• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

choosing chennai carnatic carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has gone mute, so i change my q, any other experiences from this years concerts?

I'd love to go to the Chennai music festival. I've unfortunately only been once due to the timing. Live kutcheris are very different from watching it on TV thats for sure.

thanks for the response.
tbs: everything if done in moderation should be good
although been to many kutchery, Krishna gana sabha yesterday SHASHANK flute was thrilling, my first ever kutchery in chennai.

more Qs

1. Shashank bamboo said RAGAM THALAM PALLAVI and changed one note and changed the ragam. As the nomenclature goes, i guess, u can play around with multiple ragas, thalams and basically pallavi ?

2. confusing paper adverts, what is a donor pass? i guess it means a ticket.
Music academy has one at 10k, i assume it is a season donor pass for 15 days?
krishnagana sabha yesterday had passes for 100, 200,500, 1000 that is a single ticket for 3 hour

Yesterdays Mylapor fine arts was not bad. there is no AC, but on the main bus route. total 4 slots per day and the first 2 are free and the later 2 are for a total of 100 rupees. canteen is not bad.

ABISHEK Raghuram was jam packed, was of rocking type in his voice.

KGS had mosquitoes flying around me. U. srinivas, RTP was excellent, had mohanam, mohanakalyani and 2 other ragams. is there a limit on the number of ragams they do in an RTP?
thanks

Dec 20 was a breezy day at hare krishna movement, Thiruvanmyur. back to back 1. archana arthi, 2. pattabiram pandit and 3. Prof. TN KRISHNAN was least stressful. reminded me of Marie hall on Beach road, pdy

Managed to find vidya bharati / parthasarathy swami sabha today. Neyveli santhanagopalan gave a very lively/comical timeline of how he metamorphosed into a great musician. this was on my schedule, coz we could apply the same to any profession like law, medicine or acting. and i know he is very good in teaching with his sharp comments on tv.

Music Academy is the best of the lot. they have BOSE speakers and the auditorium itself is aesthetically appealing. T Rukmani / Amrita Murali was nice. Ranjani Guruprasad + Aswin were good young singers.

bought 2 cds of V. SANJEEV. really good smooth fingering and bowing.

V.Sanjeev - Violinist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back