Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cow or Mridhamgam - which is important

Next time you attend a Carnatic Music concert you are going to have uneasy feelings looking at the Mridangam player.
    Do you know the instrument is mainly made of cow’s hide, that too of young healthy cows, specially chosen and slaughtered ? What will happen if cow-slaughter is banned?
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Electronic mirdangam will come in its place.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb

Dear Sir,

This topic is already discussed once in this forum. Sri. Kunjuppu started the following thread in Sept 2011!

Please have a look.

(st) thyagaraja's cow
    Last edited by Raji Ram; 03-06-2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: date of thread
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We use leather in our garments, luggage, and furniture. All gelatin is derived from bones. There are so many hidden use of animal product in our food. I am vegetarian and it bothers me. If i wanted to be pure vegan it will be inconvenient to so many people, so I have to compromise. Life is a compromise.
    Try to do as little harm to the environment as possible.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sudeshwer View Post
    Next time you attend a Carnatic Music concert you are going to have uneasy feelings looking at the Mridangam player.
    Do you know the instrument is mainly made of cow’s hide, that too of young healthy cows, specially chosen and slaughtered ? What will happen if cow-slaughter is banned?
    dear sir !
    we need not get it only by slaughtering.We can get it natural death occurs.
    guruvayurappan.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    We use leather in our garments, luggage, and furniture. All gelatin is derived from bones. There are so many hidden use of animal product in our food. I am vegetarian and it bothers me. If i wanted to be pure vegan it will be inconvenient to so many people, so I have to compromise. Life is a compromise.
    Try to do as little harm to the environment as possible.
    dear sir !
    that is why it is said that we should not probe the origin of the rivers and rishis ,i think !
    when you are asked to count vadas ,you are not expected to count the holes
    cheers,
    guruvayurappan
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mrs. Rajiji,
    Sometimes I happy that some of the so called "rationalist" have left the forum.
    In the name of honesty they used to heap so much negativity about India, Indians, and Hindus.
    The thread you referred to bring back the memory of those days of constant battles. LOL

Satyam vada: Speak the truth, but a caution may be added not to speak unpleasanttruth. (Satyam Bruyat, Priyam Bruyat na Bruyat Asatyam Apriyam) All that you speakmust be truth but you do not have to say all that is true
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    .......... The thread you referred to bring back the memory of those days of constant battles. LOL
    Very true! It was like 'malarum ninaivugaL' for me too!!

I had given a tutorial, in that thread!!
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by guruvayurappan View Post
    dear sir !
    that is why it is said that we should not probe the origin of the rivers and rishis ,i think !
    when you are asked to count vadas ,you are not expected to count the holes
    cheers,
    guruvayurappan
    Of course, what is disturbing must be shoved under the rug--right? Turn a blind eye and a deaf ear. Everything will be hunky dory. Whether you count vaDai or the toLai (hole) it is all the same so long as each vaDai has one toLai. Sometimes some vaDais have more than one toLai or a giant-sized toLai. That is where the problem is.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mr. Mahakaviji,

Mr. Guruvayurappan, said the right thing.
    I suppose what you do in your bedroom, other than sleeping is known to all of us. But we keep it behind closed doors for decorum. If you do that in public, you are called culture less, and may end up in jail. Yes there are some facts that are better unsaid.

Like I said in my post#7 above.
    Last edited by prasad1; 03-06-2012 at 11:18 PM.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast