• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Upanayanam for Vaishyas

Jai Sriman Narayana,

Adiyen is born into a Vaishya family. However, the practise of upanayanam is no longer practised for generations. How can adiyen reignite the practise of wearing yagnopaveet for my son in future given that his father(by birth Vaisya too) and grandfather or any men in the family have not been initiated for generations? Can we start this practice again? How should we do it? Who should we approach?

Adiyen is doing my best in practising Sri Vaishnavism and is yet to get samasrayanam from an Acharya. Adiyen wants to practice dharma properly and ensure my family is doing it as well. Manu Smriti says Vaishyas should wear yagnopaveet too and that is why adiyen is asking.

Azhwar emperumanar jeeyar tiruvadigale saranam. Jai Srimannarayana!

Latest ads

Back