• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Avani avittam 2023

when will avani avittam 2023 for yujur upkarma and send the Mantra also
I was hoping Nithya Karma organization would make their yearly service available. But I don’t see anything on their website, only Mahalaya Tharpanam. Does anyone here know what the alternatives are? Thanks. Purushothaman Iyer

Avani Avittam 2023 • Shravana Purnima Upakarmam
Avani Avittam also known as ‘Upakramam’, meaning beginning or commencement, marks the beginning of study of vedas and is a significant ritual for Brahmin community in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. It is observed on the Shravan Purnima (full moon day) of the traditional Hindu calendar, which is also the day of Raksha Bandhan in North India.

Avani Avittam 2023 is on August 30, Wednesday

can any one say in dealesgan (Germany) any brahmin society available for avani-avvittam.
There is no city or town named "dealesgan" in Germany or anywhere else to the best of my knowledge. It's possible that there might be a typo or misunderstanding in the name you've provided.

If you're referring to a specific place, business, or any other entity, please provide more context or check the spelling, and I'll do my best to help you.

This is the list of towns in Germany:

Last edited:
Is any online meet available for avani avitam (day after tmr) Aug 23, so that we can do the ceremony from house itself like we did in corono period. Can anyone share details and link of the meet. Awaiting for reply.

Latest ads

Back