• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shraddha date confirmation

My father expired at 1 30 pm Sydney Australia time in Sydney on 1 August 2023. Can you please work out what the annual Thithi date ( 1st anniversary ) is. The equivalent IST time of death is 9am on 1 Aug 2023.
Regards Gana

My father expired on 15th February 2023 at 4.45 AM in Bangalore. I was given shraddha dates as Dashami n we have accordingly done all monthly rituals. Now a person in the exteded family is insisting that shraddha tithi is navami. Can someone please clarify?
15.02.23 Sunrise was at 6.43am app. Navami thithi ended at 46 - 10 Nazhigai. ( 7.00am app.) Your Father expired at 4.45 am. Therefore it is Navami only. Vaazhga Valatthudan. R Ramaswami.

My father expired at 1 30 pm Sydney Australia time in Sydney on 1 August 2023. Sunrise on 1 Aug 2023 in Sydney was at 6.50 am. Can you please work out what the annual Thithi date ( 1st anniversary ) is? The equivalent IST time of death is 9am on 1 Aug 2023.
Regards Gana

Latest ads

Back