• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Bhagavad Gita

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lotus_quartz

The Bhagavad Gita
translated by Sir Edwin Arnold
The Song Celestial. or Bhagavad−Gita (From the Mahabharata) Being a Discourse Between Arjuna, Prince of
India, and the Supreme Being Under the Form of Krishna Translated from the Sanskrit Text by Sir Edwin
Arnold, M.A., K.C.I.E., C.S.I. New York Truslove, Hanson & Comba, Ltd. 67 Fifth Avenue 1900
Dedication
TO INDIA

Bagavath Gita -daily

An Important Notice:
Tamil Description Of Bagavadgita Is Available From Monday To Friday On Podigai(tamil Doordharshan)from 6:30 To 6:45 Am By Sri.velukkudi Krishnan In A Fantastic Manner.
Radheykrishnaa

The Bhagavad Gita

The Song Celestial. or Bhagavad−Gita (From the Mahabharata) Being a Discourse Between Arjuna, Prince of
India, and the Supreme Being Under the Form of Krishna Translated from the Sanskrit Text by Sir Edwin
Arnold, M.A., K.C.I.E., C.S.I. New York Truslove, Hanson & Comba, Ltd. 67 Fifth Avenue 1900
Dedication
TO INDIA

What is so great about this author?

What are his credentials?

Why should anyone read his translation?

Regards,
Chintana

An Important Notice:
Tamil Description Of Bagavadgita Is Available From Monday To Friday On Podigai(tamil Doordharshan)from 6:30 To 6:45 Am By Sri.velukkudi Krishnan In A Fantastic Manner.
Radheykrishnaa

Same questions to you Radheykrishnaa.

What is so good about Sri.Velukkudi Krishnan?

Who is he?

What is his background? What has he done to call himself an authority on the Bhagavad Gita?

Regards,
Chintana

The Bhagavad Gita
Dedication
TO INDIA

This book is available on line here.

http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext00/bgita10.txt

This is one of the oldest translations.

Last edited:
Translation

What is so great about this author?

What are his credentials?

Why should anyone read his translation?

Regards,
Chintana

Shri Chintana

I personally use Shri Guru Srila Prabhupada's translated Bhagavath Gita.Even though my Kula Guru is Kanchi Kamkoti Peetham,i found the books of Srila Prabhupada,extremely soul fulfilling.

As for your questions...may i ask why NOT?read translated works of different human beings,and cull the information,to comprehend it better.

In fact books written by Bhagavan Sathya Sai Baba or at least published by Bhagavan's trust,is also an excellent source material to read.In fact if one reads,Sathya Sai Speaks,i know entire Vedanta is covered.

Ammachi is the only Saint/Sage/Avatar...... for me,i dont need her books or audio/video tapes or anything...she is just there between my amygdala tickling them.Shri Amma Sharanam Mama.

sb

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back