• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

WORLD HEART DAY

Today-Sept 29- is World Heart Day.In this context I wish to discuss about “Sudden Death” of youngsters .

It is really shocking to see young apparently healthy active and energetic persons dying suddenly due to ‘massive cardiac(heart) arrest’.They may be participating in an athletic event,a sport,a gym work-up and the like but fall sick quite abruptly and die in a few minutes.

The sudden massive cardiac arrest can affect any person with or without preexisting heart disease.Here the heart’s electrical system malfunctions. Heartbeats suddenly become very fast and irregular making the heart unable to pump blood.The patient loses brain function and falls unconscious.Death results within 4-6 minutes if blood circulation is not restored.

Absolutely no time to be reached to a hospital,the only possible aid that can be given by a bystander is CPR-cardio pulmonary resuscitation.It is an emergency procedure that combines chest compressions with artificial ventilation in an effort to preserve intact brain function until further measures are taken.The basics of CPR should be a part of all High school/ college training programmes.Social organisations and voluntary service agencies should undertake CPR training for their members.

Rapid treatment with a medical device called an automated external defibrillator (AED) can be life-saving. AED delivers an electrical shock to restore the normal heart rhythm.The quicker the patient is connected to AED,quicker is the response.Use of AEDs at places such as railway stations, airports, large housing colonies, office complexes, and shopping malls can nearly double the chances of survival after an out-of-the-hospital cardiac arrest.

In our country,sudden cardiac arrest cases in the younger age are high, due to the higher prevalence of coronary artery disease(coronary arteries supply blood to heart muscles)among them.Here plaques of ‘cholesterol’ get deposited in the walls of the coronary arteries.Sometimes due to changes in the plaques, clotting and abrupt block of the artery happens .This leads to stoppage of the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart muscle which then starts to die.This is ‘heart attack’ which is different from ‘cardiac arrest’.But this event also can cause sudden cardiac arrest.

More than half of the patients with heart attack die before reaching the hospital due to sudden cardiac arrest.The first hour following a heart attack is very important in preventing cardiac arrest.Sometimes sudden cardiac arrest is the first manifestation of coronary artery disease.So prevention of coronary artery disease is important to reduce sudden deaths due to cardiac arrest.

Some heart-related causes of sudden cardiac arrest in young people include Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, abnormally connected coronary arteries by birth,Long QT syndrome, inflammation of the heart muscle and abnormalities of the heart's electrical system( Brugada syndrome).A blunt blow to the chest during sports can trigger cardiac arrest.Severe emotional stress can trigger life-threatening heart rhythm changes causing sudden death. Persons with sleeplessness,obesity,bad life/foodstyle and other diseases are more prone to sudden death due to heart’s erratic electrical activity.

Symptoms that parents, coaches and others should suspect in a young person to be at high risk of sudden cardiac death include unexplained fainting during physical activity,family history of unexplained deaths before the age of 50,shortness of breath or chest pain.

Those detected to be at high risk of sudden cardiac death, are advised to avoid competitive sports.Medical or surgical treatments are instructed .Another option is an implantation of a cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD). This like a pacemaker continuously monitors your heartbeat. If abnormal heart rhythm occurs, the ICD delivers electrical shocks to restore a normal rhythm.

Routine tests before athletes are cleared to play competitive sports might help identify those at increased risk.For anyone with a family history of sudden cardiac death, further screening is recommended. ECG is always done to see the rhythm and electrical activity of the heart.

When it comes to treatment, time is critical.Defibrillation (delivering shock or electrical energy) reverts the heart rhythm to normal and should be performed within 3-5 min.

An Intra Cardiac Defibrillator (ICD) is a device like a pacemaker implanted in patients at high risk for sudden cardiac arrest. The device helps to revert heart rhythm to to normal.

To conclude, adopting a healthy lifestyle , getting regular health checkups to keep the risk factors for coronary artery disease under control, drug treatment for established coronary artery disease and ICDs for those at very high risk are the means to reduce sudden cardiac arrest and death.Mass education to empower the bystanders to recognise and respond early to this situation with CPR and government initiatives to install AEDs at high population density areas can achieve higher survival rates from this mounting threat to mankind.

This rise in heart problems mainly because of stupid and foolish pressure cooker western system. We need to completely undo it and create a sensible system in its place. The rise in other major diseases amongst youngsters and rise in suicides is also because of the stupid and foolish system in place now.

This rise in heart problems mainly because of stupid and foolish pressure cooker western system. We need to completely undo it and create a sensible system in its place. The rise in other major diseases amongst youngsters and rise in suicides is also because of the stupid and foolish system in place now.
A good lifestyle and food style are to be followed right from childhood to avert such diseases to a great extent.

Karma also determines a lot of things.
A relative I know is extremely old and terminal yet doctors are wondering how come the person is not dying.
The will to live is so high and the strength is tremendous though terminal.
I started to sense that everything is aligning itself to keep this person alive.

So I did something that I have never done before as a doctor.
I got the persons horoscope checked after getting consent( person is my relative) and the readings really gave a deeper insight as to why this person still is alive.

Interesting findings for me to compare clinical findings and horoscope findings.
Very clear karma over rides a lot of things.

Karma also determines a lot of things.
A relative I know is extremely old and terminal yet doctors are wondering how come the person is not dying.
The will to live is so high and the strength is tremendous though terminal.
I started to sense that everything is aligning itself to keep this person alive.

So I did something that I have never done before as a doctor.
I got the persons horoscope checked after getting consent( person is my relative) and the readings really gave a deeper insight as to why this person still is alive.

Interesting findings for me to compare clinical findings and horoscope findings.
Very clear karma over rides a lot of things.
Yes Renuka. At the deepest level it is Karma. We do not know the import of Karma. I think eyes, nose, body, life etc are given to that import and make it seem to us we are a separate and autonomous existence.

Karma is the root of all physical reality. Animals and non living beings have their own level of karma. Some beautiful mega story is being told. God has a purpose to have physical reality and He bases it on the system of karma.

I will continue this conversation in my thread as this will be out of topic here.

Let us pledge this World Heart Day to listen to our hearts and commit to take good care of it.

World Heart Day 2023: 10 Daily Habits That Will Boost Your Heart Health​

World Heart Day 2023: Read on as we discuss some simple habits you can inculcate in your daily routine for better heart health.

Here are some lifestyle changes you can make for better heart health:

1. Regular exercise

Engaging in physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day can help improve heart health. Activities like walking, jogging, swimming, or cycling are great options. Excess weight can strain the heart, so aim to achieve and maintain a healthy weight through a balanced diet and regular exercise.

…………………………………………

…………………………………………

10. Regular health check-ups​

Regularly monitoring blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and overall heart health with routine check-ups can help identify and manage any potential risk factors.

By incorporating these changes into your daily routine, you can significantly improve your heart health and reduce the risk of heart disease. However, it is always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional for personalised advice and guidance.

Read more at:

https://www.ndtv.com/health/world-h...its-that-will-boost-your-heart-health-4431480

We mostly neglect the mind when we think of our cardiovascular health.
Honestly as a doctor, I feel psychology should be part of any treatment.
Very often the state of mind is taken for granted.
The physical body health alone isnt enough.
I am glad some hospitals in out here are including Mindfulness therapy for chronic illness.

We mostly neglect the mind when we think of our cardiovascular health.
Honestly as a doctor, I feel psychology should be part of any treatment.
Very often the state of mind is taken for granted.
The physical body health alone isnt enough.
I am glad some hospitals in out here are including Mindfulness therapy for chronic illness.
Yes. The role of mind may be 50 percent. That is the importance of mind especially a strong mind. Spiritual healing is nothing but using the power of the mind. As Renuka says its potential is mostly not used.

Let us get ourselves educated on reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke and thereby improve our quality of life

Why predictive models for proactive heart health management are crucial amid rising heart disease burden in India?

This is a matter of utmost importance because what we currently see is only the tip of the iceberg. One of the most challenging aspects of heart disease is its silent progression; often, individuals are unaware of its presence until it reaches an advanced and irreversible stage.

