• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

SUMANGALI vs AMANGALI

HATE THE SUMANGALI-AMANGALI DISCRIMINATION IN OUR COMMUNITY .
NOT ABOUT ANY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE-I DON’T CARE ALSO.
HUSBAND-BEREAVEMENT IS A PERSONAL CONCERN.
I too wonder why Hindu society has this form of discrimination.
A human being is not supposed to be identifying themselves with even the 5 elements, yet the Sumangali- Amangali discrimination is there.
There seems to be a disconnect between Hindu philosophy and lifestyle.

Why is so much emphasis given to the marital status of a human being?

But at the same time, a male too needs his wife beside him to be able to perform certain rituals.
Even the Avatar Lord Rama needed the idol of Seeta to be made for Him to perform a ritual.

May be we are missing something, could it be for a householder( married person) they are only complete with their other half..like an Ardhanareeshwara...and when one is widowed or widowered, one is not complete anymore to perform rituals that need a complete state.

But due to lack of understanding, the lack of being complete became to be a discrimination instead of understanding the actual reason???
No idea.

I think as with many other, the concept of amangali seems to be out of sync with the original intention. When in a couple both alive only the female is accorded a grand status as sumangali. Not the male given any special status. That positive status goes away when husband dies and I think there is no negativity imposed in the original intention but degraded in to negativity as time passed.

It happened to many ideas including the Varna system.

Latest ads

Back