching to msgs!

HELLO VIJISEH AND ALL

QUESTIN: PAAPAM ENDRAL ENNA? PUNYAM ENDRAAL ENNA?

ANSWER: PAAPAM ENDRAAL ADHARMAM, PUNYAM ENDRAAL DHARMAM,

INDA VISHAYATTAI JAIMINI MAHARISHI "MEEMAAMSAA" SHASTRATTIL IVVARU KOORUGIRAR-

"VEDA BODHITA ISHTASAADHANATAKAH DHARMAH,
VEDA BODHITA ANISHTASADHANATAKAH ADHARMAH"

VEDATTAL SOLLAPPATTADUM ISHTATTAI TARUVADAGAVUM IRUPPADU DHARMAM ( PUNYAM )

VEDATTAL NINDIKKAPATTADUM NAMAKKU ISHTATTAI TARAADADAAGAVUM IRUPPADU ADHARMAM ( PAAPAM )

PUNYAM
UDAARANAM: "AGNIHOTRAM JUHUYAAT SWARGAKAAMAH" SWARGAM=PHALAM , YAAGAM=SAADHANAM
ADAVADU VEDATTAAL SOLLAPPATTA ISHTASAADHANAMAANA YAAGATTAAL ISHTAMANA SWARGATTAI ADAYAVENDUM

PAAPAM

UDAAHARANAM: "MAAMSAM NA KHAADAYET"
ADAAVADU MAAMSATTAI SAAPPIDAATHE

MAAMSAM NAMAKKU ISHTASADHANAMAGA ILLAI. NINDIKKAPATTIRUPPADAALUM ADU ADHARMAM ( PAAPAM )
:nod:

Vedas

Mr. Vijisesh,
I am not keeping any knowledge to myself as you allege. If you read my
earlier post again, you may note that I have said I shall revert later. You have
asked a question answer to which cant be condensed to the meagre space
here. I am only thinking of how to present it briefly and in unambigoius
language. I shall definitely deal with the subject sir.

Last edited:
Saraswathi Civilization

I came across this thread and thought I will keep the members updated.

With the discovery of more and more proto-Historic sites in Gujarat and other places the entire history of Hinduism may have to be rewritten.

The major discoveries are

1. There was a river bigger than the Ganges or Indus which existed in the Sind region. It seems to have dried up over a period of 1000 years. The river Yamuna was a tributary of Saraswati. Most of the sites discovered (what we used to call Indus Valley or Mohanjadaro-Harappa civilization) are along the banks of this Saraswati river.

2. The civilization extended to a huge area of from Afghanistan to Maharashtra.

The anthropologists are all excited and so many papers have been published.

This is one of the early papers. Lot of things have happened after that.

http://www.geocities.com/ravi_sans/indus_sarasvati.htm

But it will show why we are excited.

Now the connection between the Saraswati Civilization and the Vedic civilization has not been conclusively proved as yet. One of the main problem is that the script used by this people have not been deciphered so far. And the gap in the date of writing is to be explained.

This could be the death knell of the myth of Aryan Invasion theory.

I am not talking about the views of the political parties or their so called experts. This is not a P.A. Oak theory.

May come as a disappointment to some of us who claim that they are Aryans. Sorry. Could not resist that.

BTW did you know that Hitler's Guru was from India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back