Read more at:
https://health.economictimes.indiat...ising-heart-disease-burden-in-india/104046244

Yes. The role of mind may be 50 percent. That is the importance of mind especially a strong mind. Spiritual healing is nothing but using the power of the mind. As Renuka says its potential is mostly not used.
Its much more than 50%..its the source of all our well being and diseases.
For eg the Brain - Gut axis for Gastrointestinal health.
The Brain- Cardiac or Brain other systems axis too.

Have you realized any religion talks about the mind first?
Even in Nirvana Shatakam Adi Shankaracharya says in his first line " I am not the mind"

Its the mind that shapes our preferences in life based on our genetic predisposition and environment.
But neuroplasticity is always there.
That is its not as if we can never rewire our thoughts or even by pass the negative aspects of us.

This is where again we use the mind yet not be ruled by it.
A bit of a paradox though.
But we can train ourselves..we have two types of memory, Procedural memory and Declarative memory.
Procedural memory is the neuroplastic one which absorbs our inputs and stores it in our memory bank.
The inputs stored here are the ones we learnt by repetition.
Eg chanting religious text from young.
whatever we learnt by trying and trying again like riding a bicycle is also procedural memory.
Procedural memory is highest before the age of 12 or more and declines as we get older.

But this can be reactivated.
Anything good which we want to instill in us should be done in a repititive format.
Then it becomes our 2nd nature.
A little sense of compulsion helps.
Thats the only way we can change some aspects of us by using procedural memory to by pass the constrains of declarative memory that resists change.

If this format is applied in our life..we can make better choices in our health and at least help ourselves be healthy and also make ourselves accept the fact that not everything can be rectified but it can be modified.

Its much more than 50%..its the source of all our well being and diseases.
For eg the Brain - Gut axis for Gastrointestinal health.
The Brain- Cardiac or Brain other systems axis too.

Have you realized any religion talks about the mind first?
Even in Nirvana Shatakam Adi Shankaracharya says in his first line " I am not the mind"

Its the mind that shapes our preferences in life based on our genetic predisposition and environment.
But neuroplasticity is always there.
That is its not as if we can never rewire our thoughts or even by pass the negative aspects of us.

This is where again we use the mind yet not be ruled by it.
A bit of a paradox though.
But we can train ourselves..we have two types of memory, Procedural memory and Declarative memory.
Procedural memory is the neuroplastic one which absorbs our inputs and stores it in our memory bank.
The inputs stored here are the ones we learnt by repetition.
Eg chanting religious text from young.
whatever we learnt by trying and trying again like riding a bicycle is also procedural memory.
Procedural memory is highest before the age of 12 or more and declines as we get older.

But this can be reactivated.
Anything good which we want to instill in us should be done in a repititive format.
Then it becomes our 2nd nature.
A little sense of compulsion helps.
Thats the only way we can change some aspects of us by using procedural memory to by pass the constrains of declarative memory that resists change.

If this format is applied in our life..we can make better choices in our health and at least help ourselves be healthy and also make ourselves accept the fact that not everything can be rectified but it can be modified.
Body&mind go hand in hand.They have no individual existence.Treating either of them alone will never reach the success point.Successful doctors are aware of this bond.

It seems mind and physical body act in different ways with respect to health. The function at the physical level is one of protection and not let negativity happen whereas the mind tries to elevate the body. When negativity is not prevented mind is not able to do its function properly. When positivity is not given body lacks some essential support when required. A mind body balance, that is, a spiritual state is what makes the body function well.

It seems mind and physical body act in different ways with respect to health. The function at the physical level is one of protection and not let negativity happen whereas the mind tries to elevate the body. When negativity is not prevented mind is not able to do its function properly. When positivity is not given body lacks some essential support when required. A mind body balance, that is, a spiritual state is what makes the body function well.
The mind and body are in the ease balance.
When the imbalance happens we get dis-ease.

Positive and negative cancel out each other in homeostasis.

Latest ads

Back