• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Puranic Ganapati

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respects to all,

According to Maha Periyava, in Deivathin Kural, Pillaiyar is the only God who does not need a temple, He is happy by the street side. He is also Vamana Roopa (small in size) , Maha Kaya (big in size) as in Vakra thunda Maha kaya, the One who has no origin, (He was present -saakshaat ) during the marriage of Siva and Parvati.

Also Pillaiyar has different forms and colors in different yugas, with Dhoomakethu (like air) very soon. Agasthiyar temple in T Nagar Madras has pillars with Pillaiyar's different forms in different yugas.

So the analogy with human brain does not rhyme with Maha Periyava's views.

Vish Iyer MS FRCS

Dear Vish Iyer,

Thanks for your comments.

Though Maha Periyava has much greater wisdom than me a simpleton, (and cannot even be compared), knowledge is like a boson.

Several ideas can exist at the same time and place and be right too.

Pillaiyar does not need a temple, as all living beings are his temple. He is the Vamana Rupa as I explained in the sloka. He is Maha KAya as Brain is the greatest collection (KAya also means collection). And yes ofcourse, can there be more variants than the brain..? We have Vinayagas guiding all our actions from singing, dancing, eating, talking and everything that all living beings do..

:)
-TBT

During a pravachanam, I heard that the Ganesha Puranam, purely dedicated to
Lord Ganesha. It is only an allied one and has many stores and ritualistic points
pertaining to Lord Ganesha. Rather it is a core scripture outlining the Ganesha
Puranam and the other one known as Mudgala Puranam exclusively dedicated
to Lord Ganesha. [SUP][/SUP]

Balasubramanian

Vinayagas in Agasthiyar Temple

Respects to all,

According to Maha Periyava, in Deivathin Kural, Pillaiyar is the only God who does not need a temple, He is happy by the street side. He is also Vamana Roopa (small in size) , Maha Kaya (big in size) as in Vakra thunda Maha kaya, the One who has no origin, (He was present -saakshaat ) during the marriage of Siva and Parvati.

Also Pillaiyar has different forms and colors in different yugas, with Dhoomakethu (like air) very soon. Agasthiyar temple in T Nagar Madras has pillars with Pillaiyar's different forms in different yugas.

So the analogy with human brain does not rhyme with Maha Periyava's views.

Vish Iyer MS FRCS

Dear Vish Iyer,

I had responded to this earlier; Not sure why it did not appear in the forum posting.

While Maha Periyava with his huge wisdom and experience cannot be compared with me in any way, Knowledge is like a Boson, where several ideas can exist in same state and same place.

Vinayaga exists in each of us and that's what I explained in all my blog series. He is Vamana Rupa, as I explained. He is Maha KAya (KAya means collection). Brain is the largest collection (of thoughts and intelligence, nuerons) in our body. He is Vakra (twisted) Thunda (nosed) as I explained.

Pillaiyar is associated with every action of ours from music, dance, arts, yoga, war, love and in every action of our Brain. No wonder we have so many pillaiyars.

Carefully observe the Vinayagas in Agasthiar temple and say what they are doing. We can understand what all our brain does.

-TBT

Thanks Balasubramanian for your comments.

Dhumra Varna (Grey colored) is our Brain as well as Ganapati as in Mudgala Purana.

-TBT

i think many of us identify ourself with our buddhi, since we like our buddhi and also vinayaga so we began to compare.

if vinayaga is sarvatma , he is also buddhi and can be compared. enjoy comparing.

Respects to all,

Shri.TBT,

I enjoy your comparison of Vedic wisdom with modern science. What you say about Boson makes perfect sense. Any thoughts on what Ganesha's next form 'Dhuma Ketu' the form where Pillaiyar is in the form of smoke?

Thanks

Vish Iyer MS FRCS

Respects to all,

Shri.TBT,

I enjoy your comparison of Vedic wisdom with modern science. What you say about Boson makes perfect sense. Any thoughts on what Ganesha's next form 'Dhuma Ketu' the form where Pillaiyar is in the form of smoke?

Thanks

Vish Iyer MS FRCS

Dear Vish,

I didn't see this. So the late reply..

Dhuma is smoke, vapour etc.. Dhumra is the property of it in being grey, smoky, misty.. Ketu is things that have got splintered off. Like a flag that denotes the one below, like a mark/sign that denote the one underneath, like a comet that is splintered off stellar material, like the intellect (brain functions or brahmanaspati) that has splintered off from the heart (brhaspati).

Vinayaga is Dhumra Ketu, as it is the grey matter that has splintered off the heart.

Dhuma ketu is a comet because it is a mist/vapoury/icy splinter off the stellar material.

-TBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back