• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sri Rudram Chamakam - Tamil script with svara and the Akshara sabdha annotation

I would like to learn Rudram and Chamakam from a guru if that's possible via Skype or from any videos available. I can read Sanskrit, but would prefer a video link and/or a Guru. Please let me know of any recommendations. Thanks.

Dear Arvind,
Greetings. Tamil script does not fully support SANSKRIT phonetics even in theory. Plus all Mahamantras must be learnt from a Guru only. You can listen to the chantings of Kashi pandits who use the right phonetics, INITIALLY. But learning must come from a guru.
Hari Om

Yes i strongly agree that Sri Rudram should be learn from the best Guru, but how to practise it in the home, for that purpose this image files will be helpful. I have the best video to learn Sri Rundram. If anyone required tell me i will post it.
Dear Prasadsp, Could you please let me know the video to learn Sri Rundram you mentioned. Thank you.

Hello everyone
I am looking for a Sri Rudram Chamakam text in Tamil with svara marking and sabdha marking in Akshara( written as 1,2,3,4) on top of the Akshara
I too looking for Taitriya Mantra kosham tamil book PDF. I had already learned the portion of rudram, portion of chamakam and sri suktham from guru 25years back. Those days, its without book. Now I need to practice it. I have taitriya mantra kosam book, but not accessible as Im held in lockdown.

Hari Om!
Today spiritual veda and Rudhram Chamakam books are available in each languages.
But you must find a Guru. Meet your family Sastrigal or Priest from a nearby Temple and find out the details. If you happen to go to Sanskrit College you can get better information.
For your kind information Veda Class never teaches straight to Rudhram and Chamakam. They start with invocation prayers, Ganapathi Atharva Seersham, Shanti Mantras, Poorna kumbha mantras, Sukthams one by one, and it takes a year to practice and perfection byhard it, recite it, and able to accurate akshara suththam they start Laghu niyassm, and Rudhram and Chamakam.
Each class only 4 lines to 6 lines new and practice the previous class first. Each student will be taught by correcting his word and asked him to practise.
Then with Rudhram and Chamakam how to split to breath and continue. Each para is continuous. So we need to breath and the technique of it is taught.
Try to find a guru who conduct classes.
Temples many Sastrigal do parayanam. You expect you will learn from it.
Learn from a guru, take part in pujas and listen to their chanting. Please don't come to conclusion on hearing because puja rituals lines are different from learning.
By observing and hearing you could pick up the correction. Practice at home whatever you learnt before God, besides practicing the what is leart to show to Guru for next step learning.
When I learnt at the of 46. Two days per week one hour class and our group had 15 to 20 peoples ages from 15 years old to 60 years. As everyone wished to learn they are valued and accepted with their position. There were two group. Senior and Junior. Senior had reached Rudhram and Chamakam. We are also Narayana Upanishad and others. Seniors reached Arunaopanishad. Seniors had a class they do Namaskaram for each Aruna Upanishad or Surya namaskaram(different from yoga) They had to do 108 or so. After learning 10 stanzas they started it.
Later when we reached Rudhram both the classes combined. We get a chance to go wity seniors and get undated and practise. Many of our peoples arranged veda parayanam at their home on child's Birthday celebration. That gave an opportunity to recite Veda Gosham with others.
All the Good Wishes.

Latest ads

Back