• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ear piercing ceremony for my son

Sanjana93

Namaskaram,

Wanted to reach out regarding the ear piercing ceremony of my 9 year old son. Since we have been living in the states for the past 15+ years, I did not get the opportunity to put my mottai for my son and do the ear-piercing ceremony.

I am planning visit India in June along with my son and daughter (she is 17 yrs old) and plan to do the ceremony for my son at Vaideeswaran Koil.

Coming to my the questions I have:

1) I want to make my son sit on my daughters lap for ear piercing ceremony, as all our relatives are abroad and my husband will not be able to make it.

Is it okay for the boy to sit on his elder sisters lap during the headshave and when his ears are pierced?

2) I plan on making my son wear the earrings for 2 years. Is there a specified time that he needs to wear the earrings?

3) Also, the I am planning to get Diamond Jimmiki (dangle type earrings) for my son to wear. Can such a type of earring be used for the ear-piercing? Or only gold earrings are recommended?

Have attached the picture of the earrings.

Thank you very much for your response.

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpeg
    IMG_1811.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 163
I dont see any issue in making your son sit on his elder sister for the tonsure and ear piercing. However, during the ear-piercing your daughter should hold your son very tightly to make sure he doesnt inadvertently move - that might lead to the piercing location changing. These days, boys are made to wear the earrings which are pierced for less than a year only, so 2 years should be great. Please make sure the earrings are robust enough, as your son will be wearing them day in and day out for a long time.

Latest ads

Back