• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Carnatic Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I saw the advert for Carnatic Rock in the Hindu online. Thought Carnatic music has survived hundreds of years in the same form, I think it is wonderful that the young are devising new ways of making traditional forms accessible to all. Anything that opens up the world of Carnatic music and raise awareness is to be welcomed. What do the others think?

Hi

I saw the advert for Carnatic Rock in the Hindu online. Thought Carnatic music has survived hundreds of years in the same form, I think it is wonderful that the young are devising new ways of making traditional forms accessible to all. Anything that opens up the world of Carnatic music and raise awareness is to be welcomed. What do the others think?

Wow..I like the idea.

What I like of fusion music is the confusion it creates!

You see either way it will kindle the interest to know about any type of music.

Keep on Rocking man!

Listen to this..such songs are a rage in Argentina.

[video=youtube_share;6ZVN2xlJhrI]http://youtu.be/6ZVN2xlJhrI[/video]

Last edited:
Thank you Renuka for posting the Krishna Govinda video. As you say Rock on. I was taken back to my childhood as the Bantu Reeti was one of the first kriti we all learn.

Thank you Renuka for posting the Krishna Govinda video. As you say Rock on. I was taken back to my childhood as the Bantu Reeti was one of the first kriti we all learn.

Dear Scot,

I learnt only western music as a child but learnt lots of bhajans..my 1st song was Manase Bhajore Guru Charanam.

As a teen I used to compose my own bhajans too, I used to write lyrics and me and my bro would sing it...my compositions used to be with a western touch and my mum would be "OMG what are you playing on the piano..what have you done to the bhajan" but now she knows that any music which carries the name of God is sacred.

I should have kept all those compositions..cos I never took it too seriously and did not keep the manuscript of notes that I wrote down.

Anyway you keep posting whatever you find.

I know ISCKON has some pretty westernized songs too and Vikram Hazra of Art of Living does play well on his guitar some pretty nice westernized tunes of Hindu Bhajans.

So as I said "Keep it rocking Dude!"

Thanks Renuka for the link. ISKON has branches all over the world so not surprised about this group from Argentina. I do enjoy Sudha Ragunathan and the 'normal'/ pure sounds too. Have a good Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back