• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

An Instrument

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of the senior rasikAs from Trichy once told me, 'There are two types of music. One will make you shake your head in

appreciation and the other will make the hips shake!! It is a pity that Carnatic music, which is a way to reach God, is torn

into pieces, in the name of 'Fusion music'. The great nadha yOgis like the music trinity are also not left in peace! :tsk:

Last edited:
We have a traditional solution. It is like the caste system. The purists must remain pure, and resist invasion and corruption. The deviants can form a separate group and practise their new found wisdom; both systems (in fact many such systems) can co-exist; the weak ones will die a natural death. There is no need to fight them.

I have full faith in the survival of traditional systems.

One of the senior rasikAs from Trichy once told me, 'There are two types of music. One will make you shake your head in

appreciation and the other will make the hips shake!! It is a pity that Carnatic music, which is a way to reach God, is torn

into pieces, in the name of 'Fusion music'. The great nadha yOgis like the music trinity are also not left in peace! :tsk:

This presentation by Sri. Ganesh and Sri. Kumaresh is an example of how Carnatic music can reach

new heights, without loosing its traditional value and flavour. All rAgAs are so prefect. :laser:

Agree with sarang to some extent. But what GK in the last video above has done is fusing ragas ( which are pure ) in a tal. would you call this one fusion or pure. very difficult to categorise now a days AFAIK.
Madam, Deshadi talam, have never heard of this before. its not linked to the well known Rag Desh!! my only guess is the lagu in the talam has a number 10 in it.

Sri. Ganesh and Sri. Kumaresh have rendered a medley and not fusion. When the classical krithis are played like jazz music,

I do not like it. It is my personal opinion that the purity of Carnatic music vanishes by that. New rAgAms and new thALams

and speedy rendering and as the like add beauty, without marring the purity. But I have seen people who enjoy the 'fusion -

confusion' too!

Now coming to DEsAdhi thALam: It is Adi thALam only - but the start of the song will be after six aksharams. All the songs

played in by the violin maestros in the medley, come under that category.

P.S: I tell my students to start the song after counting 1, 2, 3 when they commence the thALam! :cool:

Sri. L. Shankar and Ms. Gingger Shankar with Double violin.

Photo courtesy: Google images.

sang.jpg

Is there western classical fusion music? Like Beethoven, Mozart and Strauss fused with modern western music?

I think it is always indian classical and western fusion.

Good analogy there !

AbhEri
  • karaharapriya janya
    A: S G2 M1 P N2 S
    Av: S N2 D2 P M1 G2 R2 S

• there are probably 4 extra strings, which might mean 3 extra octaves, most probably only 2 extra

OOPS HANG ON: THERE ARE 5 STRINGS IN EACH, DONT KNOW IF HE WANTS TO KEEP S P S P ALWAYS!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back